228 needs another big fight, how bout Smith vs Gustafsson for the interim title?

Gus has the best streak currently at LHW, yes even with just two wins. Glover and Jan B are better wins than Evans and Shogun.
Jan has a 3 fight win streak since he fought gus. I’d hand it to him before gus

Jan has a 3 fight win streak since he fought gus. I’d hand it to him before gus

Jan B lost to Gus and his best win in that streak is Manuwa, who got KOd by Gus. And Glover is a better win than Manuwa.

I also as a fan want to see the best fighters fighting for the belt, and Gus is clearly the best LHW currently by far.

no you couldn't

Gus vs Latifi, Gus vs Oez, Gus vs Jan B II, Latifi vs Jan B, Gus vs Anderson, Latifi vs Anderson, Gus vs OSP, Latifi vs OSP, Gus vs Rockhold, Gus vs Romero,

Could do a few more too. Beating 2 over the hill guys, one of whom was injured and the other who shouldn't even be sanctioned to fight after getting murdered by a guy a division down shouldn't get you a shot

Gus got hurt about 10 seconds after that elbow... Smith will be fed to a wrestler like Anderson.

Gus vs Latifi, Gus vs Oez, Gus vs Jan B II, Latifi vs Jan B, Gus vs Anderson, Latifi vs Anderson, Gus vs OSP, Latifi vs OSP, Gus vs Rockhold, Gus vs Romero,

Could do a few more too. Beating 2 over the hill guys, one of whom was injured and the other who shouldn't even be sanctioned to fight after getting murdered by a guy a division down shouldn't get you a shot
half of it trains at allstars, so they wouldn't fight. volkan is injured, blachowicz sure why not. and corey. and there is no way LHW gets a titlefight without gus. rockhold is coming off a loss. romero is another option. so 3

half of it trains at allstars, so they wouldn't fight. volkan is injured, blachowicz sure why not. and corey. and there is no way LHW gets a titlefight without gus. rockhold is coming off a loss. romero is another option. so 3

The only one where that would matter is Latifi and Gus. They won't fight and I forgot but all the rest would. You don't need a LHW title until DC vacates so Volkan could be healthy by then. So that gives you any combo of Gus and/or Volcano vs Jan, Anderson, Romero etc. Plenty of better options than Smith

Anthony Smith is less deserving of a LHW title shot than Chael Sonnen was. That is the actual problem in this sport

Bullshit interim belts fought for by bullshit contenders

I agree sadly. The interim belts are nothing but a tool to hype fights. The UFC doesn't respect them at all, after they are given out.

Anthony Smith is a good prospect but he should be 1 or 2 fights away from a LHW title shot.

No matter when or weather it’s for the interim title (should be imo) Gus vs Lionheart is without a doubt the fight to make. I think that’s one hell of a matchup and I cannot wait for it.
Interim belts imo don’t need to exist. It should just be the next worthy opponent is ranked #1, hence he/she deserves next title fight. Done!

228 isn't getting anything else that is major. Every resource is going into 229, 230, and 232 right now.

Gus decided he doesn't want to fight. I have no clue why. Who knows if the man is really hurt or not. He's made of glass it seems. Smith shouldn't fight Gus regardless, I think he gets tool'd by him. However, Gus shouldn't be coming up with phantom injuries either.

Back