2018 State of the Union pbp thread

Basically, I don't need constant reassurance of America's greatness, and the flag waving crap is way overdone in this country. We lack confidence. Very unbecoming of the leading world power.

We've been like that since the beginning. Hopefully that never changes.

Props for what you do and I agree in a way. But the massive influx of cheap labor is disastrous for wages.
Maybe but that's more on the employers. Secondly I'm pretty sure there has been a negative influx of illegal immigrants across the Mexican border lately.

Coal is neither beautiful nor clean ffs Seano lol

Beautiful to the people in the industry and still necessary in other parts of the world. Thats what imports and exports are all about.

Just remembered "beautiful clean coal" and lold

I thought that was funny too, lol

Made me laugh as much as when Wanderlei hid from a random blood test a long time ago then popped up days later saying he did "self-drug testing" and was clean. I don't know why but it just reminded me of that lol. Random, I know

Maybe but that's more on the employers. Secondly I'm pretty sure there has been a negative influx of illegal immigrants across the Mexican border lately.

What exactly is a negative influx?

Not that it matters. .. the damage has been done by the 10-20 million already here.

What exactly is a negative influx?

Not that it matters. .. the damage has been done by the 10-20 million already here.
I guess its a backwards way of saying more are leaving than staying.

That was my point if my company can stay afloat why can't others? I hear people talking about pulling up boot straps and competition is good, well compete then don't complain.

Lots of cucklords shook in this thread and it feeeeels so goooooooood!!

^--Great jam. Beautiful country, beautiful coal, beautiful libtard tears!

@Darkballs hey dorkballs, you ready for your sig/av? I got it all together. 3 months of being my forum slave.

I guess its a backwards way of saying more are leaving than staying.

That was my point if my company can stay afloat why can't others? I hear people talking about pulling up boot straps and competition is good, well compete then don't complain.

Yeh I really don't think that's the case. There may be less coming than before but they are still coming.

There are alot of factors and I know nothing about your company. In short, if people can hire illegals they will. They can pay them less, probably not give benefits, and work them to the ground. Then, those that are following the law are either forced to break the law and hire illegals or go out of business. You can't compete when you are paying legal employees a good wage, providing healthcare and paying all the associated taxes.

It may be extremely beneficial to the business owner who has a team of illegals busting their ass for nickels but it's not good for the framer who has to accept less pay or be replaced.

These are not hard concepts. I was a contractor myself but there are very few illegals in my area and they gravitate to landscaping. I know a landscape contractor with all illegals who makes 300k a year. All I had to worry about was guys without insurance, experience, and skill undercutting me for beer money.

Yeh I really don't think that's the case. There may be less coming than before but they are still coming.

There are alot of factors and I know nothing about your company. In short, if people can hire illegals they will. They can pay them less, probably not give benefits, and work them to the ground. Then, those that are following the law are either forced to break the law and hire illegals or go out of business. You can't compete when you are paying legal employees a good wage, providing healthcare and paying all the associated taxes.

It may be extremely beneficial to the business owner who has a team of illegals busting their ass for nickels but it's not good for the framer who has to accept less pay or be replaced.

These are not hard concepts. I was a contractor myself but there are very few illegals in my area and they gravitate to landscaping. I know a landscape contractor with all illegals who makes 300k a year. All I had to worry about was guys without insurance, experience, and skill undercutting me for beer money.
Yet my company still exists and we are thriving. That's a real life instance we do things and provide services that other companies who hire Mexicans don't.
It's really not that hard of a concept to comprehend.

I will say I think the government should go after those who hire illegals not so much the illegals. Blame the dealer not the buyer people are going to try and find work I can't blame a man won who will do hard work to benefit their family. But then again house prices and most other American products will increase in price. So either way someone will complain.

l39MYDS.png

What changed?

Are you really this dull?

You see how on the left those numbers get smaller as you climb?

Now, you see that flat line you can draw above 14 to when trump was elected? That was our stalled economy.

Now, see where Trump was elected (nov 6th was about 17388)?

See that 8000 point gain?

In one year Trumps economy grew more than over Obama’s entire term, once the market stabilized, early 2010 ish.

Now, that not to say obama did terrible on the economy. He gets a C, perhaps B-.

Are you really this dull?

You see how on the left those numbers get smaller as you climb?

Now, you see that flat line you can draw above 14 to when trump was elected? That was our stalled economy.

Now, see where Trump was elected (nov 6th was about 17388)?

See that 8000 point gain?

In one year Trumps economy grew more than over Obama’s entire term, once the market stabilized, early 2010 ish.

Now, that not to say obama did terrible on the economy. He gets a C, perhaps B-.

Dude, he still didn't pass a budget. Tax cuts don't take effect till the next fiscal year.

Literally nothing has changed.

Dude, he still didn't pass a budget. Tax cuts don't take effect till the next fiscal year.

Literally nothing has changed.

Massive deregulation combined with confidence in a buisiness friendly administration with the promise of tax reform.

2010-16 obama < Trump in one year.

Cry about it.

If history has shown us anything it's to trust the motives of giant corporations and to view their one-off gestures as meaningful attempts at helping people.

History is gonna remember this time so fondly.

Concession accepted.

Starting with Trump’s inauguration, the Dow has risen from 19,827.3 to 25,075.1 -- an increase of 26 percent. That’s impressive.

But it’s not as impressive as its performance during the equivalent period under Obama. Under Obama, the Dow increased from 7,949.1 to 10,572 — a rise of 33 percent.

In fact, the Dow’s rise was even more impressive under Obama if you start measuring at the market’s low point, on March 9, 2009, during the depths of the Great Recession. That day, the Dow closed at 6,547. Between then and Jan. 5 — a 10-month period — the Dow rose by a stunning 61 percent. That’s more than three times faster than Trump’s rise over the same period in his term.

<Dany07>

If history has shown us anything it's to trust the motives of giant corporations and to view their one-off gestures as meaningful attempts at helping people.

History is gonna remember this time so fondly.
“hey, I don’t see you handing out $50 wal-mart gift cards..”

Back