37 Palestinians and counting dead, 1600 injured bc of Israel

Has nothing to do with “the Zionist media”. I’m reacting the the family’s own story.
What makes you think its horseshit other than the fact that its a Palestinian account?

What makes you think its horseshit other than the fact that its a Palestinian account?

I guess it’s because for me to believe that story as they told it I would have to conclude that these Palestinians are just unimaginably stupid. Mom and uncle would have to be like characters from Idiocracy and I’m not prepared to assume that.

I guess it’s because for me to believe that story as they told it I would have to conclude that these Palestinians are just unimaginably stupid. Mom and uncle would have to be like characters from Idiocracy and I’m not prepared to assume that.
How exactly? It seems the tear gas could've been dropped by a drone so the tent could've been conceivably far enough from the security fence to be thought of as safe. If anything the tent was likely set up as a safe haven for the protestors a little bit away from the more heated areas of protest, that's nto uncommon in protests over there. They know people are going to get hurt so they set up place were people can retreat to.

How exactly? It seems the tear gas could've been dropped by a drone so the tent could've been conceivably far enough from the security fence to be thought of as safe. If anything the tent was likely set up as a safe haven for the protestors a little bit away from the more heated areas of protest, that's nto uncommon in protests over there. They know people are going to get hurt so they set up place were people can retreat to.

Even if I accept that (which is not yet established anyway), mother of an infant should have wanted no part of that protest where people are getting killed. And uncle would have to be utterly retarded to bring the baby anywhere near. And why does he say he did it? Because the baby was crying. An eight month old baby WAS CRYING! That what eight month old babies do! So as I said, the whole story sounds like horseshit to me. I leave it to other to specualate on what other motives might have been at play.

Yeah I think everyone can agree especially in hindsight but remember there is a 2 mile exclusion zone inside gazan territory and at points it's only 3 miles wide. There isn't much room at all.

Ah yes we can only trust the Zionist media. There is no disinformation against the Palestinians...

Always the victim's fault when it comes to Palestinians it seems. Many protesters in the Civil Rights movement were women and many of them mothers. Its a little different since the US government was not as vicious as the Israelis are but the point remains the same; some people are willing to commit a lot to their cause. When you've faced generations of occupation it might just seem worth it. Go back and stay with the baby and do nothing, and then what? Raise the baby in the squalid conditions of the occupation so that they can then raise their children in even worse conditions and so on and so forth? If they are non-violent protestors then I absolutely see no issue with it.

But of course, many will hold the Palestinians to the highest standards while excusing the violence of the Israelis. Can't use violence despite being occupied, can't have mothers resisting, shouldn't approach a security fence(which encroaches on their territory btw), can't do this, can't do that. Seems like for some the Palestinians should accept their fate and act as cattle, simply letting the Israelis do as they please.

All humans are equal, but some humans are more equal than others.

Even if I accept that (which is not yet established anyway), mother of an infant should have wanted no part of that protest where people are getting killed.
Why do you get to assert what they should and shouldn't do? Like I said earlier, some people are willing to give up quite a bit for their cause, when you look at the squalor of the Palestinians its not hard to imagine why someone would feel that way. There were ids at the Amristar massacre as well, was it the fault of the Indians for allowing them there or the British for opening fire on unarmed civilians?

The rest makes more sense.

Why do you get to assert what they should and shouldn't do? Like I said earlier, some people are willing to give up quite a bit for their cause, when you look at the squalor of the Palestinians its not hard to imagine why someone would feel that way. There were ids at the Amristar massacre as well, was it the fault of the Indians for allowing them there or the British for opening fire on unarmed civilians?

The rest makes more sense.

So you’re saying they were taking a calculated risk. That’s fine - but it’s not consistent with the whole innocently wandered into a war zone to care for a upset baby narrative they’re trying to sell to the press.

Last edited:
So you’re saying that were they were taking a calculated risk. That’s fine - but it’s not consistent with the whole innocently wandered into a war zone to care for a upset baby narrative they’re trying to sell to the press.
It does if the tent was removed enough from the scene of the protest.

It does if the tent was removed enough from the scene of the protest.

Why would that make more sense? If Israelis are the monsters you and these people say they are, why then would they feel any more safe in that tent? They wouldn’t. They would expect to be a target there as well.

Why would that make more sense? If Israelis are the monsters you and these people say they are, why then would they feel any more safe in that tent? They wouldn’t. They would expect to be a target there as well.

Yeah. At the very best it is inexcusably foolish.

It would make more sense because its removed from the scene of the protest and thus less likely to be targeted. Knowing the high likelihood of violence by the Israelis they need an area to retreat to. In the context of war you still have hospitals and tent clinics to treat the wounded even if they're not entirely safe.
Yeah. At the very best it is inexcusably foolish.
Nah, its a calculated risk. And like I said, its a safer area than the site of the protest at the security wall. With the Israelis there's really nowhere safe in the occupied territories but there are certainly more and less dangerous areas.

If it were up to you guys you'd want the Palestinians to just keep their heads down and let their land be taken piece by piece.

If it were up to you guys you'd want the Palestinians to just keep their heads down and let their land be taken piece by piece.

If it were up to me, I'd keep my little kids the fuck away from protests at militarized borders against people I view as violent aggressors. I find it strange that anyone needs to be given such advice, but that's the world we live in.

If it were up to me, I'd keep my little kids the fuck away from protests at militarized borders against people I view as violent aggressors. I find it strange that anyone needs to be given such advice, but that's the world we live in.
No offense but I'm going to take the criticism of someone in the comfort of America of someone under an inter-generational military occupation with a grain of salt.

And like I said, if it was at a tent its possible the tent was some distance from the security wall and presumed relatively safe and an area to retreat to from the violence.

No offense but I'm going to take the criticism of someone in the comfort of America of someone under an inter-generational military occupation with a grain of salt.

And like I said, if it was at a tent its possible the tent was some distance from the security wall and presumed relatively safe and an area to retreat to from the violence.
No offense taken. My criticism is obviously correct.

Like you said, we wouldn't begin to know what it's like to live under military occupation, it was a 'calculated risk' where they 'presumed' they were safe... tragic but avoidable.

@IngaVovchanchyn

If you're really still wondering how a people could be so desperate, consider this
A new report published by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development on assistance to the Palestinian people warns that the Gaza Strip could become “uninhabitable” by 2020 if current economic trends persist.

There is no future under this Apartheid for the Palestinians of Gaza, something has to change soon or they will face only despair and suffering. If you could sacrifice your life for even the chance to spare your child of such a future, wouldn't you consider it?

@IngaVovchanchyn

If you're really still wondering how a people could be so desperate, consider this

There is no future under this Apartheid for the Palestinians of Gaza, something has to change soon or they will face only despair and suffering. If you could sacrifice your life for even the chance to spare your child of such a future, wouldn't you consider it?

It remains incredibly foolish to bring a child under a year old into the proximity of a violent protest. The actual event bears that judgment out.

As far as living under apartheid, which I find a silly comparison, given the extensive range of civil rights accorded to Israeli Arabs, I'd say the Palestinians should admit defeat, stop trying to conquer Israel, admit that Israel has a right to exist, and negotiate in good faith. That worked quite well for Egypt and Jordan.

It remains incredibly foolish to bring a child under a year old into the proximity of a violent protest. The actual event bears that judgment out.
Are you gonna answer the question though?

Back