2018 Fedor vs 2018 Romero

Comments here are both ignorant and delusional. Prime Fedor armbars yoel and ktfo's whittaker.
Right now it is a 50-50, he still is a heavyweight.

lolz @ "japanese bums" = just tk. and a "fight" that was like 3 seconds and zero legal strikes. hahaha.

What are you on about? Fedor was undeafeated for almost 10 years in nearly 30 fights, fighting 3 times a year in MMA INCLUDING several times a year in Combat Sambo where he was also a world champion. That is BEFORE he started losing. He peaked early, but he had a lot of milage on him. Hendo being older is not relevant, fighters are different, not to mention Hendo was on TRT.
TRT was legal at that time so why did you mention it like it is a cheat?Also we dont know if Fedor used it or not because he has never been tested by USADA
Dan has more than 35 fights and more than 14 years fighting MMA and more in wrestling before his fight against Fedor, he is also much older than Fedor. You said Fedor peaked early with no evidence but saying Dan was on his prime while Dan has fought more fights, older, has more losses?
Your Fedor's fans logic is laughable, you said Fedor was out of his prime just because he started losing or just because he lose to Werdum. Then explained to me how can Robbie Lawler became the WW champ if he already had more than 30 fights and 10 losses, that mean Lawler became the WW champ when he was out of his prime? Or explained to me how can Rafael Dos Anjos became the LW champ if he already had 30 fights and 7 losses, by your logic RDA took that belt when he was out of his prime too?

Last edited:
TRT was legal at that time so why did you mention it like it is a cheat?Also we dont know if Fedor used it or not because he has never been tested by USADA
Dan has more than 35 fights and more than 14 years fighting MMA and more in wrestling before his fight against Fedor, he is also much older than Fedor. You said Fedor peaked early with no evidence but saying Dan was on his prime while Dan has fought more fights, older, has more losses?
Your Fedor's fans logic is laughable, you said Fedor was out of his prime just because he started losing. Then explained to me how can Robbie Lawler became the WW champ if he already had more than 30 fights and 10 losses, that mean Lawler became the WW champ when he was out of his prime?
I never said Hendo was in his prime necessarily when he fought Fedor, but he definitely did have a career surge around 2011 when he defeated Fedor. Fair play to him, he found a way to win and turn it around after getting dropped. Hendo has always had insane power and one punch KO ability. The reason why I mentioned TRT is not to call him a cheat, but to underline how TRT battles the decline of aging. He literally had the hormone levels at he upper range of a healthy 20 year old. You can imply that Fedor was juicing, but there is no evidence to support that. This is him against Hendo:
Fedor-Hendo-750x400.jpg

You can't compare fighter A to fighter B in terms of longevity. A prime example is Tyson in boxing that peaked in his early twenties and then was never the same later on. Yes, it's clear Fedor peaked early, as is evident by his performances. His style was heavily dependent on explosiveness, durability, reflexes, wild scrambles and so on, much like Tyson, which is a style that usually age poorly. More importantly, Fedor never re-invented himself, he stagnated and then deteriorated. Go watch his fight career and you will see how he went from being the best Judokai in MMA with amazing throws, submission grappling and GnP to a headhunter. He never find a substitute for his style and worked around his injuries, he just lost aspects of his game.

I never said Hendo was in his prime necessarily when he fought Fedor, but he definitely did have a career surge around 2011 when he defeated Fedor. Fair play to him, he found a way to win and turn it around after getting dropped. Hendo has always had insane power and one punch KO ability. The reason why I mentioned TRT is not to call him a cheat, but to underline how TRT battles the decline of aging. He literally had the hormone levels at he upper range of a healthy 20 year old. You can imply that Fedor was juicing, but there is no evidence to support that. This is him against Hendo:
Fedor-Hendo-750x400.jpg

You can't compare fighter A to fighter B in terms of longevity. A prime example is Tyson in boxing that peaked in his early twenties and then was never the same later on. Yes, it's clear Fedor peaked early, as is evident by his performances. His style was heavily dependent on explosiveness, durability, reflexes, wild scrambles and so on, much like Tyson, which is a style that usually age poorly. More importantly, Fedor never re-invented himself, he stagnated and then deteriorated. Go watch his fight career and you will see how he went from being the best Judokai in MMA with amazing throws, submission grappling and GnP to a headhunter. He never find a substitute for his style and worked around his injuries, he just lost aspects of his game.
PED doesn't always make you has Reem's or Lesnar's body, this is a guy that used steroid (Ben Rothwell)
ben-rothwell-ufc-fight-night-501.jpg

