Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Bon Jovi
The Cars
Dire Straits
The Moody Blues
Nina Simone

Nobody knows if the Dire Straits will be performing since they broke up so long ago.

I'm glad to see the Cars getting in. So many good songs.

RnR hall of fame hates 80s post punk. Smiths, Depeche Mode and Cure were all in contention the past 5 years but never make it in the final .

Every time I hear Moving in Stereo, I always think of Phoebe Cates in that red bikini.

RnR hall of fame hates 80s post punk. Smiths, Depeche Mode and Cure were all in contention the past 5 years but never make it in the final .

Nobody really takes this HOF that seriously anyways. I don't even know what their criteria is. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard they just drew names out of a hat.

Moody Blues are long overdue

My childhood bands like Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are still not in.....

Dad Rock Hall of Fame

Ray Davies:

"Seeing everyone here to night it makes me realize Rock and Roll has become respectable......"

*applause*

"......what a bummer"

That was from his speech when the Kinks were inducted into the HOF in 1990. I'd say it explains why Bon fucking Jovi got in but MC5 didn't.

For me the best part of the HOF is the performances and speeches. Its worth having just for those.

Nobody really takes this HOF that seriously anyways. I don't even know what their criteria is. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard they just drew names out of a hat.
The old format they use to look for critical acclaim, and being influential to other bands. Being pure rock and roll, longevity and having a lot of hit songs and record sales were also part of it but secondary.

New format now takes into account fanbase because you get to vote 1 or two bands in whereas before it was decided by a panel of industry voters. KISS, Journey and Bon Jovi got in that way since they were not really critics darling but have a devoted enough fan base to get them in. So far there is nothing that seemed to bad since you can argue they deserve to get in at some point. It also helps the case of INXS, Stone Temple Pilots, Duran Duran and Def Leppard get in since they either are overshadowed by their other peers and don't get the critics love. Its when the Britney Spears and the Nickebacks getting voted in by their fanbase is what the format should worry about

Back