2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not a fan of this deal. Way too much money.

Damn I really liked Cutch. He had some strange times when he was kinda wonky in the outfield, but, dude had some cool plate discipline and could reach balls I expected to be way out of the zone

I thought he was getting towards washed up but he's definitely not. Super fun to watch

"Multiple sources are reporting the Rangers have agreed to terms with veteran right-hander Lance Lynn to help shore up their rotation. Lynn failed to get a multi-year contract last winter as a free agent, Lynn converted his 10-10 season with a 4.77 ERA pitching for the Twins and Yankees into a three-year deal for $30 million heading into his age-32 season."

<{walkerwhut}>

Is the Heisman winner who's supposed to show up to Oakland A's spring training any good at baseball?

I’d love to see Kimbrel back in the ATL, but seriously LMAO at those contract demands.

Is the Heisman winner who's supposed to show up to Oakland A's spring training any good at baseball?
Here’s a scouting report on Murray from MLB Pipeline:

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 70 | Arm: 40 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50

The best athlete in the 2015 Draft, Murray drew first-round interest from several clubs but opted out of the process because he was also the nation’s top-rated dual threat quarterback prospect and wanted to play football and baseball at Texas A&M. Despite playing regularly as a freshman for the Aggies, he opted to transfer to Oklahoma, where he had to sit out 2016 before backing up Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield last fall. After looking overmatched at the plate in his return to baseball with the Sooners last spring and in the Cape Cod League last summer, he has shown dramatic improvement as a redshirt sophomore.

Though he continues to juggle two sports and has lost a lot of at-bats while doing so, Murray has made impressive adjustments at the plate. He’s making better contact and no longer is easy prey for breaking balls, doing a better job of recognizing them and not chasing them off the plate. He has the plus-plus speed to create havoc on the bases and the bat speed and strength to produce average power.

The son of former Texas A&M quarterback and Brewers farmhand Kevin Murray and the nephew of two-time first-rounder and five-year big leaguer Calvin Murray, Kyler still needs to reduce his strikeouts further and is a work in progress defensively. He’s learning reads and routes but has the quickness to outrun his mistakes and eventually could become at least a solid center fielder. His arm has regressed on the diamond and currently plays below average.

With his tools and the surprising progress he has made in 2018, Murray once again is in position to command a multimillion-dollar bonus. However, it may be virtually impossible to get him to give up football when he’s a leading contender to helm one of college football’s top offenses. He’ll turn 21 shortly after the Draft and needs to get going with his baseball career if that’s going to be his future.

On the MLB Network broadcast, Harold Reynolds cited Murray as his top prospect in the entire draft.

Read more:https://www.athleticsnation.com/201...-murray-first-round-pick-oklahoma-quarterback

Lmao ESAL Kimbrel

This is like Bitchtista thinking he’d get 5/150.
Glad the Sox showed no interest in bringing him back for multiple years.

Hate losing Joe Kelly, he’ll probably turn into an elite BP arm in the NL.

FA deals seem to be back up after everyone signing for clearance prices last year. Hopefully some small market teams give up solid prospects for the Giants few trade pieces - relief arms

It seems like the beat writers for the Braves literally have no idea what’s going on since AA took over as GM. Any Jays fans out there that can say if it was like this when AA was there?

you have a source? if they get him they have to go and get kluber as well
Was on Twitter. Said internal sources believe they have a groundwork. But can’t find a real reporter stating the same.

Was on Twitter. Said internal sources believe they have a groundwork. But can’t find a real reporter stating the same.
I heard they told him they would do a 5 or 6 year deal. Seems like Harper isn't going to get a ten year deal that everyone was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back