2018 Green Bay Packers v.2 ...... Show me the Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry guys, we have a couple of cupcakes to bounce back against.

Oh shit

Perry in concussion protocol. MoWilk had surgery/procedure this morning on "significant ankle injury"

In other news, the officiating crews for the last two Packers games have gone missing and are presumed dead (I wish)

How your packers looking for the bills?

Packers a good choice for elimination pool pick?

LOL at all the talking heads saying Le'Veon Bell should be sought by the Packers..... Packers would have to give up too much to rent a guy cause they certainly can't pay him after the year.

No idea on Bulaga's injury so we have a LT in Jason Spriggs who is a shitty LT IMO at RT plus Rodgers is still on one wheel and the GB defense can't seem to stop shit.

Perry is in concussion protocol
Matthews when he can pass rush gets a flag thrown
King might still be out with a groin problem
Kentrell Brice took out MoWilk

..... Ugh

LOL at all the talking heads saying Le'Veon Bell should be sought by the Packers..... Packers would have to give up too much to rent a guy cause they certainly can't pay him after the year.

No idea on Bulaga's injury so we have a LT in Jason Spriggs who is a shitty LT IMO at RT plus Rodgers is still on one wheel and the GB defense can't seem to stop shit.

Perry is in concussion protocol
Matthews when he can pass rush gets a flag thrown
King might still be out with a groin problem
Kentrell Brice took out MoWilk

..... Ugh

Well ...... that is not promising.

The more I think about it; the more I don't see this team making any noise this year:

- Safety play will continue to negate any good cornerback play, unless Gute signs Eric Reid and sadly I don't see that happening.
- Not sure if Bulaga will miss any time, but assuming he does that fucks everything up in the passing game with Spriggs out there.
- OLB will not be addressed until the 2019 draft. Nuff said there.
- And the main problem is Rodgers knee isn't going to get better with him playing on it. And now with Bulaga potentially missing time I don't see him finishing the season with Spriggs at RT.

I hate to be such a downer, especially this early in the season, but with Rodgers injury and this defense being a year away from being a legitimate unit; I just don't see them keeping up with the rest of the conference.

The more I think about it; the more I don't see this team making any noise this year:

- Safety play will continue to negate any good cornerback play, unless Gute signs Eric Reid and sadly I don't see that happening.
- Not sure if Bulaga will miss any time, but assuming he does that fucks everything up in the passing game with Spriggs out there.
- OLB will not be addressed until the 2019 draft. Nuff said there.
- And the main problem is Rodgers knee isn't going to get better with him playing on it. And now with Bulaga potentially missing time I don't see him finishing the season with Spriggs at RT.

I hate to be such a downer, especially this early in the season, but with Rodgers injury and this defense being a year away from being a legitimate unit; I just don't see them keeping up with the rest of the conference.
I know Godgers will be out there playing this year until he physically can't walk probably but at this stage I KINDA want them to just fucking tank. There's a fair amount of awesome pass rushers out there in next years draft even after Nick Bosa from what I'm reading and that's what we (I play nosetackle it's ok) desperately need.

Unless Gute can be a cap magician and work the salaries to get Bell from the Steelers for a year rental and then get Reid and Bowman to shore up the defense.....

EDIT:
A huge thing that swings in the team's favor for next year's draft... we have two picks in the first round. Bosa is going to go either first or second. I would NOT be opposed that if either the Packers pick or the Saints pick isn't in the top 3 trading both picks to whoever has the first or second pick for Bosa.

I know you can't decide how good a player will be based on how their family has done but look at what TJ Watt is able to do for the Steelers and look at Bosa's highlights from OSU. Guy can ball.

GRANTED, the Saints win but their defense has reverted to the defense it was prior to that stunning season last year. They're in the same boat as the Packers. Breesus is carrying that team with Kamara and Thomas in spite of their defense.

I know Godgers will be out there playing this year until he physically can't walk probably but at this stage I KINDA want them to just fucking tank. There's a fair amount of awesome pass rushers out there in next years draft even after Nick Bosa from what I'm reading andthat's what we desperately need.

Unless Gute can be a cap magician and work the salaries to get Bell from the Steelers for a year rental and then get Reid and Bowman to shore up the defense.....

I don't really want Bell, but if he managed to get him that would open up so much in the passing game.

In regards to tanking, my only concern is McCarthy will get yet another pass because Rodgers was hobbled since week 1 and the defense was in a rebuild.

I see so many parallels with Rodgers and Elway that I think we should get rid of McCarthy and get Rodgers his Mike Shanahan. Can you imagine when Rodgers eventually loses his legs at 37 or 38 and McCarthy continues to run the same offense?

I don't really want Bell, but if he managed to get him that would open up so much in the passing game.

In regards to tanking, my only concern is McCarthy will get yet another pass because Rodgers was hobbled since week 1 and the defense was in a rebuild.

I see so many parallels with Rodgers and Elway that I think we should get rid of McCarthy and get Rodgers his Mike Shanahan. Can you imagine when Rodgers eventually loses his legs at 37 or 38 and McCarthy continues to run the same offense?
FatCarthy shoulda been shitcanned end of last year. Frankly, I think Gute only kept him around to prove he wasn’t going to just gut the office when he showed up given how many coordinators and coaches got shitcanned

R-e-l-a-x

Hard as it is to admit, we have one of the best head coaches in the league, and yes gute is somewhat of an unknown commodity but he's already showed veteran savvy and by all accounts is gonna run the ship similarly to how it's been run... Straight to the playoffs every year as long as Rodgers is playing... And despite the injury, he's playing awesome this year. Cobb's drops sucked in that one but that's not likely to happen again. On D, the rooks have looked and should improve, the whole unit just needs to start faster (same for the offense to a lesser extent) and i think that had to do with Pettine getting a little overwhelmed in the Bears and Skins games. That's going to end soon.

Mo and King being out fuckin sucks though, I agree. And we're really in need of depth at t/g-- but every team is going to have similar issues this and every season. Definitely, I'm praying for some good luck, but even without it, this team can certainly beat any in the league. There's no need to panic.

Packers are looking terrible. The secondary is dogshit and the refs won't allow them to tackle a quarterback. If Allen just stands in the pocket and holds onto the ball, the Bills can get 15 yards on every play.

I'm over HaHa, this team needs two new safeties because Brice isn't cutting it

Wait.. Green Bay needs help at safety? What year is it again?

Packers had meetings with free agent DBs like Breeland today.

Please have one with Reid to replace Brice

EDIT
House having season ending shoulder surgery

Last edited:
Breeland would be dope, House sucks and Tramon unsurprisingly isn't too much better

Breeland would be dope, House sucks and Tramon unsurprisingly isn't too much better
Sadly I agree on Tramon. I was hoping it wouldn't be a case of he was good only because of being opposite Peterson but I was wrong.

House on IR thank god. Now just get Reid and Bowman.... Do it... Fuck the NFL blackball... I dont care if you kneel, put your hand over your heart, handstand,sing along,etc during the anthem if you can play good football we need some players on defense right now

I don't know why any defensive backs would come to Green Bay. They'll be on injured reserve in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back