2018 Green Bay Packers v.3..... Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen-Shot-2018-12-16-at-4.10.47-PM.jpg

Hes+right+you+know+_3f9a5e2ca9af9dad5df588da0bcb8f70.jpg
I don’t see Aaron playing RT or DB though

Is Mark Murphy on the hot seat after this season?

Argument could be made TT and MM and Capers sticking around as long as they did is as much his fault.

Argument could be made TT and MM and Capers sticking around as long as they did is as much his fault.

He can probably still deflect blame on Gute.

For this season? Not Gute’s fault financially he’s been hamstrung by Clay, Perry’s ghost, and Cobb’s contracts

I'm thinking he will blame him next year if the Pack don't rebound.

Definitely not Gute's fault. I think he has done a tremendous job in year one as GM. The only thing that he wasn't able to do was get Mack. And it's not like he didn't try.

Awe poor Packer fans ...suffering through Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and 4 sub-500. seasons since 1991.

Yea, it fucking sucks when you have the best QB in the league and possibly history and waste his prime

3 years of trash drafting got us here.
Nah. The drafts have been below average but we got a couple good players. Dallas, for example, has drafted epicly good players the last few years and isn't much better off than GB. Taking so few shots in FA, and obviously getting fewer hits, is a bigger reason why the Pack can't keep up with the rest of the NFC. Both of those, though, honestly I think should be attributed to the coaching staff as much as the scouts.

Losing Hyde and Heyward was pretty tough for the front office to avoid, but if there was no real depth, the coaching staff should have intervened. Graham and Bennett should have been no-miss signings, but they both couldn't fit in the offense.

Nah, McCarthy is gone, Rodgers has actually played more in rhythm these last two games, so I figure he will be ready to buy in next year with a new HC. Besides pass rush, if they can only fix/solidify one unit it has to be the o-line. I have lost count how many times the interior or right side of the line has crumbled during third and short. If Rodgers can stay protected and take less hits he has at least 3 more MVP/SB runs in him. Get him an actual 1,200 yard rusher by the time he is pushing 40 and he might just finish off his career in GB.
Id be so content seeing the two firsts be a tackle and a guard

The one bad thing about not having a true owner

Same. O-line has to be number one priority with Rodgers getting older now.

Yeah year after year it seems like ,they must of set a record for the most third down sacks this year

O line and D, the new guys can get better in the off season. I’m sure Aaron will hold a private camp for his young receivers to get them dialed in. We are finally establishing a run game, even with a shit line that’s always hurt, and we still have #12. Protect him and don’t let every team score so damn often and we win easily

I'm rather new to Football, so I don't notice every detail in a game as it's happening, but I just finished watching some highlights to refresh and analyze whats going wrong...

Is it just me or do we need an almost complete rebuild? Is that crazy to say? Tell me it's not crazy. Our WR's and RB's are doing their jobs, but our O-Line is dogshit and the D doesn't look too good to me either.

Am I wrong here?

Many times Rodgers has to do the heavy lifting with his own running ability, not just to get down the field, but to avoid getting sacked... and on a bum knee at that.

I'm rather new to Football, so I don't notice every detail in a game as it's happening, but I just finished watching some highlights to refresh and analyze whats going wrong...

Is it just me or do we need an almost complete rebuild? Is that crazy to say? Tell me it's not crazy. Our WR's and RB's are doing their jobs, but our O-Line is dogshit and the D doesn't look too good to me either.

Am I wrong here?

Many times Rodgers has to do the heavy lifting with his own running ability, not just to get down the field, but to avoid getting sacked... and on a bum knee at that.
the entire right side of the line needs to get rebuilt.

Bulaga is great when healthy only issue is he’s hurt more often than he’s healthy now and the Guard spot is shaky at best and the backups are absolute dogshit.

Ever since Lang left to Detroit the line seems to be cobbled together every year

Rodgers seems to be losing his ability to throw well on the run. Whether it's because of injury or age remains to be seen. It's one of the reasons I thought the Packers should have waited to give him that big contract extension. They had him signed and could have used the franchise tag for two years.

Rodgers seems to be losing his ability to throw well on the run. Whether it's because of injury or age remains to be seen. It's one of the reasons I thought the Packers should have waited to give him that big contract extension. They had him signed and could have used the franchise tag for two years.
Yeah that would've gone swimmingly

the entire right side of the line needs to get rebuilt.

Bulaga is great when healthy only issue is he’s hurt more often than he’s healthy now and the Guard spot is shaky at best and the backups are absolute dogshit.

Ever since Lang left to Detroit the line seems to be cobbled together every year
I see what youre saying about Guard for sure. In the opening game against the Bears, McCray let Rodgers get sacked twice, one of those sacks, Rodgers got his knee injured.

Multiple times in that game the O line let Rodgers down.

I see what youre saying about Guard for sure. In the opening game against the Bears, McCray let Rodgers get sacked twice, one of those sacks, Rodgers got his knee injured.

Multiple times in that game the O line let Rodgers down.
McCray is simply OK... it's Spriggs and the other back up that are downright pathetic.

I could do as good a job at yelling "look out" as they do and I'd cost far less.

Next year will be a make it or break it year for Rodgers. I'm willing to give him a pass this year. Losing Jordy and Cobb/Geromino being sidelined for most of the season gave him only one target that he could trust which was Davante. He doesn't even trust Graham, which I don't blame him for. Add to the fact that he hurt his knee in week one and has played behind an injury riddled O-line and it was just too much to overcome.

Oh yeah, and he hated McCarthy's playcalling.

He's gotta get some help next year and he's gotta find his mojo again. I have no doubt he has 3 maybe 4 prime years left. What I do question is whether or not he can stay upright and not miss any significant game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back