2018 CFB Discussion: Playoffs or bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun Bowl baby! That's two out of the last 3 years :/

I'm looking at these match ups for the SEC and there are a bunch of games they could easily lose.

Wonder if she's going to the orange bowl?

Beau.gif

As a ND fan I kinda like that pretty much everybody on earth seems to think they gonna get demolished.

Pinstripe Bowl...against Wisconsin...just give them the trophy now.

She’s in my heart every game day.

I wonder if the NCAA keeps a black book of fans banned from stadiums? The Toronto police have a database (or at least used to when I still lived in Toronto) for grandparents banned from hockey arenas.

What makes you think they won’t?
LOL I hope you don't expect a logical response...But as a almost 30 year fan I've learned a loooong time ago that they perform better when not expected to.

Also...I'm sure you of all people have noticed that Clemson ain't Bama.

What makes you think they won’t?
For that matter though maybe you can explain why Clemson demolishes them. Trust me, I'm used to being embarrassingly disappointed by ND. If I could just lose hope 100% the holiday season will probably be more enjoyable.

It’s not laughable at all. Both of Georgia’s losses were to Top 10 teams. One in the championship game that they owned until the end.

OSU got punked by freaking Perdue. Then beat a laughable conference championship opponent. I wouldn’t be surprised to see OSU ranked ahead of Georgia, but the comparison is far from laughable.

idk but maybe its my bias but a team who has two losses shouldnt be in ahead of a 1-loss conference championship.

oh well rose bowl is a good consoluation got the email to buy my staff ticket for $180 lmao

It’s not laughable at all. Both of Georgia’s losses were to Top 10 teams. One in the championship game that they owned until the end.

OSU got punked by freaking Perdue. Then beat a laughable conference championship opponent. I wouldn’t be surprised to see OSU ranked ahead of Georgia, but the comparison is far from laughable.

A 2 loss non-conference champ in front of a 1 loss conference champ is actually pretty laughable . . . not surprising in this day and age, but yes . . . laughable.

Not sure any other team would've been given that benefit if they're outside the SEC.

This is why they need to expand to 8 teams.

idk but maybe its my bias but a team who has two losses shouldnt be in ahead of a 1-loss conference championship.

Ya think?

oh well rose bowl is a good consoluation got the email to buy my staff ticket for $180 lmao

THe face value of the UMich - Pedo state game i went to in early november was $145.

1988 was a good year for Votre Dame :/

1993 as well.
maaannn...I had to purposely put "almost" in there because a random loss to Stanford is my earliest clear memory. Not gonna wiki, but probably closer to 26 or 27 years. Unfortunately I remember enough about '93 to remember Lou Holtz press conference after the florida state win...saying as far as he is concerned BC is the number one team because they had to play them last<DCrying>

maaannn...I had to purposely put "almost" in there because a random loss to Stanford is my earliest clear memory.

Unfortunately I remember enough about '93 to remember Lou Holtz press conference after the florida state win...saying as far as he is

REmember watching the game with my roommates in University. We were incredulous.

And later that season ...

William Floyd fumbled!

and then against BC they get demolished early only to take I think the lead on a last minute TD and 2pt.

And then jesus left the building and bC went right down and kicked a game winning field goal.

I guess jesus left and became a drunk hobo in that last minute, havent seen him since

They should really stfu. However, I’d love to see them make the playoff once just to shut them up.

Indeed. They need to schedule Purdue in order to get smoked. Seems like the "blue bloods" are able to get serious consideration despite getting demolished by bad teams. It's as if Clemson also played a great schedule (a laughable claim, but one always used against UCF, both beat Pitt with ease).

Bottom line is that college football's playoff system is a complete joke. It literally bars over half of its representative teams from even being considered for the playoff system. The games for the majority of its teams do not matter. That you hope they'd make it just to 'shut them up' shows you care more for a flawed system based upon inherent unfairness than allowing equal access to a supposed open playoff system.

Sad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back