3 package bombs kill two in last 10 days. Austin - Update: Suspect Exploded

So then why in his confession tape did he talk about how he hated gay marriage and abortion? Do you think he was making small talk? Or do you think it was possible that those were motives to bomb people?

Also a lot of people are Muslim and they don't bomb things

Because he was an attention-seeking piece of trash that wanted people to know what he thought about the world, in a suicide note?

Because he was an attention-seeking piece of trash that wanted people to know what he thought about the world, in a suicide note?

So his viewpoints had nothing to do with the bombings? Bombed people for shits and giggles but also just happened to hate gays and abortion? Sounds legit

Or he can at least just stop calling everyone racists.

terrorism
noun
  1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

terrorist
noun

1. 1.
    a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
<puh-lease75>

So you disagree with Merriam-Webster?

So his viewpoints had nothing to do with the bombings? Bombed people for shits and giggles but also just happened to hate gays and abortion? Sounds legit

If I were a criminal investigator, which I'm not, I suppose that I would try to find a link between the deemed motive (hating gays and abortion), and the victims of his attacks.

There have been abortion clinic bombings and there have been attacks directed towards gay people, which can be acknowledged as terrorism/hate crimes.

But here, it doesn't seem like there's a link between the victims and the motive. At the very least, it does not seem to be a very organized attempt to cause terror. Usually the message is pretty clear, in those cases.

Black perpetrator: "BUILD MORE PRISONS!"

Mexican perpetrator: "BUILD THE WALL NOW!"

White perpetrator: "Just a troubled youth, what a tragedy...."

Is normal, carry on.
BS. "How he suppose to get school clothes?"

People make excuses for tragedy based on how it fits their political agenda. You're doing exactly that right now.

Especially as a means of coercion. Meaning that the systematic use of terror is the hinge point here. I'd say planned bombings are a systematic use of terror, no?
But blowing people up simply to scare people doesn't fit what we normally use the term terrorism for.

If we included stuff like that under the umbrella of terrorism then why haven't we labeled those nasty street gangs and mob families as terrorist organizations?

But blowing people up simply to scare people doesn't fit what we normally use the term terrorism for.

If we included stuff like that under the umbrella of terrorism then why haven't we labeled those nasty street gangs and mob families as terrorist organizations?

The difference between this guy and gang members is the nature of the targets. Gang members don't inspire terror when targeted kills go down. Most people can safely ignore it if not involved in the lifestyle. This guy absolutely inspired terror. Even if there isn't a political motive, it's indiscriminate killing of presumably random targets. EVERYONE was a potential victim. It's all about a matter of scope here.

The boston bombers weren't trying to affect political change, the living one said it was "retaliation" for US forces doing dirt in the Middle East. Blowing people up to scare them was that retaliation. Is that not terrorism?

The difference between this guy and gang members is the nature of the targets. Gang members don't inspire terror when targeted kills go down. Most people can safely ignore it if not involved in the lifestyle. This guy absolutely inspired terror. Even if there isn't a political motive, it's indiscriminate killing of presumably random targets. EVERYONE was a potential victim. It's all about a matter of scope here.

The boston bombers weren't trying to affect political change, the living one said it was "retaliation" for US forces doing dirt in the Middle East. Blowing people up to scare them was that retaliation. Is that not terrorism?
I don't think it is. From my perspective it's violence for the sake of violence.

Source for this quote where the right says he's disturbed
Search for the thread that talked about it at the time. Plenty of material to arouse your curiosity. At first people obviously assumed religion of peace but they came to their senses.

Yeah... in this thread about the Austin bombing:
  • One of us quoted the Austin police chief to support his view point
  • The other posted a Joe Biden meme
Tell me again about "inability to argue your viewpoint"...

And by the way, I am not "advocating censorship of different thought"... I am advocating censorship of LACK of thought... aka SPAM posting and derailing... you know, those things that are against the forum's rules...

Mods might want to take note...

What about a case like the guy who shot up the Pulse night club?

He was messed up in the head, a depressed guy, not that religious, probably a closet homosexual with all kinds of hang-ups about that, but he mentions Isis in a couple of online comments and he is an "ISIS TERRORIST."

The Pulse shooter called 911 and claimed to kill in the name of ISIS and pledged his loyalty to ISIS leadership. Can it be more clear?!

Killing someone in cold blood, right in front of you, takes some level of something that I can't comprehend, but is certainly not cowardice.

Setting or mailing bombs to random people and never having to face murdering someone is the biggest bitch move you can do. So he lived like a pussy and he died like a pussy. Hes going to continue living the life of a bitch in hell. Sad

Good to hear mate keep up the grind as long as you can.

Definitely. Other than this really fucking annoying setback it's baller.

What about the Stl show ?

Already did it. Little Rock, Joplin, STL and KC all in about a week.

It seems the American left have gotten their marching orders from the top, to raise fake outrage about how the case is being handled.

Officers say that there was no terrorist motive, and some of his victims were white people.

Sorry to say, but it seems you'll have to wait another day for a "far-right terror" attack.

Well with the rate that Trump supporters are shooting up schools, bombing minorities, shooting up churches, and driving cars through crowds, getting caught trying to blow up the Federal building it should should be any day now.

Definitely. Other than this really fucking annoying setback it's baller.

Already did it. Little Rock, Joplin, STL and KC all in about a week.

Well with the rate that Trump supporters are shooting up schools, bombing minorities, shooting up churches, and driving cars through crowds, getting caught trying to blow up the Federal building it should should be any day now.
lmfao got my laugh of the day

If the definition of terrorist simply includes randomness of victim choice, and panic created in the community, would you classify serial killers as terrorists? Legitimate question, I’m not fishing for anything, I want to know your actual opinion.

Back