2017 Christmas thread

Christmas light decorators GTFIH. What are you using to hold up your lights when not attached to gutters? screw/nail in clips or stick on clips or other? I still haven't put any lights yet and 5 houses after me all have decent outdoor lights and décor setup. I feel like a party pooper since all I got is a wreath on my door. I also have the biggest front yard so I have potential to put up a lot of Christmas décor on my front lawn.

Christmas light decorators GTFIH. What are you using to hold up your lights when not attached to gutters? screw/nail in clips or stick on clips or other? I still haven't put any lights yet and 5 houses after me all have decent outdoor lights and décor setup. I feel like a party pooper since all I got is a wreath on my door. I also have the biggest front yard so I have potential to put up a lot of Christmas décor on my front lawn.
Mine came with little clips .

don't forget the
malasada.jpg

Yep that's definitely on my list.

Talk anything christmas in here. Post pics of your trees, decorations, exc...

What do you want for Christmas? What are you giving your kids, nieces, nephews, wife or other relatives? What traditions do you have? What do you eat on CHristmas?

this year I have to work, plus all my family recently moved to the South in the last few years so even if I was off I wouldnt be doing anything. Probably just would of baked a ham, drank beer and watched its a wonderful life.. Growing up Christmas eve was my fav because we went to my grandmothers who got us the good gifts and could cook...

I like buying gifts. However I can't afford like my family can. Oh well.

Depends on what you have to attach them to.

Depends on what you have to attach them to.
Honestly I haven't even tried to plan it out yet. Ideally I want to avoid the stucco. I have so little free time to do unless I take a day off from work. I need to spend like an hour or so planning it out and go check out my neighbors lights in detail to see what they are doing. I may just keep it simple this year and just put lights around my garage door, front entrance doors, window and a few décor on the lawn. If I did that and maybe add a projector light that may be good enough for this year until I can better plan it out.

Ive already spent 4-5k in the last month and a half just on myself

Lg oled tv
Xbox one X
Braun series 9 razor
Dyson v8 absolute vacuum
Bluetooth headphones
Echo plus
Hue bulbs
Military backpack
Oven mitts
Rechargable batteries
Winter hat
Bike lock and pump
Lg G6 with case

Ive already spent 4-5k in the last month and a half just on myself

Lg oled tv
Xbox one X
Braun series 9 razor
Dyson v8 absolute vacuum
Bluetooth headphones
Echo plus
Hue bulbs
Military backpack
Oven mitts
Rechargable batteries
Winter hat
Bike lock and pump
Lg G6 with case
do you wrap it all?? glad oven mitts made the list.

Honestly I haven't even tried to plan it out yet. Ideally I want to avoid the stucco. I have so little free time to do unless I take a day off from work. I need to spend like an hour or so planning it out and go check out my neighbors lights in detail to see what they are doing. I may just keep it simple this year and just put lights around my garage door, front entrance doors, window and a few décor on the lawn. If I did that and maybe add a projector light that may be good enough for this year until I can better plan it out.
3M clips should work on the smooth surfaces, though I've never used them. I've stapled to wooden trim before, just have to be careful to not staple through the wires. The shape of my house makes mine simple, icicles hanging from the gutters, and I have 6 pillars across the front of the house I wrap with string lights. I just hang them from screws at the top.

Just bought this Christmas Cardigan for the premier of Star Wars tomorrow.

My body is ready.

do you wrap it all?? glad oven mitts made the list.

No I just buy it and use it right away. It really has nothing to do with christmas, I just always do most of my shopping this time of year because of the sales.

I havent even started shopping for people yet.

No I just buy it and use it right away. It really has nothing to do with christmas, I just always do most of my shopping this time of year because of the sales.

I havent even started shopping for people yet.
oh gotcha. I buy most of my presents on amazon.... in fact all but 2 I did. they wrap and mail it, why not. Hows the one X? I have a ps4 and switch...

3M clips should work on the smooth surfaces, though I've never used them. I've stapled to wooden trim before, just have to be careful to not staple through the wires. The shape of my house makes mine simple, icicles hanging from the gutters, and I have 6 pillars across the front of the house I wrap with string lights. I just hang them from screws at the top.

Nice. My home would be simple if I just man up and do both the second story and the first story, but my wife won't let me go up that high and to be honest I don't even know if I want to climb up that high. Looking at a photo of my house more though I think I can make it look fairly complete at the bottom if I stick to lights just along the gutters on the first story roof up front and to the side, put lights around the garage, front door and maybe pillars. I can also put lights indoor around the windows and I think it would look decent. Then I can buy some inflatables or something to put on the lawn area. I need to go hit up Home Depot or Lowes and pick up a few things. Wish my wife would let me spend like a grand and give me the entire weekend to work on it. I think it would look pretty good.

oh gotcha. I buy most of my presents on amazon.... in fact all but 2 I did. they wrap and mail it, why not. Hows the one X? I have a ps4 and switch...

I like it, some games look really good in 4k. still wish xbox had more games i was interested in. I also have a switch and like it as well. mario odyssey is a great game

Back