***2018 NBA Playoffs v6 - Warriors Making Grown Men Cry Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminaire

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
“I hate Draymond, he’s too animated and aggressive and it makes me feel like less of a man Waaaahhhhh”

tenor.gif

“KD is bitchmade, he made a brilliant decision to join a team of ego less superstars in Cali and dominate the league... and I hate people who go out of their way to improve themselves Waaaaaahhh”

67-laugh-7.gif

“Flash in the Pan is terrible, can’t guard his own shadow just dominates the game up and down the court, with ease Waaaaahhh”

tenor.gif

@PUO3 @Revolver

I just read last nights thread, lots of emotion in there lmao

I think GSW's strategy from Game 1 is solid. Let Hardcan do his ISO plays against Curry. He'll go off, but if he doesn't have outlets to the 3 pt shooters (like he didn't last night because their defenders stuck to them) all he really has is Capela, who can finish a lob, but can't create if that's not an option/isn't executed properly. One man isn't beating the Warios. Even Bern couldn't do it without Kyrie and Love and that was before Durant.

That said, Houston definitely needs to get their offense started faster during possessions. Weird seeing them shoot over 46% as a team (even if it's almost all Hardcan and CP3) and not break 110. That is a really slow pace for their offense. 46% is about what they shot as a team for the season, but they averaged 112. 3 pt shooting was a little down, but they still shot 35% from long range. They also HAVE to get at least something going in transition. 3 transition points for the game (when they're giving up almost 20) can't continue if they want to have a chance.

I think GSW's strategy from Game 1 is solid. Let Hardcan do his ISO plays against Curry. He'll go off, but if he doesn't have outlets to the 3 pt shooters (like he didn't last night because their defenders stuck to them) all he really has is Capela, who can finish a lob, but can't create if that's not an option/isn't executed properly. One man isn't beating the Warios. Even Bern couldn't do it without Kyrie and Love and that was before Durant.

That said, Houston definitely needs to get their offense started faster during possessions. Weird seeing them shoot over 46% as a team (even if it's almost all Hardcan and CP3) and not break 110. That is a really slow pace for their offense. 46% is about what they shot as a team for the season, but they averaged 112. 3 pt shooting was a little down, but they still shot 35% from long range. They also HAVE to get at least something going in transition. 3 transition points for the game (when they're giving up almost 20) can't continue if they want to have a chance.

How many games do you see this going and who wins? I'm sayin 6/Warios

How many games do you see this going and who wins? I'm sayin 6/Warios
I have no idea. I think I put it down for GSW in 6 in the playoff prediction thread. But this series goes anywhere from 4 to 7 based purely on whether Houston can get hot. That team is incredible when they get out on a streak. No idea if they can pull it off here though. They're built for the regular season where analytics work fairly well over a large sample size. They have to catch that lightning they had at various points in the season to have a chance here.

Pringles, CP0 and Hardcan couldn't have more motivation to get this done. They're all regarded as playoff cans. If they don't get the ball moving faster on offense, that stamp will only be solidified. They have no excuses here. They beat up on this GSW team in the regular season and their fans promised it was a sign of things to come. Curry still isn't 100%. If they go out with the role players playing like this, everyone from Morey on down has to rethink their system.

Also, RR's years of regaling us with Hardcan partying stories seem important if Hardcan really does run out of gas in this series.

As for tonight, please oh please let the racists besmirch Bern & Co. again. It would be so much fun to have someone new in the Finals.

Warriors are the most frustrating team I have ever seen.

“I hate Draymond, he’s too animated and aggressive and it makes me feel like less of a man Waaaahhhhh”

tenor.gif

“KD is bitchmade, he made a brilliant decision to join a team of ego less superstars in Cali and dominate the league... and I hate people who go out of their way to improve themselves Waaaaaahhh”

67-laugh-7.gif

“Flash in the Pan is terrible, can’t guard his own shadow just dominates the game up and down the court, with ease Waaaaahhh”

tenor.gif

@PUO3 @Revolver
They wouldn't even make it through the regular season intact in the 80's, or 90's. Fuck the GS Wussies.

They’d annihilate the league. Keep clinging to your foolish nostalgia.
They'd never survive hand checking, and real defense being allowed to be played. You're just too young to have seen the beautiful game played by actual men. They'd never feel comfortable and would fold. Stephanie would be injured all the time, and Draymond would be a bottom bitch to real bigs like Oakley, and Parrish.

