3 nightmare matchups for prime Fedor(in depth)

Disclaimer: I don't hate Fedor,i think he's one of the greatest fighters of all time.but the sport has evolved and there are few fighters that are bad matchups for Fedor.not saying they could beat fedor 100%.all of them have a chance of getting ko by fedor
1:Stipe Miocic
lets be honest about fedor for a moment,fedor was not a good technical striker,hes a brawler that moves like a welterweight.that what made him successful in hw back then.fedor always throw wild punch and hooks.it work for him against not average strikers like most of his opponent but that won't work against someone like stipe and would get himself ko'd because stipe technical boxing is much better than fedor.
fedor style works great against fighters that are not a high-level striker like, big nog, Randleman, and Fujita but he would get absolutely countered by high level boxer/striker like stipe.the Arlovski-fedor fight shows that Fedor style was very vulnerable to countering and Arlovski technical striking is not even remotely close to stipe level.

giphy.gif
(4 gifs in 1 gif)
and stipe is really good at countering.hooks,straight punches.one good counter punch would put fedor to sleep.

giphy.gif
NiceFeminineCub.gif
giphy.gif

even in the cro cop-fedor fight show that fedor was vulnerable to counter, especially straight punch which is stipe best and most powerful strike.stipe jab/straight punch is way more powerful and more precise than cro cop one
giphy.gif
(2 gifs in 1 gif)
2: Prime JDS:
this one is easier than other 2 because jds physical attributes surpass Fedor(fedor main weapon) and his technical boxing is better than fedor.jds can match fedor speed,hit harder(ko werdum,cain with a single punch), and more athletic.jds also got better footwork,in and out movement(one of the factor in this fight), and more variety on feet.if Fujita was able to hurt fedor then jds can definitely ko him.
3:Techreem aka economicalreem
this one is controversial due to Overeem chin but i think this is probably the worst matchup for Fedor because overeem is much more skilled than fedor in every area.fedor is a brawler(sometimes technical) with little to no footwork.overeem technical striking is even better than stipe miocic, especially counter striking.fedor hope of catching Overeem on feet is lower than jds who got tool'd by overeem.fedor wild style would easily get countered by overeem.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
overeem-ko-jds.gif

and this wont be just a boxing match,overeem would throw leg kicks,body kicks and other types of kicks
,other than the cro cop fight where fedor check 1 leg kick.fedor has shown to be affected by leg kick as shown in the big nog-fedor 3 fight and the Arlovski fight
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4: incoming typical replies :
"Fedor outstruck and beat cro cop on feet"
Cro cop is not a great striker if you compare him to today elite strikers.cro cop got little to no footwork and his strategy is/was too obvious.cro cop was good against stationary fighter and always has a problem with pressure fighter
"Fedor was out of his prime when he fought arlovski"
Fedor was 31 or 32 years old when he fought arlovski.theres no evidence of him declining at that time.you can make a argument that he's not in his prime anymore after the werdum fight but not when he fought arlovski,and not in your physical prime shouldn't affect your skills.
Did you forget Fedor was the greatest Sambo fighter for 8 years? Fedor would sub all three of them

Fedor was out of his prime when he fought Arlovksi, but more importantly Arlovski was at his very best when he fought Fedor. Fedor still finished him inside a round.

I've never seen a fighter with a more narrowly defined prime than Fedor. Don't get me wrong, for me he's the HW GOAT.

Prove that he was out of his prime? Fedor was 31 when he fought arlovski
Jds bad footwork? Base on what? Did you even watch the carwin-Jds fight? Jds in and out movement is on point in that fight,if Jds got no cardio how come he was able to go hard five round against stipe?and you don't need elite ground game when you go at elite tdd.
Jds footwork,technical boxing >>>>>>> fedor.
giphy.gif

Prove it? I dont have to prove shit to you, geek.
If a fighter wins the HW championship belt in 2003 and has their biggest title defense in 2005 (their prime) then that means the fighter is roughly 4-5 years out of their prime in 2009- 2010. I bet morons like you think that Jose Aldo is still in his prime today because hes only 31. Clear signs of a geek whos never trained or played sports. Not to mention Fedors coaches said hes past his prime after he finally lost in Sambo leading up to the AA fight.

Regarding JDS "cardio" in going 5 rounds in a stand up fight with Stipe- it just shows how stupid you are and how poorly you assess a match up. Any puncher can stand there and punch for 5 rounds without getting gassed, dumbass, but if they are forced into high intensity wrestling and clinch exchanges, the endurance suffers greatly as seen in the fights with Cain where JDS was gassed after 5 minutes and backing up in a straight line, blocking punches with his face.

Against Fedor who fought high intensity in the clinch, in he scrambles and on the ground JDS would have been taken into deep waters of the 10 minute first round and TKOd on the ground with GnP or submitted after giving up position to avoid getting GnPd. JDS would be prime Fedor's easiest fight.

Prove it? I dont have to prove shit to you, geek.
If a fighter wins the HW championship belt in 2003 and has their biggest title defense in 2005 (their prime) then that means the fighter is roughly 4-5 years out of their prime in 2009- 2010. I bet morons like you think that Jose Aldo is still in his prime today because hes only 31. Clear signs of a geek whos never trained or played sports. Not to mention Fedors coaches said hes past his prime after he finally lost in Sambo leading up to the AA fight.

