Not open for further replies.
Or maybe yours.
ahhhh

the

"no u"

reply........

i see you put alot of effort into that one so i will let you have it

giphy.gif

100% this. Better to have someone get mad at your point of view here than someone you actually know. Usually people here get the basics of differing opinions and somewhat not bringing emotions into it. I'm stunned at how pointless some of the fb conversations I've seen can be. Just mostly is then saying they disagree back and forth and they don't know if they can't be friends anymore or stupid shit like that. Completely toxic and childish.

I lost a few people i thought were friends over the course of the last election..

in reality i think it just made me finally realize they were touched in the head a bit and not worth my time... I do think social media is a double edged blade... Its hard to dial back a friendship after seeing some of the things people i know posted that i personally found reprehensible (veiled racist remarks nonsense etc) I think its more that these people were "facebook acquaintances" posts i liked and or shared funny lighthearted stuff with and then when all i saw was memes the type that cint and silica post daily in the meme thread i choose to remove said people from my life... Its kinda hard when your "friend" is posting pics of michelle obama being a man or hillary supports rapists etc nonsense...

In all fairness, he may have thought he was logged into one of his many other gimmicks.
homer was just joking ... i was actually ineligible to vote but you keep trying pal... someday you will say something of merit..

PS i have one account this one... i merely name changed from Peloquin...

homer was just joking ... i was actually ineligible to vote but you keep trying pal... someday you will say something of merit..

PS i have one account this one... i merely name changed from Peloquin...
See what I get for being a nice guy?

Congrats @HomerThompson. Things looked bleak in the beginning but you pulled out a clutch victory.

Blessed be the hotdogs which fall upon your face.

I try to discuss politics on Facebook but increasingly I see that as a mistake. When you know someone or know of them through a friend, it makes the discussion a lot less productive. Plus the format isn't really conducive to productive discussions like this place is where I can like articles and videos and whatnot far more easily and in a more organized fashion. I've come to realize that its better to make friends through political discussions than to talk politics with friends.

Yeah unless someone says something really dumb (and even then), I stay away from politics on FB, most of the time. People know where I stand but the people that constantly loudspeaker politics from their FB page are annoying IMO. It turns toxic quick on FB.

Congrats Homer! Looks like sanity won.

Respect to Irish, he ran a solid campaign.

Yeah unless someone says something really dumb (and even then), I stay away from politics on FB, most of the time. People know where I stand but the people that constantly loudspeaker politics from their FB page are annoying IMO. It turns toxic quick on FB.
Too often I can't resist my contrarian instinct and start shit I really shouldn't

You're still here? You do know the minute you type words like "cuck" anything else you say gets lumped into the

"He went full retard" pile

I'm always going to be here to remind you how wrong you are.

You're right it's a stupid word but unfortunately for you it perfectly describes your behavior.

Thanks everyone for participating. This thread will now be locked. End of the Year Awards begin soon with host @Limbo Pete and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back