21 trillion in debt

If we had won in Vietnam we have a more favorable market for our companies to expand into, and sooner. There is the argument, we only intervene because if everyone going commy, our businesses will suffer. We saved half of Korea, and have created a favorable market for our businesses to expand into. WW2 certainly help us get out of The Great Depression, or at least it certainly did not keep us in a depression.
Ah, so war, or at least some of it to some degree, is used to expand business to new areas? I really need to read up more on this. There's a lot I understand, and a lot I don't.

1)Silly, and no.

2)Another non-answer.

3)Another non-answer.

1) The position you described and that position are equally silly. That was the point.
2 and 3 are both correct answers.

Ah, so war, or at least some of it to some degree, is used to expand business to new areas? I really need to read up more on this. There's a lot I understand, and a lot I don't.

That's a monumentally stupid take, actually. No offense. War closes off new areas to business.

War is used to open up new markets, garner more resources for yourself, cut markets off from competitors, cut competitors off from resources.

The Opium Wars in China, all three of them, fought to create that market, and keep it alive. The whole Colonial Era just a gigantic global war. Euros taking land and resources, but first have to drive off, or enslave/subjugate the natives. The Banana Wars are keeping ever flowing supply of bananas at cheap rates which is good for business. Etc, etc.

Well, okay, War does hurt your business if you losing, or will lose it. But if you can win it, then it is great for your business. But no one attacks anyone if they know they no chance of winning.

Edit: Left a few things out, too lazy to repost

Last edited:
War is used to open up new markets, garner more resources for yourself, cut markets off from competitors, cut competitors off from resources.

The Opium Wars in China, all three of them, fought to create that market, and keep it alive. The whole Colonial Era just a gigantic global war. Euros taking land and resources, but first have to drive off, or enslave/subjugate the natives. The Banana Wars are keeping ever flowing supply of bananas at cheap rates which is good for business. Etc, etc.

Well, okay, War does hurt your business if you losing, or will lose it. But if you can win it, then it is great for your business. But no one attacks anyone if they know they no chance of winning.
While I need to do more reading on the subject, this makes sense to me, and there is evidence for it. Many wars have been fought for resources and expansion, and it does ultimately benefit the victor or they wouldn't have started the war in the first place.

Back