2017 PotWR Round 4: The General Election

PotWR General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think this is where the revolution ends?

giphy.webp

keep trying to kick that football, charlie.

tenor.gif

You're an older person though(no offense). I'm fairly young so my peers feel very strongly about a lot of things and usually post about controversial topics which can get heated quickly.

I don't think we're more than five years apart, are we?

I try to discuss politics on Facebook but increasingly I see that as a mistake. When you know someone or know of them through a friend, it makes the discussion a lot less productive. Plus the format isn't really conducive to productive discussions like this place is where I can like articles and videos and whatnot far more easily and in a more organized fashion. I've come to realize that its better to make friends through political discussions than to talk politics with friends.

You gotta talk politics face to face with people you know, and develop the patience of a saint.

He thinks your avatar is you ...
I do have a habit of associating my mental image of people with their avatar, especially if they're consistent with it like he is.

But I know he's not that old, I'm basing that off some of the things he's said about his life and his join date.
You gotta talk politics face to face with people you know, and develop the patience of a saint.
Even that mostly doesn't work with many of my friends. A lot of them just don't give much of a shit about politics, we relate based on shared interests in other things. I have a long distance friend that I talk most of my politics with. Mashallah, I don't how I'd scratch my politics itch without him and the WR. He's an interesting character, I think he'd fit right in well here but he doesn't care about MMA nor does he seem the type to frequent a forum like this.

I do have a habit of associating my mental image of people with their avatar, especially if they're consistent with it like he is.

But I know he's not that old, I'm basing that off some of the things he's said about his life and his join date.

Even that mostly doesn't work with many of my friends. A lot of them just don't give much of a shit about politics, we relate based on shared interests in other things. I have a long distance friend that I talk most of my politics with. Mashallah, I don't how I'd scratch my politics itch without him and the WR. He's an interesting character, I think he'd fit right in well here but he doesn't care about MMA nor does he seem the type to frequent a forum like this.

I've preached enough over the years, that most of my friends have developed varying levels of interest in politics. Lost some friends over my insisntance of discussion as well.

I don't view it as a loss.

I've preached enough over the years, that most of my friends have developed varying levels of interest in politics. Lost some friends over my insisntance of discussion as well.

I don't view it as a loss.
One of my closest friends developed an interest in politics during the course of the 2016 election and nowadays if he wants to talk politics he comes to me. However, despite my bad habit of bringing it up all the time I always regret trying to force political talk on my friends. Some people don't want to expend the cognitive energy required to be informed and I understand that. We've all got our own priorities and interests and whatnot, so I don't begrudge people who avoid politics.

If I lost some of these friends over politics I would consider it a loss. As I said I relate to some of them over other shared interests and I think those are important to me as well, if only for blowing off steam.

This is not gross. Your progressive way of thinking is what's gross. Posting that shit makes you look like a cuck.

Completely fixated on black and white.
You're still here? You do know the minute you type words like "cuck" anything else you say gets lumped into the

"He went full retard" pile

Well this is about as grounded in reality as a typical trump speech. Fact is Irish had the numbers and a hug advantage, we just turned out the vote.

During the race the only way to predict a victory for us was by showing participation rates that were multiples better than Irish’s.

And this is not a dis to Irish, hats of on a good contest. I don’t know what he and his team did or did not do, if it was organization or apathy, but I do know the playing field was against us and we overcame it.
I am sure work kept @irish_thug quite busy more than he would have liked.

Also, I know irish wanted to try to bring unity to the wr by running a campaign that lead by example and did not descend into minute to minute mudslinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back