2018 CFB Championship Week SEC SEC SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forget they beat FSU week1 that was ranked #2 before their QB got hurt
FSU got beat by every decent team they faced this year, including getting wrecked by BC, Alabama and Clemson. I just don't buy that a sophomore makes a 6 loss team into a 1 loss team. 3 or 4 loss at best. Maybe they beat NC St. and Louisville.

And preseason rankings are exactly the problem. It's garbage getting a 'quality win' against a team that has proven nothing. They shouldn't even have rankings until halfway through the season.

Maybe they should have had a chance but not screwed. Play in a better conference
The AAC went 4-3 in bowl games, with wins against the Big 12, ACC and SEC. And half of UCF's wins were against bowl eligible teams (more than half after beating Auburn). They also completely destroyed teams all season. They didn't have a single win by less than a TD and 8 of their wins were by 25+

Last edited:
Dammit you are right and correct sir!...the Big East died and a lot of people thought it didn't merit a place in the BCS but they were in the loop.
Yep, that's when West Virginia was #2 and lost to Pitt at the end of the season.

Right, a 4-8 basketball school. How come they didn't reschedule 5-6 GT? FSU made their game up.
They're in the B1G, which is a power 5 conference. So you can stop claiming they didn't play any. They also went on to beat the SEC team that has beaten both teams in the National Championship.

FSU had fewer games to make up. UCF had several because of how the schedule had gone. And they made sure to reschedule the toughest game that had to be postponed.

They're in the B1G, which is a power 5 conference. So you can stop claiming they didn't play any. They also went on to beat the SEC team that has beaten both teams in the National Championship.

FSU had fewer games to make up. UCF had several because of how the schedule had gone. And they made sure to reschedule the toughest game that had to be postponed.
Then they should've rescheduled like FSU did. You ignore Alabama's win over #1 Clemson while praising UCF's win over #7 Auburn. Can't have it both ways.

Then they should've rescheduled like FSU did. You ignore Alabama's win over #1 Clemson while praising UCF's win over #7 Auburn. Can't have it both ways.
They lost 2 games to the hurricane. FSU lost 1, to LA-Monroe. Big balls on FSU rescheduling that gimme just so they could get above .500. UCF had to cancel a gimme win against Maine just to get (ranked) Memphis rescheduled and blew them out by 33 points. But yeah, they were ducking GT. Lol.

I brought up the Auburn win because it was a Power 5 team that you were saying they were untested against. They played 2 and beat them both. Alabama lost and lost late in the season which always hurts teams more. UCF didn't lose at all and had more wins over teams that ended up ranked than Alabama did too.

Last edited:
FSU got beat by every decent team they faced this year, including getting wrecked by BC, Alabama and Clemson. I just don't buy that a sophomore makes a 6 loss team into a 1 loss team. 3 or 4 loss at best. Maybe they beat NC St. and Louisville.

And preseason rankings are exactly the problem. It's garbage getting a 'quality win' against a team that has proven nothing. They shouldn't even have rankings until halfway through the season.

The AAC went 4-3 in bowl games, with wins against the Big 12, ACC and SEC. And half of UCF's wins were against bowl eligible teams (more than half after beating Auburn). They also completely destroyed teams all season. They didn't have a single win by less than a TD and 8 of their wins were by 25+
Losing your QB no big deal

They lost 6 games. Nobody was turning that into a great team. Preseason rankings were just wrong as they always are.
As a freshman threw for 3350 yrds and 20 tds you act like losing him had nothing to do with it

The went 10-3 that year

You don’t think they would have been better or just as good if he was healthy

He stays healthy and fsu is good it makes that bama win all the much better

Do you people even watch CFB

The AP? Bama over UCF.
The Coaches? Bama over UCF.
The 6 computers that were part of the BCS? Bama (and other programs) over UCF.
The numbers don't lie, and they spell DISASTER for you, @BKMMAFAN.

steinermath.jpeg

According to this, there's at least 3 models that had UCF making the playoffs.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/foot2017/bcsLike/bcsLike14.html

As a freshman threw for 3350 yrds and 20 tds you act like losing him had nothing to do with it

The went 10-3 that year

You don’t think they would have been better or just as good if he was healthy

He stays healthy and fsu is good it makes that bama win all the much better

Do you people even watch CFB
I said they'd be a 3 or 4 loss team with him. Considering they had Bama on their schedule this year, I lean 4. Think they still lose the 3 games they got blown out in (the one to Bama is obvious since he played like a can before getting hurt) and Miami is a toss up.

And no, I don't. Lol.

I said with him they'd be a 3 or 4 loss team with him. Considering they had Bama on their schedule this year, I lean 4. Think they still lose the 3 games they got blown out in (the one to Bama is obvious since he played like a can before getting hurt) and Miami is a toss up.

And no, I don't. Lol.
2 loss at most

That’s what the committee considered

Since everybody wants to live in the moment is their a team that could have beat bama yesterday??????????

No

I agree with the assessment that FSU is a better team with Francois. Hell, FSU probably wins the Atlantic. Would've been fun to watch. And, yes, they probably beat Miami.

They lost 2 games to the hurricane. FSU lost 1, to LA-Monroe. Big balls on FSU rescheduling that gimme just so they could get above .500. UCF had to cancel a gimme win against Maine just to get (ranked) Memphis rescheduled and blew them out by 33 points. But yeah, they were ducking GT. Lol.

I brought up the Auburn win because it was a Power 5 team that you were saying they were untested against. They played 2 and beat them both. Alabama lost and lost late in the season which always hurts teams more. UCF didn't lose at all and had more wins over teams that ended up ranked than Alabama did too.
Can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back