NCAA Wrestling

College is folkstyle only, that's what gets you scholarship.

Most of the Big College programs have freestyle club (Regional Training Center) they associate with where the guys train freestyle in the off-season. Right now Akgul is in Ohio training with the Ohio ETC.

I think most Grreco guys train in Colorado or join the military and compete for the armed forces.
Aside from Colorado Springs and the US Army World Class Athletes Program like you mentioned, and the University of Northern Michigan, it seems there is a stronger Greco connection with the University of Minnesota and the Schools in the Pacific Northwest. Im guessing this is due to J Robinson's Greco past and all the world class Greco guys from Oregon (Hendo, Couture, Lindland, etc). So many of the top Greco guys came from Minnesota its pretty crazy.

uu9pmDP.gif

Wait uh no, uh I mean
giphy.gif

Hahahahaha
I kind of want to try and find it again, now that I reminded myself of it...

I remember first seeing him at Jr Worlds when he kicked the shit out of Pico, he was a scrawny kid back then. Maybe he's just a freak but that much weight in that little time, ya... suspect to say the least.
And this was at 66. So, from 66 to 92 in 4 years!?!!?

I believe he said he’s going up just for the Asian championships and then going back down for worlds.
I heard from an Iranian on another forum that the Iranian higher ups value the Asian Championships more than worlds. Not he wrestlers themselves, but they do what they are told. I don't know why this would be.

Aside from Colorado Springs and the US Army World Class Athletes Program like you mentioned, and the University of Northern Michigan, it seems there is a stronger Greco connection with the University of Minnesota and the Schools in the Pacific Northwest. Im guessing this is due to J Robinson's Greco past and all the world class Greco guys from Oregon (Hendo, Couture, Lindland, etc). So many of the top Greco guys came from Minnesota its pretty crazy.
Lt Colton Rashee. Is a “kid” I coached from 4yo to 13 when he switched to a larger club. He’s on the marines Greco squad and was a NQ for the Air Force Academy. I loved that he followed his dreams and his talent and hard work was able to carry him so far

Lt Colton Rashee. Is a “kid” I coached from 4yo to 13 when he switched to a larger club. He’s on the marines Greco squad and was a NQ for the Air Force Academy. I loved that he followed his dreams and his talent and hard work was able to carry him so far
Yeah man, the Marines seem to produce great Greco wrestlers. Greg Gibson from the 80s was one of our best Greco guys in the last 30 or so years and he was a Marine. BTW, what is NQ?

Yeah man, the Marines seem to produce great Greco wrestlers. Greg Gibson from the 80s was one of our best Greco guys in the last 30 or so years and he was a Marine. BTW, what is NQ?
National qualifier. He attended and wrestled the the Air Force academy and qualified for the D1 national championship

National qualifier. He attended and wrestled the the Air Force academy and qualified for the D1 national championship
Thats quite an accomplishment. The level of competition at DI Nationals is obviously extremely high. Not far off from Senior Nationals in my opinion.

Thats quite an accomplishment. The level of competition at DI Nationals is obviously extremely high. Not far off from Senior Nationals in my opinion.
Yeah. He’s an amazingly hard worker, smart, and just a good man. It’s been fun watching him and his game grow

Yeah. He’s an amazingly hard worker, smart, and just a good man. It’s been fun watching him and his game grow
Illinois, hell of a wrestling state. I was impressed to learn that Curtis Blades won at least 1 IL state title.

I'd love to see an All-Star match up of PA's best vs. Illinois and Ohio's best. I think it would be a hell of a battle.

I saw that on themat.com.

This kid has horrible luck if he misses 2 straight post seasons where we would have been a top 2 seed going into Big10s
Reminds me of another LW Jesse Delgado. Couldve been even better than a 2x DI Champ had he stayed healthy.

I hate to say it, but Ohio State is going to need an amazing performance to beat PSU. Pains me to say.

desantokeystone740.jpg

Desanto bless

The one match I went too he was still out because of the concussion.

Also my coach retired and but was at the bar before hand and started trying to chat me and my friends (non wrestlers) up.

I fucking hated the guy, he had no business being a D1 coach lol.

I come upon this in my archive of classics.
A beautiful counter from Besik Kudukhov:

Back