***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v3: Biggest signing in League history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi to Minny for Wiggins would be good for both teams to. Butler Leonard Kat for a good yoff run, Toronto gets the home town kid and eats that bad contract for the rebuild years

Masai isnt the Buss family. He doesnt get hoodwinked like a clown. I trust him more than i trust anonymous media reports. Kawhi might very well leave but i dont believe its set in stone. Low key superstar meet low key major market. He can be Kid Canada and not deal with all the circus LeBron+him would bring while still having a chance to win here.
You're right, he's not the family that has won 10 titles in 38 years. His highlight is not getting swept by LeBron in the only ever Conference Finals in their canchise history.

Hey, at least he backstabbed the face of the team and will clear up cap space for the inevitable rebuild.

Good deal for the craps. They dump derozen’s deal for a rental and I don’t have to hear blowslow call him dekobe anymore.

At worst they can trade him for spare parts at the deadline.

Damn Derozan was one of my top 3 raptors of all time. Loved the guy off the court too, he should be remembered fondly by Raptor fans.

This deal makes sense for both teams I think. I think everyone kinda saw we maxed out with the current core, this gives us a 1 year window and more cap flexibility after year 1 for the rebuild.

I seen tweets as little as 10 hours ago that Kawhi had zero intentions of playing in Toronto lmao

All i know is

Lowry
Wright/OG
Kawhi
Siakam
Ibaka

is gonna be a beast defensive lineup.

God. It would be beyond hilarious if he refuses to report.

Hilariously stupid. Its his contract year and he will solidify himself as a problem and perhaps injury riddled. Devalue himself huge from perennial MVP candidate no brainer Max.

That's the best defensive lineup in the league if Kawhi is healthy

Good deal for the craps. They dump derozen’s deal for a rental and I don’t have to hear blowslow call him dekobe anymore.

At worst they can trade him for spare parts at the deadline.

Oh he is always gonna be DeKobe, brother. Dont get it twisted. ;)

but now we have DeKawhi who is > Kobe and DeKobe combined. Shit is cray.

Hilariously stupid. Its his contract year and he will solidify himself as a problem and perhaps injury riddled. Devalue himself huge from perennial MVP candidate no brainer Max.

He's already solidified himself as a problem.

He's already solidified himself as a problem.

slightly yea but doing it to two teams is another level but the biggest issue will be his health questions, too. He has a bounce back year and he is getting max offers from every team in the league, including Lakers.

fanbase is split 50/50 on this. Reactions to both extremes on RealGM right now lmao.

God damnit.

Stupid CANadians have a new reason to be hopeful and obnoxious.

Can we fast forward to March when Kawhi is nursing a deep toe bruise and being caught wearing Lakers hats around town?

Short term, the deal looks alright. Long term, I don't know. This cat is going to be gone in a year, and despite Derozen's inconsistency when it mattered, above all else, he was a high level all-star caliber player who actually wanted to be in Toronto long term and brought some stability to the team. Those types of players aren't the easiest to find for the Raptors.

This guy better play as advertised, or the Raptors are going to look pretty fucking stupid in a couple of years.

There's always a chance that this actually goes well for the Craptors and that they are able to take the Celtics to Game 6 of the ECF, but unless Drake and him become best friends or something I think Kawaii sits out the season with a bruised vagina and signs with the Lakers in the offseason.

Anyway, congrats Raptor fans... it’s a move you absolutely had to take the gamble on.

Hopefully Kawhi gives you a decent season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back