NCAA Wrestling

I've never heard them say anything bad about Bryant but they like to trash Foley which I have no issue with. I listen during the season or during big events times but not every episode so it's not comprehensive.

Never listened to their show, saw it on Twitter.

One or both of them rage blocked him at some point lol

Gross bumped up wrestle Meredith. #1 vs #1. Great match with some crazy scrambles. Way more exciting then 3-2 sounds.

I noticed they seem to get triggered by Jason Bryant who seems like a pretty harmless dude.

Bryant is a pretty condescending and sanctimonious dude from my experience reading his stuff. Not a guy I'd want to get a beer with.

Holy shit at that Meredith/Gross match. Gross held his own for giving up all that weight, it was noticeable. That whole dual was pretty damn exciting. I like that 125 for SDSU, Brown I think his name was. He's got a great style.

Bryant is a pretty condescending and sanctimonious dude from my experience reading his stuff. Not a guy I'd want to get a beer with.

Holy shit at that Meredith/Gross match. Gross held his own for giving up all that weight, it was noticeable. That whole dual was pretty damn exciting. I like that 125 for SDSU, Brown I think his name was. He's got a great style.
How? Bryant I mean

Just bought a ticket to Session 6 at NCAA Nationals. I've been a casual NCAA wrestling fan for years, but I'm going to dive in hard over the next 6 weeks so I know what I'm looking at.

Interesting...

I think Burroughs is too strong at 74kg imo, same as Snyder was too strong at 97kg for Sadulaev. It takes a lot of years to truly fill out and become lean in a weight class above, it is very hard to go up in weight imo. I have tried it before and everybody felt too strong for me, at first.

The thought of this match up though... I think Chamizo's defense would give Burroughs problems, but he also needs to score and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Tsabolov is... or the Uzbek guy who he beat in 2017 Worlds (who teched him in 2016). Will watch for sure!

i wonder if Burroughs will ever move up to test himself more. Would be cool to see, I still want Burroughs vs Yazdani!

I think Burroughs is too strong at 74kg imo, same as Snyder was too strong at 97kg for Sadulaev. It takes a lot of years to truly fill out and become lean in a weight class above, it is very hard to go up in weight imo. I have tried it before and everybody felt too strong for me, at first.

The thought of this match up though... I think Chamizo's defense would give Burroughs problems, but he also needs to score and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Tsabolov is... or the Uzbek guy who he beat in 2017 Worlds (who teched him in 2016). Will watch for sure!

i wonder if Burroughs will ever move up to test himself more. Would be cool to see, I still want Burroughs vs Yazdani!

The jump to 86 is much bigger. I could see him taking a match with a 79 guy but I'm not sure who is there now besides Dake who he's already wrestled a lot. Is Geudev going 79 or 86?

Pretty sure Yazdani is going 86?

Also there is speculation Chamzio is making a permanent move to 74 anyway.

I certainly am looking forward to Yarygin! Dake and Taylor will be going which I am totally excited for. I've always said that Dake would've done damage internationally if it hadn't been for him being behind Burroughs, and after his performance at the world cup I was thoroughly impressed! It will be awesome to see him in the "toughest tournament in the world"! Of course it is always great to see the Russians that compete there as well!

Lee gets the W 3-2

2 escapes and rode him for the whole 2nd for riding time.

NATO had the line takedown

Wow pretty surprised by that one, although I'm honestly not sure why I am.

Just watched the Lee/NaTo match. So my thoughts are that lately I've felt mat returns are a lost art. A lot of the time guys are just cutting their opponent when he gets to his feet. You could see the frustration in NaTo's face when he got returned. That won Lee the match. But NaTo did get in at will so that bodes well for him. Toss up match, really looking forward to the inevitable rematch. 125 is fucking awesome.

Back