2018 NFL Draft Discussion

Eric Reid is pretty good in his new role. I would rather not get rid of him because he hurts your feelings TBH.

I was his biggest fan when he played at LSU. Just really disappointed in his political stance.

Again, one had a lengthy injury history. One does not.

I guess they are both black and run fast so basically the same guy right ?

Rg3 completed over 72% of his passes his final year, he went a absurd number of games with more TDs then incompletions. He rushed for like 600 yards. Jackson is a under %60 passer with 1700 yards rushing. Different players

OK OK, I already said it was a lazy comparison. Let me try again.

RG III's career is a cautionary tale about how a running QB is one play, one injury from sucking. I don't think anyone is "sleeping" on Jackson so much as taking that into account. A QB like Brady or Palmer can get their knee fucked up and still play. Might be next year but they can still play.

I don't think I'm presenting anything other than what's obvious. Taking a smallish running QB with questionable accuracy in the first round is a risk.

Apologies to anyone I offended by my racial stereotyping. Guilty as charged. I'll work on that. What's wrong with you , how's that for a change?

If I were the Browns, I'd sign a veteran QB and take Saquan at #1. Use the #4 pick for a QB or BPA.

RG III's career is a cautionary tale about how a running QB is one play, one injury from sucking. I don't think anyone is "sleeping" on Jackson so much as taking that into account. A QB like Brady or Palmer can get their knee fucked up and still play. Might be next year but they can still play.

I don't think I'm presenting anything other than what's obvious. Taking a smallish running QB with questionable accuracy in the first round is a risk.

Apologies to anyone I offended by my racial stereotyping. Guilty as charged. I'll work on that. What's wrong with you , how's that for a change?
I was more so pointing out that it's hard to label RG3 a running QB. Dude was a legit passer coming out of Baylor and his first season in the NFL. His accuracy (especially on deep balls) was really good. Again, 72.4% completion percentage!

Russell Wilson is smaller then both players, has played behind a shit OL his entire career, and he is yet to miss a start in his 6 year career.

I was more so pointing out that it's hard to label RG3 a running QB. Dude was a legit passer coming out of Baylor and his first season in the NFL. His accuracy (especially on deep balls) was really good. Again, 72.4% completion percentage!
Shit, did not remember that, my bad. So if he is an accurate passer why has he shit the bed with his NFL career when injuries took away that running aspect of his game? Why did a knee injury nuke his effectiveness?

P.S. Gongrats on Garropolo.

Russell Wilson is smaller then both players, has played behind a shit OL his entire career, and he is yet to miss a start in his 6 year career.
Wilson is short by NFL QB standards but he doesn't have those deer-ankles.
Better body-type for longevity and he seems to be smart enough to avoid unnecessary collisions.

Also Wilson sold his soul to the Devil and the moment was captured...
Until the Prince of Darkness calls him home he will remain unhurt.

Shit, did not remember that, my bad. So if he is an accurate passer why has he shit the bed with his NFL career when injuries took away that running aspect of his game? Why did a knee injury nuke his effectiveness?

P.S. Gongrats on Garropolo.

Wilson is short by NFL QB standards but he doesn't have those deer-ankles.
Better body-type for longevity and he seems to be smart enough to avoid unnecessary collisions.

Also Wilson sold his soul to the Devil and the moment was captured...
Until the Prince of Darkness calls him home he will remain unhurt.
Idunno man, NFL is a fickle bitch. Nick Foles was the GOAT for one season, dog shit for the next 5, and now he's starting in the NFCCG. Derek Anderson made a pro bowl then sucked, and it had nothing to do with injuries.

Jeremiah just put out his initial Top 50. Has Tremaine Edmunds #3 overall.

*sips tea*

Jeremiah just put out his initial Top 50. Has Tremaine Edmunds #3 overall.

*sips tea*
What position do you see him playing in the NFL? Pretty sure he mocked him to the 49ers at 9/10, not sure I would take a off ball or SAM LB that high, might as well take Smith.

Wilson and Cam seem to be doing just fine. Alex Smith quite a bit too.

Again, if you don't think Jackson has the potential to be special....then you must've been pretty "meh" on Michael Vick. Say what you want, dog fighting aside, Vick was a special special player, even with his qb shortcommings.

Vick's college career, rushing and passing, don't even compare to Jacksons. Jackson's worst rushing season is 300 yards and two td's better than Vick's best season.
Vick was fucking awesome

And I love Barkley - he’s great - but there’s no way I’m taking him as high as the mocks have him going.

I don’t think the gap between he and Guice is very big. It’s a 1a/1b situation.
People said that about Zeke too. No issue with draft position if they pay off like that.

What position do you see him playing in the NFL? Pretty sure he mocked him to the 49ers at 9/10, not sure I would take a off ball or SAM LB that high, might as well take Smith.

I think he can play any of the standup LB positions and also has the potential to line up and come of the edge on passing downs. He kinda reminds me of Anthony Barr. We’ll see how he tests, but I like him more than Smith.

mm.. no. I watched Lamar Jackson a few times in college and he didn't look anything like Michael Vick to me, lmao. I wouldn't compare the two, regardless of what his stats say.

Wilson and Cam seem to be doing just fine. Alex Smith quite a bit too.
LOL I reeeallly was wanting to get out of this exchange without admitting I was wrong but shit...

Those are good examples of course, although it must be considered that Cam often is 10-50 lbs bigger than many people he collides downfield with so he's kind of a unique animal. Anyway, I just looked up Lamar Jackson and he's quite a bit bigger than I thought he was, 6' 3" 211 and that's plenty, was thinking 6' 190ish. Anyway, I'm on board, where is he supposed to be drafted?

Last edited:
LOL I reeeallly was wanting to get out of this exchange without admitting I was wrong but shit...

Those are good examples of course, although it must be considered that Cam often is 10-50 lbs bigger than many people he collides downfield with so he's kind of a unique animal. Anyway, I just looked up Lamar Jackson and he's quite a bit bigger than I thought he was, 6' 3" 211 and that's plenty, was thinking 6' 190ish. Anyway, I'm on board, where is he supposed to be drafted?
No clue. You arent wrong either, there is risk with QBs running.

Look how long it took Wentz to get wrecked.

Meaningless 30 second clip, but still Lol.

Josh Allen is a can. Drafting QBs for their size is fucking stupid.

It’s not just size though.

And it’s very annoying how everyone on twitter has decided to gang up on Allen at every chance. The kid didn’t bring this upon himself just let him be.

It’s not just size though.

And it’s very annoying how everyone on twitter has decided to gang up on Allen at every chance. The kid didn’t bring this upon himself just let him be.

I think he'll live lol when he's counting his millions

Back