Crime 6th Update NYT: Conor Mcgregor is the famous Irish sports star facing rape allegations in Dublin

With a group she knew before that night?

To do drugs and drink?

Then go some place with him isolated?

Mind you that's not an excuse for him for anything he did. If proven I would have no problem with him getting life with no parole. In fact that's what he should get if guilty.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

There is the world you would like and there is the world as it is. Hope for the first and prepare for the second.
The stories aren't specific but she went with a group including her attacker to a hotel room where the rape took place between 12-3am. The alleged attacker and his buddies left the hotel in an 'animated state' about 5am. So it sounds like she was in the presence of the group for the entire time in question. That implies that there are witnesses and maybe accomplices.

Paglia is so obviously damaged and disturbed, OK? It's amazing she is given any significant platform at all after all these years, OK? If you met her on a park bench you would think she was probably off her meds, OK? Jesus... OK?

How many men do you know who have been forced to have non-consensual sex at a drunken house party?

Hmmmm.... If the majority of female sex assault victims are really just products of their own, poor decision making, I guess men just have far superior judgment when drinking... I mean, that must be what this comes down to, right? Since there are obviously no innate, (literally) structural inequalities existing between males and females. :rolleyes:

<Huh2>

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

In the interview Paglia says that rape is an abhorrent crime and also explains that sex is not a trivial game that can be taken lightly. That means people have to be responsible, careful and realistic when it comes to the decisions they make when it comes to sex. Paglia believes both men and women must be held to higher standards of behaviour when it comes to sex.

More brilliance from Paglia:

The stories aren't specific but she went with a group including her attacker to a hotel room where the rape took place between 12-3am. The alleged attacker and his buddies left the hotel in an 'animated state' about 5am. So it sounds like she was in the presence of the group for the entire time in question. That implies that there are witnesses and maybe accomplices.

And how does that change anything I posted?

Unless she was taken their against her will.

Yes she should be safe in a situation like that but she also should be safe in any situation she is in. But that's not the real world.

Like I said being aware of you surrounds is the first and most important part of any situation.

<Huh2>

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

In the interview Paglia says that rape is an abhorrent crime and also explains that sex is not a trivial game that can be taken lightly. That means people have to be responsible, careful and realistic when it comes to the decisions they make when it comes to sex. Paglia believes both men and women must be held to higher standards of behaviour when it comes to sex.

More brilliance from Paglia:

So please tell me why, in your opinion, we rarely if ever see men (and I am including gay men) alleging date rape, even in cases where a significant amount of alcohol is being consumed.

It's not Conor tmz would have paid millions for tje story if it wasn't ruled out

Are we sure it was rape? Maybe she was panic wrestling?

So please tell me why, in your opinion, we rarely if ever see men (and I am including gay men) alleging date rape, even in cases where a significant amount of alcohol is being consumed.

I thought it was common knowledge that gay men experience a significantly high amount of rape and sexual assault from other gay men.

Sexual Assault and the LGBTQ Community
Sexual violence affects every demographic and every community – including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) people. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), lesbian, gay and bisexual people experience sexual violence at similar or higher rates than heterosexuals. The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Projects (NCAVP) estimates that nearly one in ten LGBTQ survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) has experienced sexual assault from those partners. Studies suggest that around half of transgender people and bisexual women will experience sexual violence at some point in their lifetimes.

The comeback and dangers of the drug GHB
Use is more prevalent among gay men and men who have sex with men (MSM) in party scenes. For example, a recent study of MSM nightclub attendees in South London found that more than half reported GHB use in the past year.

But GHB is not only popular in the nightclub scene for dancing and socializing; it is a leading “ChemSex” drug — meaning it is often used intentionally to intensify sex. This is particularly prevalent among MSM.

'We Bring It on Ourselves': The Myths Silencing LGBTQ Sexual Assault Victims
The truth is that being a member of the LGBTQ community means being at greater risk for sexual assault. Forty-seven percent of respondents to the 2015 US Transgender Survey said they had been sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. According to a 2010 CDC report, gay men experience similar rates of rape by an intimate partner as their straight compatriots, but when you factor in sexual violence other than rape, the rate more than doubles: 40 percent of gay men and 47 percent of bisexual men, versus 21 percent of heterosexual men over their lifetimes (which includes all encounters, whether from an "intimate partner" or not). Additionally, 44 percent of lesbians and 61 percent of bisexual women have been raped by an intimate partner, compared to 35 percent of heterosexual women.

These statistics are often buried in the wider discussion about sexual assault, experts say. "There is a lack of awareness in LGBT communities about the different forms of male sexual assault and rape," said Dr. Aliraza Javaid, a gender and sexuality theorist at Newcastle University. "The absence of discourse or knowledge of the many intricate issues surrounding sexual violence is problematic because it, implicitly, strengthens rape myths." One of those myths, Javaid said, is that "real" men can't be raped.

