Reaction score
Easily Joseph Parker vs Dillian Whyte

Honorable mentions are
  • Wilder vs Ortiz
  • Oscar Valdez vs Quigg
  • Gassiev vs Dorticos
  • Canelo vs GGG 2
  • Loma vs Linares

Was going to add Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada but that fight was overrated.

1.Wilder-Fury
2.GGG-Canelo
3.Fury-Ortiz
4.Loma-Linares

Honestly all of them are so close there is no clear #1 IMO Fury/Wilder is just my personal favorite

Hurd vs. Lara - Hurd was the first fighter to actually defeat Lara. Both put up great efforts.

Definitely fight of the year for me.

Valdez vs Quigg

Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada wasn't overrated at all. Add Jack vs Stevenson.

That being said, it's very hard to tell what is the FOTY this year. When in doubt, go for high profile. Canelo-GGG 2.

Usyk vs Gassiev - (Gassiev got schooled, Usyk goes into lax mode with Bellew yet later British fans say Bellew exposed Usyk...)

Canelo GGG 2 - (Unbelievable performance by Canelo, completely less defensive tricks and pure offensive badass, yet British fans still cried robbery)

Wilder Fury - Deontay secures at least 3 rounds of jabs to the top, jabs to the body, power punches to the body, power shots to the body consistently. Then secures Rounds 9 & 12. Deontay for me gets 113-113. Draw is more than reasonable. British fans cry robbery.

There’s a reason why I call British fans salty... once upon a time it was exclusively just Pactards

Hurd vs. Lara - Hurd was the first fighter to actually defeat Lara. Both put up great efforts.

Definitely fight of the year for me.

Canelo was landing bombs on Lara all night. Most boxers, even elite, don’t even get contact when fighters use lateral movement and constantly circling the ring. You usually see Swift Garcia land on goes to the body too when fleeing around the ring. With Canelo, Lara didn’t successfully evade the ropes without getting touched to reset back out into the ring. Canelo is the only boxer to have made Lara constantly move around the ring and still get caught throughout the process. High profile fighting judges ain’t into a “runner.” Had Canelo not landed it would be a different case for points.

Usyk vs Gassiev - (Gassiev got schooled, Usyk goes into lax mode with Bellew yet later British fans say Bellew exposed Usyk...)

Canelo GGG 2 - (Unbelievable performance by Canelo, completely less defensive tricks and pure offensive badass, yet British fans still cried robbery)

Wilder Fury - Deontay secures at least 3 rounds of jabs to the top, jabs to the body, power punches to the body, power shots to the body consistently. Then secures Rounds 9 & 12. Deontay for me gets 113-113. Draw is more than reasonable. British fans cry robbery.

There’s a reason why I call British fans salty... once upon a time it was exclusively just Pactards

Im glad you're here to speak for all fans that comes from great britain.

Im glad you're here to speak for all fans that comes from great britain.

The Pacboy phase was more laxed since many Brits didn’t fancy a lot of the PAC hype, but also many didn’t like how PAC got rid of some British names, same applies to Canelo.

Now with Joshua there’s a resurgence for preservation that any that affects the narrative towards Joshua receives, again, how Pacboys viewed any opponent that PAC faced. Pac has been reinvigorated with Al Haymon and his previous generation has gone left. I foresee AJ turning around again as he was Showtime at one point as well. Showtime has the most prestigious and current active Champions. Surely AJ knows which crews he’ll want to inevitably associate with, and that includes even losing to Wilder in the near future. Brothers stick with brothers. Hearn can’t do it all

Last edited:

Go on then point out where any British fan has has said bellew exposed usyk lol. It’s nonsense just so you can try to get a bite. Absolutely pathetic pal, your so fckin desperate it’s embarressing

Go on then point out where any British fan has has said bellew exposed usyk lol. It’s nonsense just so you can try to get a bite. Absolutely pathetic pal, your so fckin desperate it’s embarressing

Are u serious dude? Yeah keep feeling salty. Only for the big dogs at Sherdog will
Tell you the endless threads and debates that Bellew “exposed” Usyk ALONG with the same horde claiming that because of that performance Usyk can’t be Whyte or any top Heavyweight. I was in those convos stating that Usyk is easily top Heavy and can hang with the best. Fresh young and prime. I assure you no Americans would be claiming that. So which country do u think that’d be?

Chisora/Takam which was the co-main for the Whyte/Parker card was the better fight imo. Both were among the better fights of the year though, that was probably the best overall card ive seen this year.

Other than that...

GGG/Canelo 2
Berchelt/Roman
Usyk/Bellew
Usyk/Briedis
Wilder/Fury
Wilder/Ortiz
Povetkin/Price
Kownacki/Martin
Loma/Linares

HW division especially has had some really fun fights this year.

@TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle put up a solid list. This year HW and CW were on fire.

HW timeline:
Wilder vs Ortiz
Povetkin vs Price
Whyte vs Parker
Chisora vs Takam
Joshua vs Povetkin
Kownacki vs Martin
Wilder vs Fury

CW:
Usyk vs Bellew
Gassiev vs Dorticos
Goulamirian vs Merhy
Dorticos vs Masternak

Are u serious dude? Yeah keep feeling salty. Only for the big dogs at Sherdog will
Tell you the endless threads and debates that Bellew “exposed” Usyk ALONG with the same horde claiming that because of that performance Usyk can’t be Whyte or any top Heavyweight. I was in those convos stating that Usyk is easily top Heavy and can hang with the best. Fresh young and prime. I assure you no Americans would be claiming that. So which country do u think that’d be?

lol big dogs! Youre a fckin clown mate and that's not even debatable

Broner/Vargas deserves a mention.

Back