They'd never survive hand checking, and real defense being allowed to be played. You're just too young to have seen the beautiful game played by actual men. They'd never feel comfortable and would fold. Stephanie would be injured all the time, and Draymond would be a bottom bitch to real bigs like Oakley, and Parrish.

See you swallowed this false narrative, it’s perpetrated by those old fogie broadcasters attempting to stay relevant.

Go watch those shit games, the physicality is LESS.

The most physical and defensive oriented period in the NBA was 2001 to 2005, and it’s reflected in every important stat. (Pace and scoring etc) The reason for that was because they repealed illegal defense and allowed for zone style defenses AND did not enforce hand check fouls.

Then in 2005 after the disastrously low rated Pistons v Spurs finals... they curtailed hand checking and more importantly inserted defensive 3 seconds so you can’t camp the paint and THAT opened up the game leading to Nash’s Suns.

Since then players have gotten better and better at using movement and the 3 point shot to defeat zone style defenses.

Today’s team playing some fucking dinosaur squad from the 90s would blow the fucking doors off them with a shooting display those teams couldn’t comprehend. Even Houston would clown the league.

Get with the fucking times, Jesus.

Last edited:
They wouldn't even make it through the regular season intact in the 80's, or 90's. Fuck the GS Wussies.
I don't like GSW anymore than anyone else, but they are worlds better than any of those teams from the 80's and 90's. Obviously they'd have to change some things defensively if you're playing old rules, but movement, their shooting and ability to ISO with an extremely long Durant when they want to makes it impossible for any of those old teams to defend them effectively.

Even if you have Pippen on the Butler (still giving up a lot of length) and Jordan on Staph (who barely needs space to shoot), that leaves Klay Thompson to be guarded by Ron Harper and/or Steve Kerr. LMAO. Plus with Gaymond on the perimeter half the time, Rodman either wastes time guarding Iggy/Looney and Luke Longley is out on the perimeter where even Gaymond can blow by him to set someone else up, or Rodman is far from the basket on defense. And then how do they outscore GS? Jordan going for 60 every game? Anyone think Pippen is putting up great numbers against KD? Who else on that team would even be able to consistently get their shot off? Watch those old 90's games. Guys like Kerr/Kukoc are always open because defenses still thought giving up 3's was smart. That's not happening against GSW.

This is the best team ever constructed (with Durant) and I don't think it's particularly close. They were better last year with Durant hungry and the rest of them pissed about the previous Finals (plus their bench was better last year), but we have never seen talent like this on one team. Ever. Just too many great shooters with enough interior defense to make a difference.

See you swallowed this false narrative, it’s perpetrated by those old fogie broadcasters attempting to stay relevant.

Go watch those shit games, the physicality is LESS.

The most physical and defensive oriented period in the NBA was 2000 to 2005, and it’s reflected in every important stat. (Pace and scoring etc) The reason for that was because they repealed illegal defense and allowed for zone style defenses AND did not enforce hand check fouls.

Then in 2005 after the disastrously low rated Pistons v Spurs finals... they curtailed hand checking and more importantly inserted defensive 3 seconds so you can’t camp the paint and THAT opened up the game leading to Nash’s Suns.

Since then players have gotten better and better at using movement and the 3 point shot to defeat zone style defenses.

Today’s team playing some fucking dinosaur squad from the 90s would blow the fucking doors off them with a shooting display those teams couldn’t comprehend. Even Houston would clown the league.

Get with the fucking times, Jesus.
<TrumpWrong1>

Thanks for the white flag Homer... go ahead and stick your head in the sand somewhere so you don’t have to deal with the COLD HARD FACTS!

Beating the Warriors is an analytical game not basketball.

@Luminaire KD literally made fake accounts on Twitter to defend himself from teenagers making fun of him on the internet.......

The guy is as talented as they come but he's also as soft as shit

And he brought on the GSW hate when he shit talked Lebron for going to Miami "Why everybody want to go to Miami or LA....."

@Luminaire KD literally made fake accounts on Twitter to defend himself from teenagers making fun of him on the internet.......

The guy is as talented as they come but he's also as soft as shit

And he brought on the GSW hate when he shit talked Lebron for going to Miami "Why everybody want to go to Miami or LA....."

How does this make you feel?

82b09bda087a6e372312e79b03041ad4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back