290 to 260

Sarumyan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Whats up fellas! Back to getting in shape.
Quick story since last log : won additional amateur fights, so now I have 4-0 record overall. Nailed that hot chick I was losing weight for in the first place, however, it didn't lead to starting a family or whatever. But the ending was good, so I let it go pretty quick.
Reason for gaining weight: long story short - women, plus I took time off MMA and did a lot of weights - so gained a lot of muscle as well. Also torn my MCL and had meniscus damage, took a while before I could trust my knee.
Reason for cutting weight: I am going pro for 1-3 fights, not planning a career, but just to say I "did that" before work and family starts. This is my last semester at school, plus summer is free.

Stats: 6.4 (193sm) tall, 290 lbs (132kg) weight, just turned 24 y/o.

Goal : 260 pounds, with visible 6-pack in 2-3 months time (LOL, I should stop seeking fast results, and focus on long term more).
Consistency is the key.
New Goal - 260lbs by June 28th ( Convocation )
Long Goal - 12-14% Body fat by end of Summer.

Diet plan: Steamed vegetables with sweet potato in the mornings, Greek lamb or some meat at noon, and fruits and veggie blend at night. Drink Kefir once in a while. Occasional cookie with tea to keep me alive on lectures.
Watch calories ( I decided to limit to 2400 - see where that goes ), separate food groups to improve digestion (been weird lately).

Training: Joggin/Bag work/Yoga in the morinings - MMA training at night. Unfortunately exams and essays might prevent me from regular schedule. Generally 6/7 days.

Progress so far:
Start of all starts: February 8th - 297lbs
20th March - 283lbs
20th April - 287lbs (Finals, gained water weight)
7th May - 281.2lbs (Injury, Lumbar Sprain)
14th May - 274.8lbs

Last edited:
Day 1: 290 lbs

Food log:
28mfj0y.jpg

Training - Boxing Class - 1.5 hours, Wrestling - 1 hour, 20 minutes sparring.

Note: I have been training consistently for about a month now. Lost 7-8 pounds so far.
Supplements taken: Fish oil and post workout mix.

Also: no more coffee or decaf.

Day 2: 288.4

Training: 3 mile Jog (slow). - 600 calories.

Diet:
2w1ywee.jpg

Note: Day full of studying for midterm tomorrow.. tired.
Knee still hurts when I jog a bit, but need to keep pushing.

Pic Update:
j7c4qo.jpg

x6flvp.jpg

11tmk94.jpg

14xkl83.jpg

Last edited:
I will check in on this from time to time.

day 2: 288

Diet: Ugly cheat day - exam completely broke me down.
Training none - apart from studying for 12 hours.

Monster day today. Probably fueled by all that junk food I ate yesterday.

Day 4: Decided to weight in once per week, since at my weight I can fluctuate a lot.

Training: High intensity Boxing 2 hours, and S&C with kettle bells and med. ball ~ 1 hour.
Added Cardio - Jogging and Epi. Machine 65 minutes.
Around 2500 calories burned today through exercise.

Diet:
2ue4jte.jpg

Didn't add the teas with sugar I drank and mango at night - will be around 600 calories.

Note: Getting my schedule busier with scheduling training with guys from the gym. Study worries me since I can't afford to break down like I did on Saturday - that was around 6000 calories that day.

Last edited:
Day 5: Another Monster day.

Diet :
2vlk8io.jpg

Training: Morning : 1 mile light jog, abs, and shoulders, and dead lift ( I want to get over 600lbs within a year or so ).

Night: Kickboxing Pad work - 1 hour, Wrestling - 1 hour.

Around 1600 caloric deficit.

Note: Starting to feel a bit tired. However, if I am to fight on April 28th card, i Need to get within cutting weight for 265 limit. Training wise - i got somewhat disappointed by str. gains from barbell. Yes -My lifts shoot up, and I got a bit stronger when I wrestle, however, it could be due to gaining 30 pounds. Also noticeable speed and stamina(!) decrease. And it got me injured second time in my life.
I am hitting kettle bells now and bodyweight training, lets see whats the difference will be .

Last edited:
Around 1600 caloric deficit.

Note: Starting to feel a bit tired.

