Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
How can the Americans get out of this ?
Back in late 80s it was 3 trillion
And keeps getting bigger

We're going to sell off Florida

We could always cut taxes and then start a trade war...

We could always cut taxes and then start a trade war...

How about actual wars that cost trillions? Might as well throw in a trillion dollar fighter jet while we are at it

Serious reply though, why the fuck do we need 700+ billion in military spending during peace time?

Trump should not have made that first 20 trillion in debt before he took office
It was the wrong thing to do

Trump should not have made that first 20 trillion in debt before he took office
It was the wrong thing to do
Trump has added 2 trillion so a little under 10% is his.

Serious reply though, why the fuck do we need 700+ billion in military spending during peace time?
I generally agree with the sentiment here but I'll play devil's advocate for a second and say that its to maintain that peace time. You don't want to wait until shit hits the fan to get prepared. Plus the US military provides certain international public goods, chief among them being the protection of shipping lanes across the world with our navy.

Obama doubled the national debt in 8 years.

Twelve States had more people on welfare than working under Obama. Literally destroying families leaving many children (mostly black) fatherless.

Blacks hold themselves down voting democrat.

I generally agree with the sentiment here but I'll play devil's advocate for a second and say that its to maintain that peace time. You don't want to wait until shit hits the fan to get prepared. Plus the US military provides certain international public goods, chief among them being the protection of shipping lanes across the world with our navy.

We also need to pay for the ridiculous number of military bases to keep them up and running that the US has spread across the entire world. And for the unnecessary wars and battles we engage in.

Obama doubled the national debt in 8 years.

Twelve States had more people on welfare than working under Obama. Literally destroying families leaving many children (mostly black) fatherless.

Blacks hold themselves down voting democrat.
Do you think that had anything to due with the great recession the preceded him?

Trump has added 2 trillion so a little under 10% is his.

While I don't buy his or hers entirely. He can't do anything without support from Congress and vice versa. I though have yet to hear of a Republican in Congress express concern over the tax cuts promoted by Trump. It is sickening that tax cuts are used as proxy bribes to get votes. Bush 1 basically lost to Clinton because he promised "read my lips. no new taxes" and then went ahead and did it.

When Clinton balanced the budget, as much credit as I want to give him for that, it was a bipartisan effort. Maybe, the last time the GOP pushed on balancing the budget and it wasn't a political bullshit.

Back