Like i said we don't know if Fedor used PEDs or not, it is legal at that time so i don't really care.
And you said about performances, perfomance isn't a thing that you can easily know because styles make fights, even in boxing. Tyson lose to someone he has never faced before, has bad performance in that fight doesn't mean that he was out of his prime, it can be that it is because of his opponent's style, or because Tyson's style has been exposed/not comfortable anymore, same go to Fedor.A very good example for you: Dominick Cruz look unstoppable 99% of his fights but his performance is not very good or maybe awful against Cody Garbrant who lately get KTFO by TJ who Cruz already beat.
Imo, MMA is always improve, Fedor lose just because his style get exposed/not comfortable anymore, 10-15 more years and we will see new fighters that can easily destroy today fighters, still Fedor is definitely the greatest of old era (Pride) no doubt .

PED doesn't always make you has Reem's or Lesnar's body, this is a guy that used steroid (Ben Rothwell)
ben-rothwell-ufc-fight-night-501.jpg

Like i said we don't know if Fedor used PEDs or not, it is legal at that time so i don't really care.
And you said about performances, perfomance isn't a thing that you can easily know because styles make fights, even in boxing. Tyson lose to someone he has never faced before, has bad performance in that fight doesn't mean that he was out of his prime, it can be that it is because of his opponent's style, or because Tyson's style has been exposed/not comfortable anymore, same go to Fedor.A very good example for you: Dominick Cruz look unstoppable 99% of his fights but his performance is not very good or maybe awful against Cody Garbrant who lately get KTFO by TJ who Cruz already beat.
Imo, MMA is always improve, Fedor lose just because his style get exposed/not comfortable anymore, 10-15 more years and we will see new fighters that can easily destroy today fighters, still Fedor is definitely the greatest of old era (Pride) no doubt .
Oh I know that PEDs doesn't always show, Barnett is another example. It depends entirely on WHICH kind of PED you are using though and high amounts of testosterone and anabolics will definitely effect your body composition and muscle mass. I was using the picture to illustrate that there wasn't a big difference in size and that Hendo hardly looked like the older man. You are the one insinuating that Fedor was on something.

Yes, styles makes fights, but if you observe a steady decline in fighters, the way they fight, how they move and how they recover over a period of years it is fair to assume they are past their primes, especially if they have a long career behind them. In 10-15 years when the new crop arrives and beats the current ones, then that will have just as much to do with the current crop being 10-15 years older. Picking Dominick Cruz loss against Garbrandt after a 10 year fighting career is hardly indicative of anything. Yes, sometimes it's a fighter figuring out another fighter, sometimes it's a bad performance, but sometimes a fighter is past it. It happens with everyone, sooner or later.

You sound like you just started watching combat sports a few years ago. Go back and watch fight histories.

Can sherdogers forget the gayness for Romero a moment and start to remember the time Romero lost to LHW nobodies and deside to cut to mw for a reason.

Lol what-have-you-done-for-me-lately crowd. Probably weren't even around when Pride was on.

Hendo is a good MW, not good LHW and still able to KO Fedor

i dont think so, Yoel has never been knock down in his UFC career, the only time he get finished is when he was very green, just like how Fedor get finished by some Japanese bums
Hendo can knock out anybody and kod fedor with a pretty unique shot

What are you on about? Fedor was undeafeated for almost 10 years in nearly 30 fights, fighting 3 times a year in MMA INCLUDING several times a year in Combat Sambo where he was also a world champion. That is BEFORE he started losing. He peaked early, but he had a lot of milage on him. Hendo being older is not relevant, fighters are different, not to mention Hendo was on TRT.

Honestly by typical athletic standards he didn't really peak early, you normally expect someone up be in their peak form in their late 20's maybe into their very early 30's,

MMA is quite unique in having lots of guys near their peaks in their late 30's, if your charitable you'd say its because often they tend to start late, if your uncharitable you'd say its because MMA has rampant PED use. Certainly you look at some of the well preserved names like Randy, Hendo, Vitor, Anderson, etc and they've all used steroids to help extend their careers.

As far as this match goes honestly hard to say, Yoel could definitely have a chance against todays Fedor but honestly he's hardly a defencive master himself is he? again I think Fedor is one of the hardest P4P hitters in MMA ever(along with Hendo, Gomi, etc).

Last edited:
Back