2020 Unity Ticket

*Z*

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Would any of you vote for a Republican/Dem ticket in 2020? This is just a rumor but it's interesting to me and might just get a vote from me if it happened. Even though I don't really vote red, I might in this instance just for the fact that it sends a good message. Kasich would be running for POTUS with Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper a dem as his running mate.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...idential-ticket-in-2020/ar-AAqGWbf?li=BBnb7Kz

Yes, it's CNN and yes they suck but that's not the point here.

were only supposed to be united under the constitution, not united under political parties

the day republicans and democrats come together is the day america is beyond the point of no return

That would be acceptable. I don't like Kasich and that ticket doesn't stand a chance in hell, but it would be a big move back toward having a reasonable executive branch.

I would vote for them but they are not old enough or white enough for my liking.

I was hoping Kasich would have got the GOP ticket so I would have not wasted my presidential vote. There was no chance in hell I was voting for either one of the liars.

I'd vote for the best candidate. Trump was by far the best option this year. I think the left will calm down around the 3 year mark into his term because he will do a great job for America. And we'll have more unity then.

were only supposed to be united under the constitution, not united under political parties

the day republicans and democrats come together is the day america is beyond the point of no return

I kind of see it another way. I think it's blind loyalty to political parties that has gotten in the way of progress. If 2 people have common goals, and are willing to put differences aside for the common good, I see it as a good thing.

I think I would have as well.
He does have an air of sincerity about him that would be refreshing. Him vs. Bernie seems like the ideal matchup to me but I think Bernie will be too old by then.

I'd vote for the best candidate. Trump was by far the best option this year. I think the left will calm down around the 3 year mark into his term because he will do a great job for America. And we'll have more unity then.

200.webp

While I don't agree with your opinion on Trump being the best candidate, I wouldn't just vote or Kasich for the unity aspect. I would also vote for who I thought was best. I do think a ticket like this might draw a lot of attention just due to how divided the country is and some people like myself are just completely over it.

Exactly my response, I would have voted Kasich over Clinton

I agree. I would have voted for anyone else who ran against Clinton except Trump. In my opinion I was right not to vote for him. He's terrible.

He does have an air of sincerity about him that would be refreshing. Him vs. Bernie seems like the ideal matchup to me but I think Bernie will be too old by then.

He did a really good job in Ohio and hes incredibly knowledgeable about foreign policy. He's one of the few candidates that didn't get caught up in the shit flinging during the election.

I'm for this, generally speaking. I'm more of a conservative libertarian by philosophy, but this ticket is pretty much up my alley. It's a vote for good governance, which I think is much more important today than the ideological spectrum. Actually, Kasich was my #2 guy this past primary season behind Jim Webb (D). So clearly, party affiliations don't mean much to me, haha.

I agree. I would have voted for anyone else who ran against Clinton except Trump. In my opinion I was right not to vote for him. He's terrible.

My thoughts are similiar. I would have voted for ANY of the republicans except Trump and Cruz. Both slightly worse than Hillary. Well, Trump MUCH worse and I think Cruz may have been a disaster also.

While I don't agree with your opinion on Trump being the best candidate, I wouldn't just vote or Kasich for the unity aspect. I would also vote for who I thought was best. I do think a ticket like this might draw a lot of attention just due to how divided the country is and some people like myself are just completely over it.
Well I hear you, but the left and the right will never agree. When I think of unity I think that at least we could come together and discus or hash it out with debate. And at the end of the day, we're still friends, we're one country and people are not going around sucker punching Trump voters ("get him, he voted Trump") or throwing objects at the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back