***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v3: Biggest signing in League history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking abut it more, this shit HAS to work out. It's Finals or laughing stock.

The bane of Toronto's existence isn't even in the conference anymore, and they just got rid of their Coach(of The Year), and #1 player to solve a problem that might not have even needed solving.

Going to laugh when the craps trade kiwi to a team that the spurs didn’t want to trade him to

poor Demar can’t escape Lebron

Spuds going to be a lot better this year. They were 1 game from being top half of the West without Kiwi at all and added a very good SG, when their backcourt was their biggest weakness. That franchise is so well run.

I think Kiwi will get over it and play hard this season. He's going into FA. Does he really want to gamble that he gets a max deal from LA or somewhere else despite 2 years of not playing or not playing then playing shitty? Only issue for cRaps is he isn't staying and if he plays well, they're not getting a decent draft pick either. But you can't trade him mid-season if you're in contention for the East and if they're not in contention, there's about a 90% chance his trade value is shitty at that point.

$200 American dollar bet on C’s getting further then the Craps in the Least if anyone wants it.

Half the nba fanbase is delusional thinking Demar is a legit superstar. He wasn't even our best player, Lowry has been for years.

Building a fucking statue? cmon even having this discussion is pathetic. Demar couldn't lead this team to the finals and quite clearly the 76ers and Celtics are getting better.

The mini rebuild was going to happen anyway, this just accelerates it.

If I'm Faps I immediately turn around and start seeing if I can get some youth from Lakers for Kawhi. Maybe Ingram or Kuz + Ball and Dangerous Dung.

Masai needs to talk to Kawhi and ask him what team he wants to go to, then organize a sign and trade to maximize value in the return. Hopefully it’s the lakers to get a nice young return, and they need to win now with Lebron getting old. If he does, we build a statue of Masai, fuck demar.

$200 American dollar bet on C’s getting further then the Craps in the Least if anyone wants it.

That’s like 700$ Canadian. No thanks.

Masai needs to talk to Kawhi and ask him what team he wants to go to, then organize a sign and trade to maximize value in the return. Hopefully it’s the lakers to get a nice young return, and they need to win now with Lebron getting old. If he does, we build a statue of Masai, fuck demar.

That’s like 700$ Canadian. No thanks.
why do a sign and trade if the lakers can sign him outright after this season?

Demar couldn't lead this team to the finals

Without Lebron, The Raps have probably appeared in at least two Finals series. It's hard to lay that all at Demar's feet.

Could be wishful thinking on my part though, as the Raps never looked all that dominant in the playoffs, no matter who they were playing. Even in the ECF year, they didn't exactly coast their way into it against teams they should've smashed.

It's hard for me to believe this is the right move though. They're going to "go for it", by dismantling their core, and playing under a new coach? It's a pretty big gamble, and I doubt it works out.

After Kiwi leaves the Craps will have tons of cap space to overpay for Demarre Carroll types again.

To me bringing back the same coach, the same players would have been a bigger gamble. Like you said nothing from that core(in the yoffs) lead me to believe they had what it takes to make the finals, with or without Lebron in the EC.

Demar is the "superstar" that was getting benched in 4th q's with some hella suspect D the majority of the time. I love the guy and everything he did for the franchise...but its pretty hilarious listening to Toronto radio right now and having people overrate him.

Blockbuster trades on back to back days in the NBA, wow man...just wow

To me bringing back the same coach, the same players would have been a bigger gamble. Like you said nothing from that core(in the yoffs) lead me to believe they had what it takes to make the finals, with or without Lebron in the EC.

Demar is the "superstar" that was getting benched in 4th q's with some hella suspect D the majority of the time. I love the guy and everything he did for the franchise...but its pretty hilarious listening to Toronto radio right now and having people overrate him.

I don't think it would've been a bigger gamble. All things considered, they were solid and dependable to at least make a decent go of it. Who knows if this new line up gels, or if Kawhi is even all that healthy. They're one injury away from having this blow up in their face. That's a razor thin margin for error. I don't even think the guy wants to be there either. So many question marks with the guy, to just toss away a major player in a 59 win team.

Also, Lowry and Demar were tight, and he was one of the main reasons he re-signed, so you also have to wonder how this might mentally effect him as well.

I don't know. Maybe it's Battered TO Fan Syndrome, but I just see this not working out for them.

he'll play fine in TOR, and then leave

he really was hurt, the Spurs really did fuck him (as backed by the second and third opinions he got from NY doctors) they just controlled the media narrative to put it all on him

There's a reason Chris Carter is still taking his side, he knows things we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back