2023 FIBA World Cup discussion

What’s the point in playing the tournament then? Or is FIBA just irrelevant for the US?
Lol it obviously isn't relevant to them since the same thing happened to them the previous WC, when they still managed to do even worse, at least they got the tin medal this time!

Lol it obviously isn't relevant to them since the same thing happened to them the previous WC, when they still managed to do even worse, at least they got the tin medal this time!

Team USA finished 4th; they didn't win any medal.

Last edited:
If LeBron would have played they would have had a Dream Team of guys joining in.... not a roster of G League players.

What they play in FIBA barely qualifies as basketball. It's basketball like they'd play it in the old ladies convalescent home.

FIBA ball is actually more physical; No defensive 3 seconds, goaltending is legal etc.

While I agree that Team USA's underperformance is largely down to the rule variations, this also works the other way around. The underperformance of many EuroLeague guys in the NBA has the same explanation.

The EuroLeague is broadly considered the 2nd best basketball league in the world; but the last EuroLeague MVP born in the Americas was over 17 years ago; all the way back in 2006. If the ability gap between the NBA and EuroLeague is so great, why don't guys on lower NBA contracts simply jump over, dominate, earn more money and live in a better city? It's because they can't.

I know the US weren't full strength, if they were they probably win quite easily, the gap between them and other countries has narrowed though.

Australia pretty much were at full strength I think, well other than fuckwit Ben Simmons. He's said he's keen for the Olympics though, would be hard to say no, him playing with Josh Giddey would be pretty cool.

I know the US weren't full strength, if they were they probably win quite easily, the gap between them and other countries has narrowed though.

Australia pretty much were at full strength I think, well other than fuckwit Ben Simmons. He's said he's keen for the Olympics though, would be hard to say no, him playing with Josh Giddey would be pretty cool.
If they played in a Bo5 or Bo7 the USA would never get upset lol

people acting like the usa losing a bo1 matters

FIBA ball is actually more physical; No defensive 3 seconds, goaltending is legal etc.

While I agree that Team USA's underperformance is largely down to the rule variations, this also works the other way around. The underperformance of many EuroLeague guys in the NBA has the same explanation.

The EuroLeague is broadly considered the 2nd best basketball league in the world; but the last EuroLeague MVP born in the Americas was over 17 years ago; all the way back in 2006. If the ability gap between the NBA and EuroLeague is so great, why don't guys on lower NBA contracts simply jump over, dominate, earn more money and live in a better city? It's because they can't.
LOL.

If LeBron would have played they would have had a Dream Team of guys joining in.... not a roster of G League players.

Team USA had 4 NBA All-Stars, all of whom are still in their 20s: Edwards, Ingram, Jackson Jr and Haliburton; these guys are considered among the best American players under the age of 30.

Team USA had 4 NBA All-Stars, all of whom are still in their 20s: Edwards, Ingram, Jackson Jr and Haliburton; these guys are considered among the best American players under the age of 30.
Zero All-NBA guys though. There’s all stars and then there are the top guys. Just tune in to the Olympics next year to see the Elite players dismantle the world yet again

Would you like to attempt an actual response?
To "FIBA is actually more physical" because "goaltending is legal", LOL?

I could tell the downs kid they send out between quarters how to sweep the floor properly, but I don't waste my time with that, either.

What they play in FIBA barely qualifies as basketball. It's basketball like they'd play it in the old ladies convalescent home.

LOL. Now this is a hilarious attempt at coping.

{<jordan}

They lost to Lithuania, Germany and Canada. In one tournament. That can Dillon Brooks dropped 39 on them in a medal game. It's embarrassing no matter how you attempt to rationalize it to make yourself feel better.

Back