2018 - Worst World Leaders Olympics [International Posters Unite!]

"The law amends the Canadian Human Rights Act by adding "gender identity or expression" as a prohibited ground of discrimination." That doesn't have any effect on free speech except by extension and at that it would clearly be open to interpretation that is outside the hands of the Prime Minister and squarely upon the shoulders of the courts.

There is more to it though, in terms of what the concern is

This is from Canada's humans right commissioner (The C-16 thought crime stuff is enforced through that tribunal)

"Refusing to address a trans person by their chosen name and a personal pronoun that matches their gender identity, or purposely misgendering, is discrimination when it takes place in a social area covered by the Code (employment, housing, and services like education)"

http://torontosun.com/2016/11/13/hu...-hir/wcm/0254ab55-ade7-40f4-b1f3-553b75b10842

So they are saying here that 'misgendering someone' (not calling them 'xer' or whatever they want) can be considered a crime under C16

So, understandably it is not apparently obvious as to where this could go just reading a blurb summary of the bill, but it gets a little weird when looking deeper into it,

There is more to it though, in terms of what the concern is

This is from Canada's humans right commissioner (The C-16 thought crime stuff is enforced through that tribunal)

"Refusing to address a trans person by their chosen name and a personal pronoun that matches their gender identity, or purposely misgendering, is discrimination when it takes place in a social area covered by the Code (employment, housing, and services like education)"

http://torontosun.com/2016/11/13/hu...-hir/wcm/0254ab55-ade7-40f4-b1f3-553b75b10842

So they are saying here that 'misgendering someone' (not calling them 'xer' or whatever they want) can be considered a crime under C16

So, understandably it is not apparently obvious as to where this could go just reading a blurb summary of the bill, but it gets a little weird when looking deeper into it,
And that particular aspect of the legislation is the immediate responsibility of the PM how?

And that particular aspect of the legislation is the immediate responsibility of the PM how?

Oh I don't really know what role Trudeau had in passing the bill other than endorsing it. I was just commenting on the concern about it.

I am okay with this but for sure you will get heat from the Duterte apologists around here or anywhere else.

I think we should also make a new Category Most annoying leader! I mean for those leaders who like to call names

Are there Duterte apologists here? I've never met any here or elsewhere.

There are if you will check Arkains duterte thread there are a few there.

I'm actually probably more lenient on Duterte than most, to be honest, in that he's at least a real populist making policies that are aimed to helping his people, unlike faux populists like Trump.

are they not counting african leaders as leaders anymore? lol cause damn near 99% of them belong on some shit list

Kim Jong Un is not on the list as Most Unstable? Assad is not on the list as Most Warmongering? What wars has Donald Trump started?

Bullshit partisan list is bullshit and partisan. Nothing to see here, folks!
To be fair he's embroiled in a civil war. Its not like he invaded anyone else, he's fighting for the survival of his regime.

I do think the list is a bit ridiculous with Trump at the top. Having him tied with Putin for antagonistic towards the press and tied with Bibi for most corrupt is pushing it bigly. Assad deserves a spot on the list of those against the press, he's had activists assassinated as far as Turkey while dealing with the Civil War so his guys got some dedication. Also my personal most disappointing is Erdogan, the guy had a good start and had a huge opportunity to unite his country after the coup attempt but decided to be petty and go after dissidents.

I will give a shout out to @Trotsky for the inclusion of Temer.

Fora Temer!

lol I removed Trump from the latter and lowered him in the former to minimize ruffled feathers.

May has been a hlarious disappointment, but I also feel kind of bad for her. Her party, made up of dickheads like Boris Johnson who actually spearheaded Brexit only to dip out when asked to be held accountable, has really hung her out to dry.
The one person I've ever met form Russia mentioned Gaddafi and how terrible what happened to him was, laying the blame on the US. Seems to be a key talking point over there, funny how in the US Libya is mostly known as a partisan talking point surrounding the Benghazi episode.

To be fair he's embroiled in a civil war. Its not like he invaded anyone else, he's fighting for the survival of his regime.

I do think the list is a bit ridiculous with Trump at the top. Having him tied with Putin for antagonistic towards the press and tied with Bibi for most corrupt is pushing it bigly. Assad deserves a spot on the list of those against the press, he's had activists assassinated as far as Turkey while dealing with the Civil War so his guys got some dedication. Also my personal most disappointing is Erdogan, the guy had a good start and had a huge opportunity to unite his country after the coup attempt but decided to be petty and go after dissidents.

I will give a shout out to @Trotsky for the inclusion of Temer.

Fora Temer!

I think @Trotsky simply is talking about the character of the individual, because of course countries with stronger democratic institutions will have leaders who even if they wanted to do something, they cant due to the limitations imposed on them.

If we went for their actions then the list would be about african warlords.

I think @Trotsky simply is talking about the character of the individual, because of course countries with stronger democratic institutions will have leaders who even if they wanted to do something, they cant due to the limitations imposed on them.

If we went for their actions then the list would be about african warlords.
Yeah I initially missed the part where he said he was grading them on different curves which is fair.

There were a couple. The one I remember was banned though.

There will always be those objectivist, meat and potatoes authoritarian worshipers spouting off about law and order.

Zimbabwe needs more mentioning

When your hyperinflation is so drastically bad you abandon local currency..

You done messed up

Yet trump is the "most incompetent"....perspective much?

I hate Trump but he's not in the same league as some of the animals listed in the first post.

Hell, he doesn't even make the medal round.

Yet trump is the "most incompetent"....perspective much?

lol

Let's put it this way: if Donald Trump were to have succeeded Mugabe, do you think that Zimbabwe would be any better off than it has been with Tsvangirai? Or, instead, if Trump had been their autocrat instead of Mugabe?

Judging leaders' competence by the strength of their country's political institutions and economic history is about as daft as it gets.

I think that Jacob Zuma at least deserves a mention on the "Most Corrupt" and "Most Unstable" lists, considering he's been dropped as leader of the ruling party (while trying to position his wife as his successor) and is in the process of being pushed out of the presidency as a result of state capture charges and undermining the country's constitution by fleecing the taxpayer to pay for expensive upgrades to his private residence. This is not to mention dodgy weapons deals, a very suspect nuclear deal with Russia, and consistent support of the Mugabe regime.

Also, as far as "Most Embarrassing" goes, he once claimed a shower after sex would keep him safe from the aids carried by the daughter of a dead friend that he raped. This incident, among others, should also put him in the running for "Most Contraventions Of Legal Norms".

As a crossover entry between "Most Embarrassing" and "Most Unsightly", I give you:

article-1172414-0494568C000005DC-877_468x636.jpg

@Trotsky I present the man, the myth, the legend - Jacob Zuma - for your consideration.

lol

Let's put it this way: if Donald Trump were to have succeeded Mugabe, do you think that Zimbabwe would be any better off than it has been with Tsvangirai? Or, instead, if Trump had been their autocrat instead of Mugabe?

Judging leaders' competence by the strength of their country's political institutions and economic history is about as daft as it gets.

Mugabe was outed via military coup, Tsvangirai is not running things. Emmerson Mnangagwa, Mugabe's vice president, is.
Tsvangirai is apparently on a hunger strike (over the treatment of his wife) and his health is not looking too good. I am fuzzy on the details beyond that.
You live in a happier world than I, if you honestly thought that getting rid of Mugabe would mean that Morgan would get the presidency he deserves.

Back