2018 PotWR Round 3: The Jungle Primary

Sherdog PotWR Primary Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The only family thing I EVER saw posted about Homer was his wife left him. I assumed it was a lie by people angry at him and NEVER said anything about his family. I still have yet to get an answer as to how you guys know all this about him

You can push a lie if you so choose. But when you do that you are the one creating the environment you are complaining about

Now kindly stay out of what Trots and I are speaking about.

Oh, jeez, I haven't thought about the topic nearly enough to get into objective/subjective standard. But a pure objective standard would be useless, as slurs are already censored and even the most virulent of posters rely on some sort of coding. For instance, under an objective standard, following around a black poster and spamming gif's or pictures of monkeys wouldn't be a violation because maybe that dude just likes monkey gifs or is saying that the poster is "monkeying around/it up" as recent GOP governors like to say.

I think something approaching an objective standard could be used for derailing and shit-posting, i.e. whether an objective person would think a post is in furtherance of the discussion, but derailing and shit-posting aren't regulated hardly at all as it is.

If a subjective component is needed (as with "racism"), the rules could focus on objective factors to infer a subjective state of mind circumstantially. In your example, if the poster has referenced his race as black, and someone spams a monkey or a banana, and those pics aren't relevant to any other posts, of if there's a pattern of posting non-sequitur monkey pictures toward the poster, that is objective evidence that the offending poster intended it to be racist.

On the other hand, the phrase "monkeying around / monkey it up" is in widespread usage, and in some cases the outrage itself is a topic of discussion, aside from any allegedly racist implications. So the phrase itself is all we have, that is objectively insufficient to warrant an infraction.

As for "shitposting," how about writing the rule to ban "duplicate posting" or "strings of posts with less than 5 words," or reference some other objective criteria? I've been accused of shitposting even when I was 100% serious, so I know how subjective that term is.

If we have objective standards, it does mean that sometimes we're stuck reading opinions we disagree with. IMO that's a price we should all be willing to pay.

Hey bro, you're the man! It was fun running against you. You have some savage smack talk, and kept it competitive till the end. WAR.

Feel free to endorse at any time, and hell—we could use that vote too! Peace my brotha.

Were trying to have a baby. As long as I have done my deed for the day I am allowed to go outside and play with my friends.

So you have like 23 hours and 57 minutes all to yourself ?

Awsome!!!! :)

Do any voters default to their prior chosen vote if their candidate isn't eliminated? For example, does everyone who voted for Cubo need to do so again, or do they stay with him presumptively?

It's just hard for people to stay tuned to an an election this long.

The votes reset. Each round a candidate has to acquire new ones.

The only family thing I EVER saw posted about Homer was his wife left him. I assumed it was a lie by people angry at him and NEVER said anything about his family. I still have yet to get an answer as to how you guys know all this about him

You can push a lie if you so choose. But when you do that you are the one creating the environment you are complaining about

Now kindly stay out of what Trots and I are speaking about.

What was all this about stalking and grudge holding? You seem to have a habit of just making up weird stuff to say about people who upset you.

Beyond impressive campaign. Hespect to you and hespect to your voters who backed a worthy candidate.

@Lowmanproblems , your candidate of choice, has thrown in the towel (R.I.P.). He was a great choice, and campaigned hard until the very end. Now that Round 4 is about to begin, come home to @JamesRussler . We have the best memes, and our platform is great too. #FreeSpeech!

We're counting on you. See you in Round 4!

To my supporters, vote @Clippy early, vote @Clippy often, that is all.

Say no to another Homer Thompson

I'm the only one with no Homer Thompson attributes but the others look like they were grown in Homer Thompson discount department stores

The War Room doesn't need another guy like this.

Sherdog doesn't need this

You need me

Vote Clippy look how professional I am

View media item 27631
I dunno. You post in the OT. Homer posted in the OT.

I never post in the OT.

It seems to make guys go slightly crazy.

What was all this about stalking and grudge holding? You seem to have a habit of just making up weird stuff to say about people who upset you.

How would you define FLAMING a certain poster continually even when she tried to ignore you?

Stalking bro. And not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back