2017 Green Bay Packers thread. Do we have a defense? Hell no

Sounds like GB is going to try and get their money back too. Fuck you Marty B.

It was fucking retarded. Packers had cap to bring cooks back. Bennet is a slightly better blocker. That's it. Bennett had character issues that Ted completely ignored and now he's been burned.
Lmao Cook didn't have character issues?! Dude, seriously, he was known as a quiter and a malcontent that literally would fight with teammates

Like, google Jared Cook Fight lol

Lmao I like how you're gonna go down with the ship. The Mart B signing was the correct move to make, it just didn't work out. A broke ass Mart B is barely worse than the trash we dealt with before Cook, and lo and behold, the other FA signing - Kendricks - can play. He's better than fuckin DickRod by miles

I like how Kendricks caught that Hail Mary!<Moves>

I'm trying to get people to see that free agency has as many if not more misses than hits. You either have players who want more money than the team they played for could pay or more than they wanted to pay. Many teams have tried to build through free agency and failed miserably at it. The Washington Redskins are the prime example. The Packers did have good success with Reggie White and Charles Woodson and a little less with Julius Peppers. In the long run though, they had to let those players go because the money was too steep. Aaron Rodgers counted over $20 million against the $168 million cap. 15 Matthews, 13 Cobb, 11 Nelson, 10 Daniels, 8 Bulaga, 7 Burnett, 6 Bakhtiari and 6 Perry so 95 million tied up in 9 players. $73 million to cover the other 44 players. About 1.6 million per player. Most free agents are going to want a lot more than that. T J Lang got 6 million. Sitton got 7 million. Bennet got over 3.

I see the Packers cut Bennet today. I wonder if he has been injured from the start.

I like how Kendricks caught that Hail Mary!<Moves>

I'm trying to get people to see that free agency has as many if not more misses than hits. You either have players who want more money than the team they played for could pay or more than they wanted to pay. Many teams have tried to build through free agency and failed miserably at it. The Washington Redskins are the prime example. The Packers did have good success with Reggie White and Charles Woodson and a little less with Julius Peppers. In the long run though, they had to let those players go because the money was too steep. Aaron Rodgers counted over $20 million against the $168 million cap. 15 Matthews, 13 Cobb, 11 Nelson, 10 Daniels, 8 Bulaga, 7 Burnett, 6 Bakhtiari and 6 Perry so 95 million tied up in 9 players. $73 million to cover the other 44 players. About 1.6 million per player. Most free agents are going to want a lot more than that. T J Lang got 6 million. Sitton got 7 million. Bennet got over 3.

I see the Packers cut Bennet today. I wonder if he has been injured from the start.
I get what you're saying but I wish they took more than just a glance at Barwin or Long. We needed defense and those guys were available and Long may be nearing the end of his career so he wouldn't be THAT pricey and look at how he's producing. Same with Barwin.

Imagine throwing one of them in there and the opposing line would then have to focus on THEM and either Matthews or Perry whichever is next to them opening up the other side where Daniels and the other OLB is.

Signing Bennet over resigning cooks was a stupid fucking move considering Rodgers and cook were building good chemistry.

But Bennett was a FREE AGENT he had to be better than any player already on the team.

But Bennett was a FREE AGENT he had to be better than any player already on the team.
Draft and develop works great... when you do it like the Pats and keep the guys you've developed.

Outside of Rajaas, Jordy, Cobb, Matthews, Perry, and our two OTs... we seem to let a ton of our drafted guys walk.

I'll admit we keep guys and hindsight is 20/20 but the Hayward walk still gets to me. Especially with Shields being forced to retire due to the concussions.

Last edited:
Know something that is still eating me about Monday Night. We didn't see Aaron Jones like AT ALL after that block he basically missed in the first quarter. I know coaches will never admit it but I hate the posturing involved in it (like when Tomlin basically benched Bell at the beginning of the year).

THE DUDE IS GETTING LIKE 5 YARDS A CARRY. Fucking ride him a bit for shit sake.

I know he lost yards on receptions but what do you want him to do when he runs a flat up to the LOS and then Hundley throws BEHIND that forcing him to jump back two yards to the ball adding in that Hundley is throwing goddamn changeup/ducks to his receivers. As soon as Jones touched the ball he was being fucking tackled.

