260 to 230

Sarumyan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Sarumyan's new diet log.

Height: 193 sm/6.4"
Starting weight: 259.6 lbs.

Method: Caloric deficit only, no macro-counting. Focus on healthy foods.
Staples: Chicken, Coconut oil, Quark, Cottage Cheese, Fat-Free Yogurt, Fruits, Spinach, Cauliflower, Eggs, Ham, Tomatoes.
Training: Very little to no weightlifting. I don't like it. Focus on MMA training to prepare for Spring 2015 Professional Fight. Aim for conditioning and flexibility (Bonus: clubbing-raving on weekends)
Supplements: Multivitamin.

Goal: 10-12% Bodyfat. I would expect to reach it at 230 pounds.

However, this is a lifestyle transformation, as much as it is a transformation of a body. I plan to achieve many things during this journey and will keep updating on my "gains" outside of training as well.

This will be an awesome spiritual journey, growing up, women, work, learning how to relax and have fun..and so on. Pumped and stoked for this!!!
eb3ojp.jpg

fax9ua.jpg

[YT]KWXuXNzbjUQ[/YT]

Check out the good, the bad, and the ugly of my previous 199 days of weight loss journey at http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2693641.

Last edited:
2015 FINISH LINE

Quick recap: 2015 has been a very good year for me, accomplished a lot from meetings lots of girls to getting a good job. Would like to cap it off with an RFL run and get self into a good shape before January 12th. Body-wise, I slowly got back up to 260, however, due to KBs training, I gained muscle over this year as well. So 260 lbs at the start of this log is quite different from 260 I am at now.

Diet Plan: PSMF - so lots of veggies, lots of meat and protein shakes, not much else.

Training: Walking in the mornings before work, KBs, MMA, standing tasks at work

Current weight: 260.5 lbs
Goal weight: 240 lbs

My apologies for quitting last...couple of times, but stress and relationships got the better of me.

Will upload pics within several days.
r1d4ps.jpg

2401808-6001599711-10092.gif

Best of luck, brotato!

Day 1: 260.5

2wrn8r8.jpg

Note: Got a lot of shit done today. Good day to start. Energy 10/10, felt good. Realizing how tough it will be, but now is the best time it's been in a while.

Note: Dat Connor eh?

^Thank you, sir :).

Day 200: 259.6 lbs.

Diet: Noodle Soup ~750 calories. Pizza - 250 calories, Quark/Frozen Fruits/Yogurt ~800
Oatbar ~300, Coffee ~100, Omelett ~ 450.
Drinking and Soup at Karaoke Bar.

Total: ~3500

Training: Light weights ~30 minutes. Walking 1 hour. More of a rest day.

Note: Went to my main gym first time in 3 weeks. Everybody were just so surprised at how much skinnier I look, almost like back in 2010 lol. My coach was like: What happened? Me: Well... raves happened."

Note: Didn't sleep much tonight, around 3 hours. That is why I ate the noodle soup and oat bar.

Day 2: 263.1 (Oh, my!)

Diet: 915 calories, chicken, veggies, whey.

Training: Morning: Power walk - 45 minutes.

Note: Work - has been a crazy day with office cleaning and moving furniture. Came back tired as hell. Also didn't sleep much. Temptation was there to eat something carby, but I persevered. Surprised by my weight, but it is what it is.

v1W5OlJ.gif

I look forward to watching you succeed and or crashing and burning. Either way, this is going to be good.

^ I see my special brand of crazy rants and self-delusions has attracted some committed viewers.
21yexs.jpg

At some point, are you going to lift heavy???

^Nope.

It's not that I did a 5-minute Google search and decided against heavy lifting. I have been doing sports for a while now: I had high-level coaches here in Canada and in Russia, that did not share fascination with barbell training that you can find here on Sherdog. Honestly, it seems 99% of S&C members don't even have experience in MMA, yet, everybody is an expert.

I will listen to coaches and my body, and will go from there.

The time I didn't listen and stated heavy compound barbell exercises - I messed up my back, lost flexibility and endurance. I got a bit stronger in grappling, but at this point technique and agility is more important to me.

Last edited:
I have officially subscribed to this thread.

You know, it's weird- I have a pretty good life, I'm a coach, I'm in great shape, I help kids and my friends learn jiu jitsu...but somehow I'm always at least a little jealous when I see threads like this and see TS say:
"However, this is a lifestyle transformation, as much as it is a transformation of a body. I plan to achieve many things during this journey and will keep updating on my "gains" outside of training as well.

This will be an awesome spiritual journey, growing up, women, work, learning how to relax and have fun..and so on. Pumped and stoked for this!!!"

And I don't know why. But all definitions I have a great life, and I am very thankfull for it. I almost feel like gaining weight or doing something destructive so that I can have a tranformitive journey or something.

Anyways, cheers Sarumyan, best of luck. I will check this thread daily.

Thanks for kind words, man. I am still 24 y/o. So, this is kind of a good age to undertake such journeys ).

Day 201: 259.6 lbs

Diet: Chicken leg with potatoes ~ 850 cals. 4 Chicken Thighs ~ 650. Chai Frappucino ~300. Frozen Fruits ~ 250. Lots of Stir Fried Cabbage with Chili Sauce ~ 100 cals.
Tea, Coffe ~ 120 cals. Ate some cereal at night ~800 calories.

