2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Yeah i hate to say it, but someone has to get invited, ya know? Sucks for JR and KB, but I am glad it wasn't any of the guys around when long-term seemingly depends.
Like, Ryan and Brice are passable but to be completely frank Martinez is the leader of the LB corps given how he played last year and the crazy improvement that he saw. And as to Brice, hasn't the dude been basically a career backup so far? I get he was behind Burnett but he still never really shined when he got his shots.

I still say sign fucking Reid and Bowman both and if you can only get one get Reid. I like Jones but he's not great in coverage but IS great playing the way we used Hyde as a nickel or the way Burnett spent much of last year as the 8th guy playing downhill in the box.

Proof of Jones... the Bungles game last year, dude looked like a madman/monster out there and he was in the box most of the game.

God willing, Pettine will be the opposite of Dom and actually commit to putting db's in their strongest positions. And agreed on Reid. A veteran coverage guy to pair with Ha-Ha (who I hear has picked off 12 repeatedly already) sounds fucking awesome

But obviously the snowflake trumplings will lose their shit over Reid, so some lesser FA DB is probably receiving a call soon.

But obviously the snowflake trumplings will lose their shit over Reid, so some lesser FA DB is probably receiving a call soon.
What exactly is it about Reid that keeps bringing that stuff up?

I'll be honest I was one of the people that was like "these dudes kneeling probably do jack and shit outside of kneeling to try and solve this problem" so I was always a bit... not against it but one of the "fucking dumbshits" groupings but what's the deal with Reid? Based on what I've seen of him play he SHOULD be a goddamn team right now.

Thank.Fucking.God.

Had they been using the backs more in the passing game; the offense would not have struggled as much as it has these past few seasons. I bet Philbin had to talk some sense into both McCarthy and Rodgers.

By talk you mean he took the belt to them till they listened.

Bowman is done, not against going after Reid though

In any case, the rumor is Brices injury might not be serious, he was at practice today (not practicing but there). Sucks for Ryan. Hopefully Burks can step up

Haven’t paid any attention to camp, anything noteworthy besides the injuries? I read Adams (the lineman that didn’t play last year) and the punter are looking good

Thank.Fucking.God.

Had they been using the backs more in the passing game; the offense would not have struggled as much as it has these past few seasons. I bet Philbin had to talk some sense into both McCarthy and Rodgers.

Jones appeared to have a couple decent receiving seasons in college and one of the RBs was a damn WR, no reason they shouldn’t do it.

I personally miss when they did a lot more quick slants. Not sure if they stopped after Philbin left but feels like they’ve dropped considerably since then. Driver was a monster with those

Haven’t paid any attention to camp, anything noteworthy besides the injuries? I read Adams (the lineman that didn’t play last year) and the punter are looking good

Jones appeared to have a couple decent receiving seasons in college and one of the RBs was a damn WR, no reason they shouldn’t do it.

I personally miss when they did a lot more quick slants. Not sure if they stopped after Philbin left but feels like they’ve dropped considerably since then. Driver was a monster with those
They also stopped those pick plays too.

I get that the league changed up the rule to try and curtail them some but it feels like they completely left the playbook when that rule was implemented.

From what I have read from various sources in regards to camp:

Josh Jackson is struggling mightily in man to man. But that was expected with the heavy zone scheme he played in in college.

All three rookie wideouts have shown some serious skills, but are also clearly behind G-Mo.

King has been straight up balling in camp. If he's over his shoulder woes he will have a second year jump.

Spriggs has gained some weight which is great. But he also had a false start at the very beginning of practice and got yanked for Murphy, lol.

Josh Jones is still struggling in coverage.

I think it was McCray who is looking solid in the right guard role.

Rodgers to Graham connection is gaining a lot of traction. Could be nearly unstoppable this season.

Everyone is actually buying into Pettine and his philosophy. Rodgers and Clay said in so many words that the defense hasn't had this kind of energy in years.

Fackrell actually won a 1-on-1 drill against Bahk.

They also stopped those pick plays too.

I get that the league changed up the rule to try and curtail them some but it feels like they completely left the playbook when that rule was implemented.

What really frustrates me is GB has a freaking WR as a RB. And still he doesn't get the ball thrown to him enough.

What really frustrates me is GB has a freaking WR as a RB. And still he doesn't get the ball thrown to him enough.
I don't get why Ty hasn't been used as a Woodhead for this team BUT, Woodhead for how small he was could still sorta block.. Ty completely whiffed on the defender that smashed Rodgers the play before the Rodgers/Cook play against Dallas.

And... Fackrell did something? Good?!

EDIT:
I also got to say it's awesome to hear the defensive players and even Rodgers say people are excited about Pettine.

Last edited:
Heavy Pettine for MVP

Don't you mean Pettine 3:16?

Bxk6mWlCQAImsjP.jpg:large

Back