2nd heavybag workout video

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Hi guys just wanted to share with you a brief video. I never actually trained but I watch some tutorials on how to throw punches and basic combinations.
I started hitting the bag about 1 year ago. Doing onyl bag work is good for a week or two, after that I kinda get bored and quit for about 1 or two weeks and then I start over again.

Don't really want to get into a boxing-mma gym because my job requires looking decent and not beat up lol and can't afford to be losing any brain cells.

Just wanted to get feeback on my technique and power, nvm the footwork I just make that up and never really trained it properly.

Not bad considering. Posted in the wrong section though. Maybe the MODs could move it to the standup section, or you can just delete the thread and create it again in the standup section.

Bring the hands back and protect your head. Don’t get in street fights. For exercise, it’s great cardio.

So... Why is this in the UFC discussion forum?

I don't want to disappoint you, but you're far away from a contract.

Body shots are week. You need to bend your knees and dig your knuckles deep into the vital organs.

fat neckbeard in mothers basement hitting bag uploads to sherdog lol

Call out one of the champs. You deserve a money fight.

fat neckbeard in mothers basement hitting bag uploads to sherdog lol
Lol. He’d knock your pussy ass the fuck out pretty quick.

I bet you’re a Golden Gloves champ. Tough guy.
l8ccigF.gif

Lookin decent, man...I started the same way.

Watch the footage on youtube of Tyson hitting the heavy bag with Rooney coaching...youll learn to use your shoulders more and explode up form a lower stance.

Body shots...get lower and bring the shot up.

You have good power but you may find that youll get tired quick because your pushing your punches into the bag.

Tyson says the key to combinations is to try and make 3 punches sound like one.

Based on the number of edits, you can throw for about 30 seconds before getting winded, which leads me to believe that you are throwing about as hard as you can. The bag is less than 100 pounds. Your form, compared to the average guy on the street, is really good. You don't drop your hands. You should incorporate moving, then throwing in bunches, and moving. After a couple of weeks you should be able to go a couple of three minute rounds, throwing maybe 100 punches, with less exertion, per round. You aren't ready for CM Punk but you would crush the majority of the population, if you aren't afraid to be hit in the head.

hahahahahahaha

dude find a gym or some friends that will play pitter patter light sparring, it's rarely ever anyone losing brain cells or getting busted up unless you're preparing someone for a fight or sparring with a complete a-hole.. boxing sparring is a ton of fun I think you'd be surprised how little heavy bag work transfers to hitting something that can move when you swing at it, it's something I'd encourage bc obviously you're at least mildly interested in striking if you're making and posting videos like this, good stuff!

Back