I thought it was common knowledge that gay men experience a significantly high amount of rape and sexual assault from other gay men.

Sexual Assault and the LGBTQ Community
Sexual violence affects every demographic and every community – including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) people. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), lesbian, gay and bisexual people experience sexual violence at similar or higher rates than heterosexuals. The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Projects (NCAVP) estimates that nearly one in ten LGBTQ survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) has experienced sexual assault from those partners. Studies suggest that around half of transgender people and bisexual women will experience sexual violence at some point in their lifetimes.

The comeback and dangers of the drug GHB
Use is more prevalent among gay men and men who have sex with men (MSM) in party scenes. For example, a recent study of MSM nightclub attendees in South London found that more than half reported GHB use in the past year.

But GHB is not only popular in the nightclub scene for dancing and socializing; it is a leading “ChemSex” drug — meaning it is often used intentionally to intensify sex. This is particularly prevalent among MSM.

'We Bring It on Ourselves': The Myths Silencing LGBTQ Sexual Assault Victims
The truth is that being a member of the LGBTQ community means being at greater risk for sexual assault. Forty-seven percent of respondents to the 2015 US Transgender Survey said they had been sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. According to a 2010 CDC report, gay men experience similar rates of rape by an intimate partner as their straight compatriots, but when you factor in sexual violence other than rape, the rate more than doubles: 40 percent of gay men and 47 percent of bisexual men, versus 21 percent of heterosexual men over their lifetimes (which includes all encounters, whether from an "intimate partner" or not). Additionally, 44 percent of lesbians and 61 percent of bisexual women have been raped by an intimate partner, compared to 35 percent of heterosexual women.

These statistics are often buried in the wider discussion about sexual assault, experts say. "There is a lack of awareness in LGBT communities about the different forms of male sexual assault and rape," said Dr. Aliraza Javaid, a gender and sexuality theorist at Newcastle University. "The absence of discourse or knowledge of the many intricate issues surrounding sexual violence is problematic because it, implicitly, strengthens rape myths." One of those myths, Javaid said, is that "real" men can't be raped.

I knew there was a higher rate of domestic violence within the gay male community. But when is the last time you read about a college campus rape that involved a gay student? Maybe I am missing them.

*Sigh*

Just think of it a bit like a Christian missionary who wanders onto a remote island full of uncivilized people in an attempt to proselytize, and gets murdered. Not his fault, either.
While I don't agree with this or the gentleman with the money/bad area comparison you did get a laugh out of me.

I knew there was a higher rate of domestic violence within the gay male community. But when is the last time you read about a college campus rape that involved a gay student? Maybe I am missing them.
Well they might still be In the closet in college. Early 20 year olds aren't much better then highschoolers

Well they might still be In the closet in college. Early 20 year olds aren't much better then highschoolers

It's a different era. There is a lot of vocal, out, gay presence on today's college campuses.

Please. It's not Connor. He doesn't choke others, he just chokes

To clear the picture, It was not Conor Mcgregor but Niall O'Connor who is accused for this rape. So please don't abuse his good name on this thread.

You want women to act like men. My point was not all aspects of male behaviour will necessarily be desirable.

If we actually want equality, men also need to change their behaviour. E.g. be ready to spend time at home to care for the kids and enable women to still have a career.

Lol yes cause that's every woman's dream is having a stay at home dad they have to look after. Men are natural providers, women find that shit attractive.

I assume you're either quite young, have little experience with women or both. I've never once in my life met a woman who desires a stay at home dad while she provides and pays the bills. Lol

LOL, I worked a Coolio show at a live venue bar and he got all the bouncers and bartenders drunk and hopped on coke after the show.
Dang, that afterparty sounds like a gangster's paradise

Lol yes cause that's every woman's dream is having a stay at home dad they have to look after. Men are natural providers, women find that shit attractive.

I assume you're either quite young, have little experience with women or both. I've never once in my life met a woman who desires a stay at home dad while she provides and pays the bills. Lol

1) I never said I believe we need full time stay-at-home dads. But if you have never met a woman who wants to have a career after having received excellent education and having put in the hours and paid her dues in her first work years, then I don't know what to tell you. It can make quite the difference for a woman's career if they stay at home 6 months or 1 year after a kid has been born. And where I live, most daycare facilities won't accept kids younger than 12 months

In addition, my point was in response to the other poster's notion that women needed to somehow 'step up' and display 'equal' behaviour. I am saying if equality is what we want among the sexes, then men have to change, too (and that may require changing some laws, as has happened I'm the majority of European countries).

2) Both of your assumptions are wrong, btw, but that's not the point of the discussion.

Last edited:
And how does that change anything I posted?

Unless she was taken their against her will.

Yes she should be safe in a situation like that but she also should be safe in any situation she is in. But that's not the real world.

Like I said being aware of you surrounds is the first and most important part of any situation.
There are unofficial reports that the victim knew her attacker. If this is the case, it would be easy for her to feel safe in his company, especially among a group of people

Back