4 people dead today after argument at toddlers birthday party in Texas

I guess there was a lot of pride and honor to be found in the sticky white flour pastry's coating of colored icing.

I have several family members who pretty much always carry a gun. So yeah, at my wedding, my side of the aisle was almost certainly packing. FWIW, the worst incidents at toddler birthday parties are limited to things like toddlers having tantrums and almost always resolved without gunfire.
Different worlds I guess. I own a gun, but I would never think to bring it to most social gatherings.

Different worlds I guess. I own a gun, but I would never think to bring it to most social gatherings.

I also own a gun and do not bring it to most social gatherings. What with the increasing prevalence of concealed carry across the US in the past decade or two, I wonder if it isn't different worlds. It's quite possible people are carrying at the same social gatherings you attend without your knowledge.

Were any of those 4 people innocent?
Or did they thought it was a good idea to start shooting at a birthday party?
Because if they did its probably a good thing they are dead.

Sure and as I said I'm not saying incidents like these justify gun control. But you can't pretend allowing people access to firearms won't result in something like this. Remove the firearms from this situation and things would've turned out very differently.
The benefits of allowing the masses to have limited access to firearms outweigh the negatives of it.

Freedom demands an armed populace. Marxist utopian atheist elites slaughtered untold millions in under one century turning whole nations into slave states. EVERY communist authoritarian society was enforced with absolute gun control disarmament of the people.

And before you say it could never happen in America realize that authoritarian secular leftists have completely gained control in American culture.

Secular atheists tend to flock to collectivist utopian thought (Marxism) instead of free market capitalism and individualism.

Marxists in power have proven time and time again to rule with absolute Orwellian totalitarianism. People in power are still flawed human beings and will resort to violence to achieve lofty utopian goals.

A civilian with a gun can cause death and destruction to a limited degree.

People with power in charge of the state can cause unlimited amounts of death and destruction.

Understand these things..

I also own a gun and do not bring it to most social gatherings. What with the increasing prevalence of concealed carry across the US in the past decade or two, I wonder if it isn't different worlds. It's quite possible people are carrying at the same social gatherings you attend without your knowledge.
Lol. As you're one of those I consider to be in the careful use of language club I got a chuckle out of "most social gatherings". Other than farm parties and camping I can't think of a social gatherings around here where people bring their firearms. And even that would appear strange and maybe disturbing to most Euros. Sometimes I forget how different things can be just a few hours south of here, nevermind globally.

Why were guns present in the first place? It was a birthday party at a private residence. Do people really carry their pistols around everywhere regardless of the setting?

Might just need more details, but it's weird as hell to me that somebody would have a gun on his person in that scenario.

its the wild west right? standard to.

Well, when you have a kid at 17 and don't teach them how to deal with conflict, they may grow up to be a piece of shit that shoots up a bday party.
People like to mock the idea of toxic masculinity, but the idea that insults and other damage to one’s honor must be met with violence fits right in.

That sucks. I tend to support gun rights but there's no doubt that stuff like this is the collateral damage resulting from that. Not saying this incident justifies gun control necessarily, just that when you support gun ownership in general that means dumb fucks like these guys get to have them too.

I kind of get you. What could have been a fist fight went way too far.

People like to mock the idea of toxic masculinity, but the idea that insults and other damage to one’s honor must be met with violence fits right in.

Come on. It's one incident in a Country of over 300 million.
Shitty stuff is going to happen.

Come on. It's one incident in a Country of over 300 million.
Shitty stuff is going to happen.
I’m talking about the psychology behind it. I’ve seen plenty of people get in trouble because they felt the need to be ‘manly’ in a situation.

The benefits of allowing the masses to have limited access to firearms outweigh the negatives of it.

Freedom demands an armed populace. Marxist utopian atheist elites slaughtered untold millions in under one century turning whole nations into slave states. EVERY communist authoritarian society was enforced with absolute gun control disarmament of the people.

And before you say it could never happen in America realize that authoritarian secular leftists have completely gained control in American culture.

Secular atheists tend to flock to collectivist utopian thought (Marxism) instead of free market capitalism and individualism.

Marxists in power have proven time and time again to rule with absolute Orwellian totalitarianism. People in power are still flawed human beings and will resort to violence to achieve lofty utopian goals.

A civilian with a gun can cause death and destruction to a limited degree.

People with power in charge of the state can cause unlimited amounts of death and destruction.

Understand these things..
<escalate99>

I’m talking about the psychology behind it. I’ve seen plenty of people get in trouble because they felt the need to be ‘manly’ in a situation.

What psychology are you talking about?
Please don't say "toxic masculinity"
I'll lose all respect for you.

What psychology are you talking about?
Please don't say "toxic masculinity"
I'll lose all respect for you.
I won't fret over that. The psychology of men engaging in violent behavior because they feel offended. You can call it what you want.

I won't fret over that. The psychology of men engaging in violent behavior because they feel offended. You can call it what you want.

It's not going to stop. Violence will always be part of man. It's ridiculous and unrealistic to think otherwise.

How would you propose to get rid of thousands of years of violent instincts?
Vaccines, GMOs, fluoride in the water, an overly expensive course at Uni?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/14/us/texas-birthday-party-shooting/index.html

Jesus Christ Texas.

Why did they have to pull guns out? That would ruin my birthday.

Before people race bait they were Hispanic and not blacks.

Knew it was whites or Hispanics as soon as I saw the headline “4 people shot and killed”. Not race baiting and maybe a little stereotypical, justsayin.

Very sad story. They should have just Mexicaned it out and used their fists. Poor kids.

Texas shooting? I would have guessed white.

WTF? You have never been to Texas I take it? Texas is half Hispanic. And I think that’s a lie as well. When I lived in midland Texas the statistics said about half white half Hispanic. Buulllllllllll shit. Talk about skewed. The real eye test was about 75% Hispanics and 25 % white.

I am shocked at how they still believe almost anyone should just be able to get one.

What does that even mean? If you can legally buy a firearm you should "just be able to get one" . . . what's shocking about that?

Well, when you have a kid at 17 and don't teach them how to deal with conflict, they may grow up to be a piece of shit that shoots up a bday party.

As a person who had a kid at 17, this 100%.

Back