2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Yeah, it's def not a throwaway year. The Graham signing proved as much.

Honestly if we just don't go DB at 14, and instead get one of Edmunds, Landry, Vander Esch, Key, or Ridley, I'll be happy. Just no DB at 14.

Um.......

Disagree 100%.

Training Camp and practices is where Graham and Rodgers will get in synch and the defense... they'll go from retarded set ups like having Clark and Daniels in coverage to doing what their position is supposed to and having a DC that is on the sideline with them

With the limitations on practices, there isn't time to get in sync. Veterans can't come to camp more than 15 days prior to their first pre-season game. They are limited to 4 hours a day.

This article has the rules. They are likely why injuries are so plentiful as the players don't get into playing shape.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/07/a_primer_on_the_nfl_cbas_training_camp_rules.html

Thomas signed a 2 year deal with the Cowboys.

He was a stopgap for an utterly atrocious ILB group. Now that they aren't so atrocious, he doesn't have a place on the team

He was a stopgap for an utterly atrocious ILB group. Now that they aren't so atrocious, he doesn't have a place on the team
I was real impressed with how Martinez played last year... just wish Ryan could match it.

Can't believe Fackrell's can ass is still on the team though. That gif of him falling on his ass when the LT sneezes on him is too much.

I guess

He wasn't good a few years ago and playing next to Peterson and the Honey Badger made him look better than he was last year

That said he's a very strong veteran presence on a very young defense

I guess

He wasn't good a few years ago and playing next to Peterson and the Honey Badger made him look better than he was last year

That said he's a very strong veteran presence on a very young defense
The thing I like about this especially if they keep House is the benefit of a vet chirping in the ears of guys like King and Rollins which neither of them had and Randall didn't have either.

Gotta wonder how much of them being thrust in there as essentially rookies without vet CBs to aid in their development hindered them.

EDIT:
Something creepy... I was literally watching this like two days ago:

Mentally going "man, wish we could have Williams back and have him play like this"

Welp, we at least got the first half of that.

The bolded certainly is hopeful:
Following a pair of seasons with the Cleveland Browns — one of which he spent with new Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine as his head coach — Williams had a bounce-back 2017 campaign with the Arizona Cardinals, starting nine games with two interceptions and 12 pass defenses.

Last edited:
So tramon Williams huh?
I felt the same way till I found out opposing QBs throwing his way had an average rating of like 54.8 or something.

I’m sure he benefitted playing opposite Peterson and with Honey Badger out there with him but he isn’t a can... or at least he wasn’t last year

If I remember right, the last year Tramon Williams was in Green Bay, he had a pretty bad shoulder injury. He was using 40lb dumbbells for bench press. If a professional athlete is using that little weight, he was pretty hurt.

At this point he is a vaguely warm body which is a step in the right direction.

If I remember right, the last year Tramon Williams was in Green Bay, he had a pretty bad shoulder injury. He was using 40lb dumbbells for bench press. If a professional athlete is using that little weight, he was pretty hurt.

At this point he is a vaguely warm body which is a step in the right direction.
If all we need is a warm body might as well roll Al Harris out of the nursing home and dig up what's left of Nick Collins.

Packers met with WR Jordan Matthews today

Thomas signed a 2 year deal with the Cowboys.

Personally, I really liked Joe Thomas.

If all we need is a warm body might as well roll Al Harris out of the nursing home and dig up what's left of Nick Collins.

Al is churning out pro bowlers as the DB coach in KC

No to Jordan Matthews. Just draft a receiver by round 3.

I would take rolling Welker out onto the field on a wheelchair over Matthews.

Someone ask Megatron if he'd be willing to catch passes from a real quaterback

EDIT:
I know the big concern is still DB/an Edge rusher. What sort of WRs are available in the draft this year?

I only ask cause I was looking at that roster we had when the team won the SB last and Rodgers had Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Crabtree, and Finley to throw to. Now there's Adams, Graham, Williams/Jones/Ty (maybe on those last three but they're also RBs not pure receivers).

We need a speed receiver as I see it, a guy that can stretch out the field the way D-Jax used to when he was younger.

Last edited:
Back