Regarding JDS "cardio" in going 5 rounds in a stand up fight with Stipe- it just shows how stupid you are and how poorly you assess a match up. Any puncher can stand there and punch for 5 rounds without getting gassed, dumbass, but if they are forced into high intensity wrestling and clinch exchanges, the endurance suffers greatly as seen in the fights with Cain where JDS was gassed after 5 minutes and backing up in a straight line, blocking punches with his face.

Against Fedor who fought high intensity in the clinch, in he scrambles and on the ground JDS would have been taken into deep waters of the 10 minute first round and TKOd on the ground with GnP or submitted after giving up position to avoid getting GnPd. JDS would be prime Fedor's easiest fight.
> still given no proof that fedor was out of his prime
>completely ignore the first jds-stipe fight and proceed to says some nonsense.
>think fedor can take Jds down while Cain having a lot of trouble doing it.

> still given no proof that fedor was out of his prime
>completely ignore the first jds-stipe fight and proceed to says some nonsense.
>think fedor can take Jds down while Cain having a lot of trouble doing it.

I bet morons like you would ask someone to prove that Jose Aldo is no longer in his prime too because hes 31.

The first JDS- Stipe fight was a stand up fight. There was hardly any clinch fighting, grinding or grappling.

Fedor took down everyone he ever fought in his prime excluding the all american/olympic level wrestlers (Coleman, Randlemean etc) JDS is not them and yes Fedor would take him down.

I spit on you
giphy.gif

"Prime" Fedor gets murked by the 3 fighters in the OP and a large amount of other current HW's, LHW's and MW's.

Cain
Jds
Stipe

That was easy

Pretty much every GOAT heavyweight is gonna be a tough fight

I bet morons like you would ask someone to prove that Jose Aldo is no longer in his prime too because hes 31.

The first JDS- Stipe fight was a stand up fight. There was hardly any clinch fighting, grinding or grappling.

Fedor took down everyone he ever fought in his prime excluding the all american/olympic level wrestlers (Coleman, Randlemean etc) JDS is not them and yes Fedor would take him down.

I spit on you
giphy.gif
Actually Aldo out of prime make sense because conor loss while fedor was on winning streak when he fought arlovski
So according to you,throw strikes = can't gas out?
Nice logic you got there
post a gif where fedor took Coleman and randleman down.
Jds stops 11 tds out of 13 in the second or third cain fight.and cain mma wrestling is better than Coleman and randleman

Actually Aldo out of prime make sense because conor loss while fedor was on winning streak when he fought arlovski
So according to you,throw strikes = can't gas out?
Nice logic you got there
post a gif where fedor took Coleman and randleman down.
Jds stops 11 tds out of 13 in the second or third cain fight.and cain mma wrestling is better than Coleman and randleman

God not only do you not know shit about fighting but you're also an imbecile who cant read. I said Fedor took down everyone he fought excluding Randleman and Coleman who were Olympic level freestlye wrestlers.

giphy.gif
hulk-hogan-spit-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

On you and your garbage ass posts and stupidity which dumbs these forums down and confuses new posters who are seeking knowledge about the history of the sport.

Fedor ducked Sapp after watching him almost kill Nogueira

Not even joking lol, one of the PRIDE matchmakers even admitted it a few years ago

Please, complete your sentence so the newbies wont get misinformed. IMO you should say "Fedor ducked Sapp after watching him almost kill Nogueira, however Nog bounced back and subbed Sapp in one of the best pride fights EVER.

Fedor's prime didn't last long because Fedor was one of the rare clean fighters of his era. Other fighters extended their careers with steroids.

Fedor's prime didn't last long because Fedor was one of the rare clean fighters of his era. Other fighters extended their careers with steroids.

It would be surprising if he was able to dominate like that while clean.

Your examples for why stipe beats fedor were Ngannou , JDS (old jds) and Hunt. Not single 1 of those guys has any type of offensive takedowns at all . They'e irrelevant to a fight with fedor . As for Reem. He gets obliterated by fedor I'm sorry , No way he can handle the pressure of fedor , h3 gets tkod with GnP bad. JDS I could see koing fedor tho. He was an absolute machine in his prime.

Fedor was out of his prime when he fought Arlovksi, but more importantly Arlovski was at his very best when he fought Fedor. Fedor still finished him inside a round.

Typical garbage from Fedor's sub-60 IQ fan base. Arlovski had been KO'd/TKO'd four times before he fought Fedor and had been released from the UFC. Fedor was certainly more "prime" than AA. He had taken very little damage and was barely over 30.

Fedor goes "out of his prime" whenever he looks bad or vulnerable. That's their favorite excuse. I'm sure he was out of his prime when Fujita landed that big punch, too.

Typical garbage from Fedor's sub-60 IQ fan base. Arlovski had been KO'd/TKO'd four times before he fought Fedor and had been released from the UFC. Fedor was certainly more "prime" than AA. He had taken very little damage and was barely over 30.

Fedor goes "out of his prime" whenever he looks bad or vulnerable. That's their favorite excuse. I'm sure he was out of his prime when Fujita landed that big punch, too.

Arlovski chose not to re-sign because the UFC kept him on the shelf and fed him cruddy matchups. He was not "cut" in the traditional sense. How does an 07 join date not know basic history like this?

Arlovski chose not to re-sign because the UFC kept him on the shelf and fed him cruddy matchups. He was not "cut" in the traditional sense. How does an 07 join date not know basic history like this?

I simply said he was released....it's not always necesary to fill in every detail from 11 years ago. He had lost twice to Tim Sylvia, who was the laughingstock around here and considered way below the better Pride HWs. Only in Fedor's revisionist history is AA considered "more prime" than Fedor was.

Back