2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Halejuia!!!!!!

I’m not the only one
I'd argue he did OK on some picks...

Haha up until last year was pretty damn good, somehow forgot how to tackle last year
Martinez's rookie year was meh but last year he led LBs in tackles if I am not mistaken
This dude:

And this guy what we saw at the end of the year it seemed like he was in on almost every stop as at least the second dude there:

Course by that stage we were playing people that had no shot at the playoffs either so he may have been facing a ton of backups who knows.

EDIT:
I like him but kinda am hoping that Biegel wins the job from Matthews and the Pack use Matthews as a change of pace type linebacker the way we used Peppers that last year we had him.

Limiting Clay's snaps would do him wonders.

And yeah, I'm really curious to see what Biegel has with a full offseason/training camp. If he can stay healthy I think he can produce in Pettine's defense.

Burnett flying to Pitt to finalize a deal most likely.

Shit

Welp, HaHa likes to champion himself as a high-level player, so now it's time for him to show it

Jones and Brice, with competent coaching, should be able to fill some of the void

What Burnett brought to the table, most of all, was intelligence. Hopefully the staff can get these guys thinking more

What Burnett brought to the table, most of all, was intelligence.
And experience he could impart to people.

That's the biggest reason I wish we could get a vet CB. Not necessarily for play ability though that'd help but a person able to impart some of their experience on the younger guys like King and Jones.

Huh, 5mil a year. They just straight up wanted to move on to the younger guys

Losing Burnett doesn't bother me. The only thing that is concerning is losing another veteran presence in the locker room.

Feels like Hayward all over again, hope I’m wrong

Not that Burnett will be a pro bowler, but the younger guys better step up or they’re going to regret not bringing him back on an affordable contract

Hope Jones can ball out

I really think he will be a cornerstone of Pettine's new and shiny defense.

If players flourished when they left Capers scheme; then the same thing can happen with him being removed completely. Guys who either flashed here and there or who were average could be solid to pro bowl level performers.

Yep, my pants got tight.

I really think he will be a cornerstone of Pettine's new and shiny defense.

If players flourished when they left Capers scheme; then the same thing can happen with him being removed completely. Guys who either flashed here and there or who were average could be solid to pro bowl level performers.

Yep, my pants got tight.

I sure as hell hope so

I was hoping Burnett would get more on the open market. He deserves it. Just a class act guy and a great player.

Eh. Seeing Casey and Micah do so well filled me with so much anguish that I can't really get hot over losing Morgan. Just kind of numb at this point.

I think Josh Jones played well last year, I don't expect him to be better than Burnett in a lead role, but I think he's good enough that the drop off won't be significant. Definitely would have rather kept Damarious in the building and slid him over to safety however, if we had known Burnett would be out. Oh fuckin well I guess.

Eh. Seeing Casey and Micah do so well filled me with so much anguish that I can't really get hot over losing Morgan. Just kind of numb at this point.

I think Josh Jones played well last year, I don't expect him to be better than Burnett in a lead role, but I think he's good enough that the drop off won't be significant. Definitely would have rather kept Damarious in the building and slid him over to safety however, if we had known Burnett would be out. Oh fuckin well I guess.

Letting Micah and Burnett go were both the right call given the position strength/value.

Letting Hayward go for 5/year was moronic.

S'pose so.

Just gotta hit on some draft picks this year and keep the top guys healthy and all will be forgiven.

2018 looks to be a throwaway year. New defense with many new and likely rookie players that will take time to become cohesive. Rodgers most trusted receiver is gone and it will likely take time to get in sync with Graham. Rodgers won't play in pre-season so the learning curve will be steep in the regular season. Morale could be very low as the team disintegrates.

2018 looks to be a throwaway year. New defense with many new and likely rookie players that will take time to become cohesive. Rodgers most trusted receiver is gone and it will likely take time to get in sync with Graham. Rodgers won't play in pre-season so the learning curve will be steep in the regular season. Morale could be very low as the team disintegrates.
Um.......

Disagree 100%.

Training Camp and practices is where Graham and Rodgers will get in synch and the defense... they'll go from retarded set ups like having Clark and Daniels in coverage to doing what their position is supposed to and having a DC that is on the sideline with them

Back