Lmao Cook didn't have character issues?! Dude, seriously, he was known as a quiter and a malcontent that literally would fight with teammates

Like, google Jared Cook Fight lol

But Cook was a much better fit. GB needed a TE that could stretch the seam and get open.

Marty was never a great pass catching fit, bc Aaron only throws to open guys.

But yeah, Cook had far worse character issues than Marty. He literally shoved his own qb after HE dropped a td.

Know something that is still eating me about Monday Night. We didn't see Aaron Jones like AT ALL after that block he basically missed in the first quarter. I know coaches will never admit it but I hate the posturing involved in it (like when Tomlin basically benched Bell at the beginning of the year).

I know he lost yards on receptions but what do you want him to do when he runs a flat up to the LOS and then Hundley throws BEHIND that forcing him to jump back two yards to the ball adding in that Hundley is throwing goddamn changeup/ducks to his receivers. As soon as Jones touched the ball he was being fucking tackled.
mcarthys philosophy is fascinating ain't it.

He wasn't getting shit for yards Monday night. Maybe the Lions were keying on him. They forced the Packers to pass. Jones hasn't learned to pass block.

Jones averaged 2.4 on 5 carries while Montgomery averaged 6.6 on 5 carries. The game was pretty much over when Montgomery got his yards.

Kinda sad Marty just up and quit on the team because Rodgers got hurt.

Not gonna lie this is something I asked myself when I saw that retirement rumor a few weeks back. It's your life and football is dangerous so I don't blame anyone for it, but would he have said this if they were winning games?

Looking at his Bears/Patriots tenure its clear hes a frontrunner, but I didn't think it'd be an issue because GB were likely a double digit win team coming into the season

I don't want anyone on this team who either sucks or doesn't want to put in the effort when things are bad now

Draft and develop works great... when you do it like the Pats and keep the guys you've developed.

Outside of Rajaas, Jordy, Cobb, Matthews, Perry, and our two OTs... we seem to let a ton of our drafted guys walk.

I'll admit we keep guys and hindsight is 20/20 but the Hayward walk still gets to me. Especially with Shields being forced to retire due to the concussions.

The problems come when a team is good at drafting and developing. Other teams are willing to pay the good players more money so your good players get better offers from other teams. A team can't pay 22 starters even 5 million each and have a 53 man roster. Micah Hyde got $14 million guaranteed money and counts $4 million against the cap. You have to draft, get your 4 years and let them go.

He wasn't getting shit for yards Monday night. Maybe the Lions were keying on him. They forced the Packers to pass. Jones hasn't learned to pass block.

Jones averaged 2.4 on 5 carries while Montgomery averaged 6.6 on 5 carries. The game was pretty much over when Montgomery got his yards.
True and I guess the run game was moot as soon as we went down two scores.

Lmao I like how you're gonna go down with the ship. The Mart B signing was the correct move to make, it just didn't work out. A broke ass Mart B is barely worse than the trash we dealt with before Cook, and lo and behold, the other FA signing - Kendricks - can play. He's better than fuckin DickRod by miles

Yeah love the revisionist history itt. Nobody thought it was bad at the time. TE was one of the weakest positions and he went and signed two of them after Cook wanted more money. You can blame Ted for some things but not that

Yeah love the revisionist history itt. Nobody thought it was bad at the time. TE was one of the weakest positions and he went and signed two of them after Cook wanted more money. You can blame Ted for some things but not that
I'm not blaming Ted for the Marty shit. I'm blaming Marty or the Marty shit.

Just annoyed we didn't take more of a chance on Barwin or even talk to Long given how they're working out on their new teams this year.

At least we fucked the Pats out of a comp pick with cutting Marty.

EDIT:
It's probably because of my best friend being a Pat fan but I am so amazed how they are able to consistently draft talent, find guys late, and sign Free Agents at the perfect time and let them leave when they should for the most part.

The Packers might have too much of a team=family mindset where the Patriots are all business.

The Packers might have too much of a team=family mindset where the Patriots are all business.

Yup always keeping the status quo,and always promoting from within, which is I believe if capers is actually let go,they will promote from within and keep the same scheme

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back