Total: ~2800 calories.

Training: Walking ~ 2.5 hours (shopping, study ). Taking a 45 minute walk today at night as well to listen to Audiobooks.

Weights: 10 minutes - DEM' BICEPZ work. My arms are not that big, so wanna balance it out a bit.

Note: Had to cut a new hole in my belt. My 38" slim Fit jeans are starting to sag quite a lot.

Last edited:
Day 202: 262.7 Hmm.

Diet: Binged on Vector Cereal ~ 2000 calories. Soup with Udon Noodles ~700 cals.
Yeah.. I feel I got too happy with reaching 259 lbs. Need to get back to being strict.

training: Good news here, Jogging ~ 45 minutes. Pretty intense.
Walking/Shopping 1.5 hours.

Note: Going to Party tonight. Hopefully, I will get 6-8 hours of good cardio again.
Note: Drank Grapefruit Juice - 1 liter ~400 calories. Protein Bar +120, Udon Soup ~ 450 calories.

Last edited:
Haha, that just killed me. I am more into shuffling.

This video is a parody on Gop sub-culture in Russian society.

Update: Had 4 hours of weird music dance, barely sweated. Went to afterparty: danced and shuffled for 5 hours, until I started to have severe hamstring cramps.

Will try not to eat too much today to speed up weight loss. I ate way too much cereal in the last couple of days: it bloated me up a bit.

Day 203: 259.9 lbs. I guess I bloated after cereal.

Diet: Protein Bars, Coffee, Quark with fat free yogurt. A burger from jack astors.
~2000-2100 calories.

Training: Walking ~1.5 hours. Raving/dancing ~3-4 hours, slow. 4-5 hours fast and excessive. ~ 3500 calories spent.

Note: Very calm and chill day. I won't be taking pre-workout supplement' for a while before clubs, and it will be special occasions only. Still, really glad I tried it, helped a lot to ease myself into clubbing scene.

Last edited:
Day 204: 261.6
^^
2v00tw4.jpg

Diet:
2cgir08.jpg

Training: Walking for 3 hours straight. Very relaxing, stared at girls, listened to good music. Good time.
Weights: Light, 25 minutes, upper body.

Note: Was easy to cope with hunger today, so I went as low as possible. Kind of motivated to make a good push to 250 pounds. I feel my body is taking shape at last.
[YT]3Q9rewnLFYw[/YT]

kRI9Rw3.gif

No clue how you can go on leisure walks for hours on end, I get so bored.

Well, I was "coming off" IYKWIM , bro.

So was just appreciating the beauty in this world. Stared at girls, nature and architectural designs. Next time will probably go on a 4-5 hour walk. Had to force myself home.

Plus it's a russian thing, we love to walk. And, I always notice the difference in acceptable walking distance between russian and western friends. Me and my Russian friend walked 23 km after partying all night at friends house in Boston suburbs, with nothing but one iPhone.

Day 205: 261.5 lbs. Constipated, got used to that after partying.

Diet: Mini-cleanse today to work the constipation out. Udon Soup ~400, Frozen Fruits ~600 cals. Coffee ~ 200. Tea ~ 100. Ham and 3 eggs ~ 300 cals.
Total: 1600 calories.
3 liters of water.

Training: Walking fast on treadmill listening to good music ~45 minutes, ~300 calories.

Note: As with constipation, got a little bit sick again. Similar to cold, except the head is pretty clear, but the throat hurts a lot.

Note: Getting frustrated with staying at 261. Not sure why, I think I have been in pretty good deficit. That Vector Cereal must have really fucked up my weekly deficit then.

Note: So far side effects of using pre-workout supplement for party' are: lowish mood in the middle of the week, increased sensitivity to pain and aches (teeth, lower back). Energy levels seem the same.

Update: Starting talking about chicks with roommate, which resulted in some drinks and cookies. No regrets +1000 calories.

TOTAL CALORIES TODAY: ~2100-2200. Went for a walk before bed ~30 minutes.

Last edited:
Day 206: 259.8 lbs.

Diet: Japanese Lunch Deal ~ 900 calories. Fat-free yogurt ~ 240 calories. Omelett (3 eggs, bunch of Spinach, ham ) ~ 500 calories.

Fluids: 1 liter of water, 1 coffee, 1 large mint tea, drinking at a conference.

Total: ~ 1800 calories.

Training: 30 minutes HIIT ~ 2.7 miles. Light weights ~ 10 minutes.

Note: Decided to have a cheat day today.....................but something weird happened - I felt FULL after lunch at Japanese Restaurants. I didn't even want dessert, just had Coffee with Splenda. And I kept feeling full throughout the whole day.

29efwqh.jpg

This is the first cheat day, that I didn't screw up

DAY 207: 259.2 LBS Rest/exam day.

Diet: Around 4000 calories.

Training: Commuting for 3.5 hours.

Note: Probably end up in a considerable surplus today (+1500). Had a Government exam, which took a while to prepare for and get to. Also, didn't sleep pretty much at all today.
No training

Back