2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake news. Begone thot.
Fake news is another way for little minds to say "I don't like this".

It is a thought ending cliche used used to silence people and stop others from thinking. This is what Cubo de mierda wants in the WR, Unthinking zombies.

Fake news. Begone thot.

LOL at this low energy manlet being involved with anything that is "kickass". You are one of @luckyshot s biggest anchor. You're a hateful little man who is a perennial loser. Big mistake by cuckyshot for picking you.
The one thing every voter agrees on is we don't want a repeat of your low-energy presidency. We all want somebody who will actually make use of the threads given to them. Thankfully, both candidates this year will do that, so whatever choice people make, it won't be a low energy Palis year.

What do you understand "neo-liberal" to mean? And "click" for that matter?
I'm gathering his understanding isn't very good, if my understanding of the article he supplied is any good at all.
In it, Chomsky says, "We destroy or at least undermine the governing mechanisms by which people at least in principle can participate to the extent that society’s democratic. So weaken them, undermine unions, other forms of association, leave a sack of potatoes and meanwhile transfer decisions to unaccountable private power all in the rhetoric of freedom." This is precisely the sort of thing I see @Trotsky railing against pretty nearly every day, including today.

I think @Fawlty meant "bad arguments."

There's a ton of different common argument strategies that are common in the WR. Some are better, some are worse, but they tend to be treated (in my observations) by a lot of posters as if they are equally valid.

Part of what I'm interested in doing is creating a bit of a hierarchy defining which types of arguments should be taken more seriously and why.

This isn't "though policing." It's critical thinking-- and hopefully awareness raising.
Yeah "bad arguments" is more accurate than "bad thinking"

Lucky already off to a good start rooting out bad thinking

Nope, chomsky defines it by his use. If the leading academic of the left doesn't cut it for you, I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe ask Chomsky to define it for you.
I didn't say define "it". I said tell me what these policies are that can be classed as neo-Liberal so that I may judge who supports them and who doesn't. If you can't do that, I judge that you don't really know what policies are and are not neo-Liberal.

I.e. shit or get off the pot.

At least you respond back with a gif. Thay coward, your intelectual peer, Cubo de mierda, just ghosts.

You have nothing in your little heads to support what you big mouths spout.

Luckyshot is the remedy. If you don't want to be like this guy or Cubo de mierda, vote for Lucky.

How can it be a fight at all, when one party keeps running away?
I was in an elevator the other day and something pretty wild happened.

There was a dude in there, and he farted. But it was, like, too persistent. Like it must have been shit, you know? Well I wave my hand in front of my nose and say "Man, that's foul you gotta take care of that." And the dude went crazy on me. Called me a neo-liberal Jew fart denier and kept pointing his ass at me (this was a really long elevator ride) and finally my floor to get off came. I was like "thank God that dude was fucking crazy" and he yelled after me, "Don't run away you fucking neo-liberal coward!!!"

At least you respond back with a gif. Thay coward, your intelectual peer, Cubo de mierda, just ghosts.

You have nothing in your little heads to support what you big mouths spout.

Luckyshot is the remedy. If you don't want to be like this guy or Cubo de mierda, vote for Lucky.

Says the person who is resorting to personal attacks because I have a different opinion.

Sure thing, bud.

The one thing every voter agrees on is we don't want a repeat of your low-energy presidency. We all want somebody who will actually make use of the threads given to them. Thankfully, both candidates this year will do that, so whatever choice people make, it won't be a low energy Palis year.
Lol at copying me. Pathetic. You're pretty terrible at this. You took it way too personally (like usual) and you bring nothing to the table. You literally do nothing, you do nothing bitch. Get a personality, or a skill or something. Actually help out your boy lucky for once because you're sinking his limpwristed tug boat.

@luckyshot you aligned yourself with a perennial loser someone who I put down with hilarious ease. Sad!

Last edited:
I didn't say define "it". I said tell me what these policies are that can be classed as neo-Liberal so that I may judge who supports them and who doesn't. If you can't do that, I judge that you don't really know what policies are and are not neo-Liberal.

I.e. shit or get off the pot.

What?

So Chomsky has a definition right? Or are you samrter then Chomsky?

That definition, and the policies that support that definition are what we are discussing.

Now, let me break this down for you. You want me to define this, so that you can muddy the waters. You will cling onto certain parts of the definition in dispute, while never actually defending neo-liberal policies, only arguing over the definition.

Take that arguement up with Chomsky and Reich. They use this term constantly. They have a solid definition for it. I am using in it's common use. I don't have to give you a specific definition for common use, for us to move the debate along.

This is what I am talking about with the neo-liberal click, and their tropes. You aren't interested in defending or opposing neo-liberals, you just want to muddy the waters with defining it, and arguing about that definition.

Instead, I point you to Chomsky's definition, and tell you that if you have a problem with that definition, take it up with him, because I don't want to let you bog the actual debate down, which I think is your goal.

Btw, I take what I said before back, you are homer.

Says the person who is resorting to personal attacks because I have a different opinion.

Sure thing, bud.
Of course they are personal, I am pointing out things about you. As regards your opinions, they are based on lies and false/irrational beliefs.

This can be fixed. The question is do you want to fix this and become a better person?

How can it be a fight at all, when one party keeps running away?

Well, if I just make you run away, isn't that more evidence that it's not a fair fight?

No I can't. I am using it as Chomsky does. Now what?

How does Chomsky use it?

Couple of points on why I'm asking:

1. I think clarity is the most important thing in an argument. We might not agree in the end, but if we want to do anything more than just rant meaninglessly at each other, we need to make ourselves very clear.
2. I suspect that you don't actually understand either Chomsky's point or my own thinking (probably both, might just be one or the other). I'd like to know which it is.

Fake news is another way for little minds to say "I don't like this".

It is a thought ending cliche used used to silence people and stop others from thinking. This is what Cubo de mierda wants in the WR, Unthinking zombies.
Bullshit.

No really, I smell bullshit on you. You reek of fakenews.

Of course they are personal, I am pointing out things about you. As regards your opinions, they are based on lies and false/irrational beliefs.

This can be fixed. The question is do you want to fix this and become a better person?

And what are you basing that off of exactly?

This seems like a bad schtick..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back