2017 SF 49ers : New Regime

Lmao Walter Cherbinsky's write up of the CJ pick is kind of hilarious. The guy had him going to the redskins in the 3rd a couple of weeks ago but dropped him into the 5th and felt the need to bash the pick.

"This pick reminds me so much of the Browns taking Cody Kessler last year. Kessler was a late-round prospect who was chosen in the third frame for some reason. The same happened with C.J. Beathard, whom I had in the Round 5-7 range. Making matters worse, the 49ers traded up for him! Why in the world would they do that!? Beathard has accuracy issues and miserable pocket awareness, and he just doesn't look like anything more than an average backup in the NFL."

C-mGyplUAAAuHiv.jpg:large

I'm really pumped for this pick

I always thought the Fournette rumors were dumb because he doesn't fit the Shanny mold at RB at all. Today we get 2 RBs that perfectly fit what he has done, we are definitely picking for our scheme //beliefs

Kittle - Move TE // Good and willing blocker. Another guy that looks to fit Kyle's scheme, a lot of these picks are pretty predictable.

Seeing a lot of sexy film of Kittle on twitter. Love this pick

He probably won't be the same blocker in the NFL because of his size, but he has a bunch of clips over driving a guy 10 yards down field before planting him into the ground in college.

Call me overly optimistic, but I really think our top 3 picks + Kittle contribute right away.

Call me overly optimistic, but I really think our top 3 picks + Kittle contribute right away.
Im interested in seeing what Williams can do too. Dudes a freak and we can dump Mike Davis' garbage ass

This is gon' be good!

I keep reading about them moving Ward to FS. Does that mean they are moving Reid over to SS?

This is gon' be good!

I keep reading about them moving Ward to FS. Does that mean they are moving Reid over to SS?
Yes which is the right move iMO. He looked terrible trying to play 1 deep in Mangini's system (not blaming him, he just isn't capable of it). He's better near the box if his body can hold up, otherwise Tartt can get a shot.

Yea lot of people have been saying Reid should move to SS since his second year. Like this move but its probably time to move on unless he balls out

I'm sure he will have a better showing at SS (pending his health). I am pretty excited for how the defense will look come September. Our offense, not so much. I believe in Shanahan though. Though, i also had a ton of faith in Chip last year lol

I say we will have similarities to ATL's defense. and not just because of the scheme. Pretty terrible to start the year, but picked it up in the second half. WE have a ton of kids just like they started this year, and it takes time for them to figure the league out ++ the scheme they are playing. I am excited for the one gap simpler defense, everyone should look better as a pass rusher. Bucker already said he is excited to attack, vs Holding onto a block for a few seconds and figuring out where he needs to go.

If we are in the low 20s in offense this year, that is a successful season for this group.

I'm actually really hyped about the team this year minus the QB situation..

I've been reading a lot of articles and i am pretty juiced about Reuben Foster. With him and Bow, we might see a resurgence of the defense along with a young, stout Seattle like line.

I'm pretty fearful of Smith not playing this year. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it would be a bummer

First game of the preseason gents:

Looking for Solomon and Reuben to get some quality PT tonight

Hopefully Beathard and Joe Williams gets some time as well

So, so happy that piece of Krap is gone. I stopped watching/supporting anything to do with the 49ers because of him. This season though I'm gonna start following them again like I used to....ie never missing a game & spending my money on them.

I'm excited for this season but I'm not expecting much.

Back