2017 SF 49ers : New Regime

preseason is really meaningless...
but damn the niners look like a 4-12 team already

preseason is really meaningless...
but damn the niners look like a 4-12 team already

Eh, maybe at least we'll get some valuable draft picks from it.

I'm just not confident they'll use them wisely.

well, they managed a win for what it's worth after all.
morale maybe.
let's call it a 'work in progress'.

Eh, maybe at least we'll get some valuable draft picks from it.

I'm just not confident they'll use them wisely.
You must have missed Jon Lynch having a great draft during your morale boycott or whatever

2-14 team last year. If only Kap were as brave as you. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Gonna be another tough year. I don't like our defensive interior. Seemed to be pushed around too easily yet again.

Gonna be another tough year. I don't like our defensive interior. Seemed to be pushed around too easily yet again.
Strength of our defense /team IMO. I think everyone belongs on the inside but are being pushed to the ends because of depth (Arik-Thomas). Solomon straight destroyed a guard when they slid him inside. + Bowman/Foster being our better players

Strength of our defense /team IMO. I think everyone belongs on the inside but are being pushed to the ends because of depth (Arik-Thomas). Solomon straight destroyed a guard when they slid him inside. + Bowman/Foster being our better players
That's what I mean. It should be the strength of the D as it was in the Harbaugh era and on paper it looks good but Buckner and Arik gotta produce this year. I think Foster will be a stud but it might take him a year to really hit the level he's capable of. Thomas looks really good already with a lot of room to grow since he hasn't had much time to integrate himself to the team/league. Our run defense should be much better this year but I still worry about the Pass D. Alexi Smith marched it down on us the first drive. ugh.

Secondary is a flaming trash can, especially if our CB#1 is going to get picked on like that. Chiefs had 31 yards rushing, which is like 200 less then we gave up per game last year

Saw the first couple of defensive series, and Foster looked great! Thomas was firing out low and hard and driving his man deep into the backfield. Some great draft picks this year, but man is that roster depleted from what it was when they were the top 1-2 teams in the league under Harbaugh.

The team is going to be crap but the future is still fairly bright. The young guys showed a ton of flashes out there. Shanny said Rashard Robinson's mistakes are easily correctable and he still wound up with a pick. Solomon looked good out there. Foster already showed flashes out there and he doesn't even look 100% yet. The young RB's look promising. I was pleased with what I saw out of Beathard. He showed us a good amount of potential there. I believe I read he may be taking more snaps from Barkley this week. I personally think Armstead is going to be a massive bust. He's that guy that you hear about dominating practice and training camp but in the game he gets pushed around like he's 50lbs lighter.

Needs in the offseason are going to be QB, OL, CB and interior DL.

The niners drafted the same position in the first round 3 years running so you would hope that either the run defense or pass rush would finally show up. Were Buckner and Thomas inside on our new look 4-3?

The niners drafted the same position in the first round 3 years running so you would hope that either the run defense or pass rush would finally show up. Were Buckner and Thomas inside on our new look 4-3?
Thomas played mostly on the outside, he made plays from the inside and outside though. I still prefer him sliding inside on passing downs. Arik was pretty invisible and I don't think he is ever going to fit at LEO. Aaron Lynch is still the best pure edge rusher on the team and they have him sitting on the 3rd string. He had 2 sacks when he came into the game with Solomon Thomas on the inside of his side.

Lynch - Thomas - Buckner - Dummervil with Arik getting snaps at every position to keep the lines moving on passing downs has so much potential

Hey, it's better to bottom out for a few years some times. Vs going 6-10/7-9 every season
The day we fired Harbaugh was the day we decided to tank for a half decade.

Hopefully Aaron Lynch can stay in shape. I remember coming off of his suspension last year, it looked like he was trying to compete for a starting NT spot

Thomas played mostly on the outside, he made plays from the inside and outside though. I still prefer him sliding inside on passing downs. Arik was pretty invisible and I don't think he is ever going to fit at LEO. Aaron Lynch is still the best pure edge rusher on the team and they have him sitting on the 3rd string. He had 2 sacks when he came into the game with Solomon Thomas on the inside of his side.

Lynch - Thomas - Buckner - Dummervil with Arik getting snaps at every position to keep the lines moving on passing downs has so much potential
Our run defense couldn't possibly be worse than it was last season. But if this is how our front 4 looks, this means there is no room for the NT we have? We have signed Earl Mitchell and have Quinton Dial so I figure one of them is at DT

Our run defense couldn't possibly be worse than it was last season. But if this is how our front 4 looks, this means there is no room for the NT we have? We have signed Earl Mitchell and have Quinton Dial so I figure one of them is at DT
Yea I was talking strictly passing downs. Earl Mitchell has a the base NT/DT spot

Back