2017 Milb thread

Patrick Weigel promoted to Gwinnett. Notables Ronald Acuna and Luiz Gohara promoted to Mississippi. Acuna already mashing.

I'm not basing this on his slow start , but does anyone else think Dansby was way overhyped to be the #3 prospect in baseball?

My boy Christian Arroyo is left off some too 100 lists, and I think he is the better player

I'm not basing this on his slow start , but does anyone else think Dansby was way overhyped to be the #3 prospect in baseball?

My boy Christian Arroyo is left off some too 100 lists, and I think he is the better player
I don't think Swanson was overhyped honestly. I think his slow start will be just that, just a slow start. I don't think anyone ever though he'd be elite but it's still hard to imagine that he won't be a solid hitter and plus fielder. I don't think it's fair to give up on him yet.

BTW, BA amended their top 100 list today...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/top-100-prospects-updated-may-11/#y2QgFJx9cBhtGwHe.97

I don't think Swanson was overhyped honestly. I think his slow start will be just that, just a slow start. I don't think anyone ever though he'd be elite but it's still hard to imagine that he won't be a solid hitter and plus fielder. I don't think it's fair to give up on him yet.

BTW, BA amended their top 100 list today...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/top-100-prospects-updated-may-11/#y2QgFJx9cBhtGwHe.97
Just didn't show too much power is my knock on him. Hit tool and defense.

So anyone know anything about this Juan Yepez kid?

Gonna look him up, but figured i would ask.

@RR @TeTe
@TidalWave89

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan honestly.

Well, shit. I know they didnt use Adams, but was hoping he would be something decent at least.

Willie Calhoun is on absolute fire lately. Not sure what the Dodgers are going to do with him. Already have 2 very good 2nd basemen in Forsythe and Taylor and Calhoun sucks in the field.

Hes probably a trade chip

Well, shit. I know they didnt use Adams, but was hoping he would be something decent at least.

He's still young and is a big kid so maybe his power rounds out but I don't see it

He's still young and is a big kid so maybe his power rounds out but I don't see it

When reading up on him i seen he was a 1b, but been playing 3b this season. His defense worth a damn?

If his power comes around i will be good with it.

When reading up on him i seen he was a 1b, but been playing 3b this season. His defense worth a damn?

If his power comes around i will be good with it.

I think he will be ok there. Hit tool is what the concern is

I think he will be ok there. Hit tool is what the concern is

Hopefully the Cards minors can get him ready. Appreciate the info.

Gleyber Torres already up to AAA after murdering AA. Dude seems to be legit

Gleyber Torres already up to AAA after murdering AA. Dude seems to be legit
The youth movement is here for the Yankees. Clint Frazier homered in his third straight game tonight.

In other new, Brendan Rodgers is mashing in Lancaster. Top five prospect potential after this season.

The youth movement is here for the Yankees. Clint Frazier homered in his third straight game tonight.

In other new, Brendan Rodgers is mashing in Lancaster. Top five prospect potential after this season.
Do you know anything about our pitcher prospects? Need one of those guys to work out

Sox 2014 1st round pick Michael Chavis is raking in Salem this year, hitting .361/.439/.701 with 11 HR's. Was hampered by injury issues last year, but seems to be breaking out now. Still doesn't really have a position, which is probably the reason why hes not in Double A yet.

Sox 2014 1st round pick Michael Chavis is raking in Salem this year, hitting .361/.439/.701 with 11 HR's. Was hampered by injury issues last year, but seems to be breaking out now. Still doesn't really have a position, which is probably the reason why hes not in Double A yet.
I saw he hit his 12th HR today.. off Triston McKenzie none the less.

Do you know anything about our pitcher prospects? Need one of those guys to work out
Not really.. Unfortunately when James Kaprielian went down, things were looking no Bueno.

But I know what you mean, the Cubs system has been lackluster in regards to pitchers for a while.

Problem for him is they have Arenado, Story, and DJL. Adames is a decent back up as well. Good problem to have. They just need a legit 1b, and that infield is nasty.

Kyle Tucker promoted to AA Corpus Christi @RR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back