***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v3: Biggest signing in League history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those numbers are never legit
are MIA's? i'm not trying to condescend or anything, i'm asking b/c you live there, clearly follow, and they ranked in the top ten as well (although obviously made the yoffs, so weren't a bad team)

Last edited:
Josh Hart is lookin too good to be in the summer league.. what if he plays well enough to be a starter? Magic already said for the other starters to watch out.

Ball
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Kuzma, Rondo, Lance, KCP, Svi, Fry

Dam thats solid

i think KCP gets the starting job, at least to start the year.

that's typically how it goes.

Josh Hart is lookin too good to be in the summer league.. what if he plays well enough to be a starter? Magic already said for the other starters to watch out.

Ball
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Dam thats solid
You guys trust McGee with minutes?
I don't see him doing well away from the warriors, he could come in and hustle on defense and look for jobs for 6-10 minutes for sure but I do not about starting.

McGee can't play starter minutes. He has pretty extreme asthma.

he's just therir only current option.

definitely wont play starter minutes

Lmao @ the bandwagon Lakes fans itt not knowing bout my dude Zubac

Lmao @ the bandwagon Lakes fans itt not knowing bout my dude Zubac
I was hyped up on Zubac but last year he sort of dissappeared. He does have potential just hasnt unlocked it yet. Hopefully he does. He aint a starter yet though. Mcgee aint either. Center position looks rough.

And no im not bandwagon fan. I bitched about not wanting LeRoids in LA because I like rooting for Lakers and im not a fan of the King.

Just got my LeGoat jersey. Ready for the season to start now

Ball
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Dam thats solid

That roster looks like a second round exit in the west lmao

ya'll are banking on some big time improvement from Ball and Ingram right? And fucking Javal McGee dude he shouldn't be playing over 15 a game

Was Melo ever a top 5 player at any point?

I would say no, but other people would say yes, just barely.

He really hasn’t had much success, and the one year in which he was legitimately on a contender, 08-09, I credit that season more to Billups, the guy who took a team to conference finals 6 years in a row.

Outside of that one year Melo has proven little more than being able to deliver a low playoff seed and a swift first round exit at most.

His career VORP of 28.3 places him in fairly unflattering territory for a player of his supposed stature. Cliff Robinson, Michael Finley, Ron Artest... fine players sure... but never ever discussed as top 5 in the game.

TL DR: No, Melo sucks.

Great answer Lumi. Fuck you Faust

Two more things of note.

Melo has never had a single season in which he was top 10 in win shares.

Melo’s highest single season VORP of 4.2 (2013-14) doesn’t even rank in the top 500 of seasons. (574)

Most good players have many seasons well above that mark. For example, even Doc Rivers has 3 seasons better than any 1 Carmelo season.

TL DR: seriously, Melo sucks.

i've got to say No to melo ever being a top 5 player.

a top 5 offensive weapon? hell yeah. top 3 for a bit.

but he brought absolutely nothing else to the table. he always saved all his energy for scoring, and that's not good enough for the top 5.

Melon was KD before KD went and joined 3 all-stars to win championships

lebronlakersshorts.jpg

Look at how proud THE ONE TRUE BRONZE MEDALIST looks in Lakers gear. For any other military guys or LEO's, it's like that feeling you get going through basic and you start off in ABUs but no boots, walking around in your tennis shoes (CLE). You look like a hot green mess. Then you get your boots and now you actually are in uniform (MIA), but something is still missing. Then after another week you finally get your name tape (LAL) and there it is. Your name is on your uniform, no more no name shit, you actually feel official. That's how LeBronze feels. He feels like he's apart of something bigger and more special with way more history and skill of past ghosts that surround him.

VXaFetE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back