No shit? I honestly give you about ten days before you bail on your log again, just like you did last time. If you're serious about this you better get your priorities in order instead of throwing a bunch of haphazard shit together at random.

Day 6: Good progress. Finished an essay and read around 200 pages today without breaking down. Mind was a bit foggy though and concentrating was harder that usual.

35kkj09.jpg

Training: Boxing Padwork - 1 hour with ridiculous amount of ABC squats and other leg stuff. My legs will hurt tomorrow.
20 min. sparring - ... Yeah, To be good at sparring - you just need to spar more, no substitutes. Also haven't rolled on the ground for a while.

I think I am noticing that my body is slimming down a bit , water or not, nothing motivates more than seeing progress everyday.

Last edited:
No shit? I honestly give you about ten days before you bail on your log again, just like you did last time. If you're serious about this you better get your priorities in order instead of throwing a bunch of haphazard shit together at random.

looks like he's putting his fingers in his ear and saying "nananananana can't hear you"

looks like he's putting his fingers in his ear and saying "nananananana can't hear you"

I don't want to debate my diet, but point taken. If I feel I can't keep up what I am doing now, I will increase calories.

Right now I feel pretty good with what I am doing. I am also not cutting from 15% bodyfat - I am probably in high 20s now, so it is easier to sustain higher caloric deficit.

But hey, I appreciate your humble opinion.

Day 8: Surprisingly feels like I am in Ketosis. Didn't sleep much as well.
Upped my carb intake today to include complex carbohydrates. I hate keto flu.

Diet:
2hwzqmv.jpg

Training: Walking in the mall - 1 hour total= -220 calories.

Note: Generally, unproductive day..... For some reason horny as hell, all day. Got Green Tea supplement and a good pro biotic to help with veggies.
Found good "organic" pork for around 5$ for a pound.
Going to eat less lamb.. too many calories.

Ate extra 2 apples. So plus 110 calories. Drank all my tea today without sugar. Never did that before.

day 9: Tough day.. still fall asleep at around 3 a.m. for some reason.
Went to school. Walked in the mall for about 45 minutes today. One girl at the stands asked me " Do you work here?" Unfortunately I've heard : "Do you WALK here?" That plus caloric deficit nearly fried my brain - all I could muster is some gutteral sound and a smirk - How does she know I just WALK here? I hope she thought I am just rude and not a retard.

Training: 40 minutes of rolling, medium intensity, boxing padwork - 1 hour, wrestling with around 20 minutes of matches - 1 hour. Pretty banged up now.

295vnkz.jpg

Probably around 100 calories more in misc. little foods. Unfortunately I felt Ketoish Yesterday before bed at around 1 a.m.- which is why I ate mango, plus pork/onion.

However, due to training should still be in a good caloric deficit.

Last edited:
Tomorrow kettle bell circuit training at 8 a.m.
swwkqs.jpg

Day 10: Another strong day.
20qjciq.jpg

Not included - 2 scoops of post-workout drink - 100 calories.

Training: Intense MMA conditioning - 1 hour, Walking - 2.5 hours ( car was at mechanic/mall), Weights - 1 hour, medium intensity.

Stepping on scale on Sunday.

Note: Hard to study. Going to rest tomorrow - need 2 assignments done by Monday and Wed. Bench pressed 315 lbs after 3 sets twice - all those push ups/sit ups at the gym are translating to "gym" strength. Ate Bibimbap at Korean restaurant with friends.

Last edited:
Day 11: Not bad.

I dropped carbs today a bit, and it I felt great. I think I will avoid Keto territory, but stay away from sugar and complex carbs.

Training: Walking to University around 4.5 miles at very brisk pace of around 4.0 miles per hour both ways - so around 2.20 minutes - 1050 calories burned - which is suspiciously a lot.

x5b0k8.jpg

Also as you can see below - I am hitting all mineral and vitamin slots. Trying to do that everyday - hence the veggies and fruits.

2n7jurr.jpg

Note: Treated myself with the thickest blend of fruits and veggies ever. Had 2 pounds of extra lean ground turkey for dinner....... only to remember I have weight ins tomorrow. But hey - more weight loss for second week then.

I have to say apathy swings are happening sometimes, feels like there is absolutely nothing you want to do.

Back