260kg/574 lbs Fat Dude vs 60kg/132lbs MMA Fighter Clinch Training

Precision beats power, timing beats speed, and being a fat fuck beats everything

Some of you guys need to watch some of the early UFCs. There were a couple of sumo guys. I looks like being 132 lbs is really bad more than being that heavy is good.

They're obviously playing around but it's still a nice reminder about the role that size differences play in the techniques we use.

Technique is meant to offset the natural differences in size, strength and speed but if the physical gap, size, strength or athleticism, is big enough then even technique can't overcome it. I think the clinch parts were interesting because he just can't get good positioning for some standard set ups.

Makes you wonder about the effective end point for a lot of techniques if you're ever facing a true size difference.

Still, knees are knees and throats are throats and cardio is cardio. So I'll take the trained manlet over the out of shape behemoth.

They're obviously playing around but it's still a nice reminder about the role that size differences play in the techniques we use.

Technique is meant to offset the natural differences in size, strength and speed but if the physical gap, size, strength or athleticism, is big enough then even technique can't overcome it. I think the clinch parts were interesting because he just can't get good positioning for some standard set ups.

Makes you wonder about the effective end point for a lot of techniques if you're ever facing a true size difference.

Still, knees are knees and throats are throats and cardio is cardio. So I'll take the trained manlet over the out of shape behemoth.
Technique I like to think of is a multiplier to your strength, but if at the end the gap is still too big there's no much you can do

But with much bigger opposition, tactics is your strength. Going head to head with a bigger guy is just asking for trouble and playing right into his game. An old coach of mine used to say, imagine that (as the smaller guy) you're a Civic, and your opponent is a F350, you can't clash head to head or you're gonna get merked. So you gotta take angles so you'll T-Bone him and possibly derail him.

Last edited:
Technique I like to think of is a multiplier to your strength, but if at the end the gap is still too small there's no much you can do

But with much bigger opposition, tactics is your strength. Going head to head with a bigger guy is just asking for trouble and playing right into his game. An old coach of mine used to say, imagine that (as the smaller guy) you're a Civic, and your opponent is a F350, you can't clash head to head or you're gonna get merked. So you gotta take angles so you'll T-Bone him and possibly derail him.

Yup, one of the reasons to train specific targets as much as you train specific techniques.

This has special meaning to me because my 4 y.o. son just punched me in the nuts. It's one of the areas he's supposed to remember to target if he's ever dealing with a much bigger person so he can run away. I'm 4x his size and that shit still hurt, lol.

Back