2017 CFB Championship Games & Yoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ had a lot of talent around him so he doesn't get enough credit that guy was legit and I believe could be an NFL starter. He came within an eyelash of winning a playoff game against the Steelers if it wasn't for Cincy's defense committing horrible penalties on the last drive

Two of the best deep passes I've ever seen
ajbomb.gif

aj-mccarron-to-amari-cooper-for-99-yard-touchdown-against-auburn.gif

That was supposed to be the moment that the game was remembered for
<6>

Did McCarron ever win a game on his own? Cam willed them to that Iron Bowl win, on the road no less!

Did McCarron ever win a game on his own? Cam willed them to that Iron Bowl win, on the road no less!
Off the top of my head I would say the 2012 NC against LSU. He didn't throw a touchdown but Bama went with a heavy passing attack instead of relying on Trent/Lacy. He consistently was moving the chains, had no turnovers and racked over 200 passing yards on an insane defense. Then the rematch in Baton Rouge that November was another great AJ performance where he threw the winning TD to Yeldon with less than a minute to go. He went step for step with Manziel in College Station to avenge Bama's loss the year before. Threw over 300 yards and 4 TDs

Off the top of my head I would say the 2012 NC against LSU. He didn't throw a touchdown but Bama went with a heavy passing attack instead of relying on Trent/Lacy. He consistently was moving the chains, had no turnovers and racked over 200 passing yards on an insane defense. Then the rematch in Baton Rouge that November was another great AJ performance where he threw the winning TD to Yeldon with less than a minute to go. He went step for step with Manziel in College Station to avenge Bama's loss the year before. Threw over 300 yards and 4 TDs

mcccarronchesttat_original_original_original.jpg

Fair play to the Bama Boy for landing that hot ass chick tho

There were also some defensive blunders that helped Cam out in that game.

But you really can't compare many players to Cam. Maybe Tebow had that kind of charisma.

But you really can't compare many players to Cam. Maybe Tebow had that kind of charisma.

Tebow/Cam are transcendent players for their programs.

@Captain Davis

Your daughter comes from college with a dude with a chest tattoo piece very similar to Bama Boy. What are your thoughts?

Both Mannings. What about Stafford?

Or Heath Shuler!!

Stafford sucked in college though. The guy they had after him, Murray, was much better. Just too short and got killed in Georgia.

Connor Shaw was the only decent thing on offense at South Carolina after Lattimore got his leg amputated.

Antoine Carter single handily won that game. Bama was up 24 - 0 (?) and driving for 31-0. Everyone on Auburn had given up except for Antoine Carter. Probably the greatest effort play I've ever seen.

Antoine Carter single handily won that game. Bama was up 24 - 0 (?) and driving for 31-0. Everyone on Auburn had given up except for Antoine Carter. Probably the greatest effort play I've ever seen.
Yeah that was crazy. God wanted Auburn to win that year.

Should the criteria for making the HOF as a HC be harder?

...must have at least 10 years of head coaching experience, coached 100 games, and had at least a .600 winning percentage.

Yeah that was crazy. God wanted Auburn to win that year.

Meh - if Carter doesn't make that play, Alabama is going up 28-0 and on their way to a curb stomping. Carter is the only guy who didn't quit. That play not only turned the game but it picked up the entire team. That dude should have a fat pension for the rest of his life from Auburn.

I'm pretty happy with Chad Morris in Arkansas. I kind of kept my expectations low, with a new AD and everything. People talking about Gus and I just never got on that train.

Chad Morris though, I like that. This should turn into a fun offense to watch again and his guys are great recruiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back