2017 Green Bay Packers thread. Do we have a defense? Hell no

So it's safe to say defense won't be a priority again in 2017?

Its always been a priority. Ted has been drafting for defense for years. He's just bad at it.

2016: 4 out of the first 5 picks were defense
2015: 3 out of the first 4 picks were defense
2014: 3 out of the first 5 picks were defense
2013: majority offense
2012: first 6 picks were defense

Even in 2013, which had quite a few offense picks, the first pick was defense. In the past 5 years, every first round pick has been defense. I don't think its a coincidence that the best draft the Packers had recently was in 2013, where Ted hit on a few offensive players.

Really wanted Watt....felt like he's the type of dude that will explode in the NFL.

Really wanted Watt....felt like he's the type of dude that will explode in the NFL.
Me too... just more reason to hate the Steelers

TO BE FAIR... TT got Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, AND Daniels all in the 4th.

ON A SIDE NOTE... this was Schaefter's on March 23:
Bears QB depth chart will be something like this: Mike Glennon, Mark Sanchez, David Fales, Connor Shaw. Hard to imagine them going QB early.

Fucking Burrs.

Did Mike Glennon go to 6 Pro Bowls and win a bunch of playoff games when I looked away? I really don't get the hate for the pick, minus hemorrhaging picks

Did Mike Glennon go to 6 Pro Bowls and win a bunch of playoff games when I looked away? I really don't get the hate for the pick, minus hemorrhaging picks
When you drop 14 mil a year on Glennon and probably another 6 on Sanchez while having lost Jeffrey, Forte, and Bennett in the last 2 years..... And you have two OTHER QBs behind the previously mentioned 2 do you need a 5th that doesn't even know what a hard count is?

I have to hope he fails bigtime now because if he's great it would be worse for the Packers than all of the teams that passed on Aaron Rogers.

Lol. Cook, mixon, lamp, and like 5 more dbs would have to be off the board for watt to make sense.

Lol. Cook, mixon, lamp, and like 5 more dbs would have to be off the board for watt to make sense.
I don't trust our DBs (Rollins and Randall) but have to consistently remind myself they were both essentially healthy bruises all year AND our pass rush was a fuckstick. All we have now is an aging seemingly falling apart Matthews, Perry who's season last year might have been an oddity... and Daniels. We were #8 against the run but I imagine bottom basement level against the pass. House back MIGHT help but even Woodson and Harris as corners wouldn't have been able to do much without a pass rush.

Kevin King, yup this was my pick. Like it! Glad Pack got him plus another pick.

I would love if Ted tried to move up again in the second (using the 2nd and a 4th) for Mixon.

As a Washingtonian that has been a huge WSU Cougar fan and such hates UW.... this is an excellent pick up. King and Baker have been the bane of my college football existence.

So, Seacocks didn't go OL with their first pick? Hope they enjoy seeing a hobbled Wilcan this year again.

It was either Jones or Perry but he picked them right too. Love or hate him but his pre draft breakdowns are top level stuff, has a lot of connections with scouts

I don't know much about King, sounds like a bit of a project but has the physical skill set already At least it's a need. Maybe a pass rusher or RB next

I wonder if this means Morgan Burnett is going to spend more time as an ILB.

Hyde's replacement? Burnett is playing a contract year, his successor? The guy is big and fast. Not sure how I feel. Neutral

I like the pick but it was risky to move down. The Seahawks were looking at King too. I don't know if the Packers knew of the trade between the Seahawks and 49ers before they traded down.

King is one of those guys that seems to have great awareness of his man and the ball. He probably would have liked to go to the Seahawks.

Back