"45 & 55 are the hardest divisions in MMA. Thats how great Conor is. He conquered both"- Chael Sonen

said Manlet easily KO'd the former dominant champ who is now the #1 contender at WW, funny how good fighters suddenly become bums after they lose to someone people hate.
He's a manlet.

Yes he beat RDA...but before that he got split decisions over pettis and melendez and lost to cerrone.........In almost every fight he gets rocked.

So no....beating eddie, doesn't mean that Conor Conquered the LW division since eddie was never a dominant champion at all..He was a brand new champ.

LMFAO if you think beating a new crowned champ, who has split victories over other LWs and gets rocked in almost every fight = conquering LW.

Chael Sonnen's statement was simply wrong.

I wasn't talking about Sonnen's comment, I more or less pointing out your senseless bashing of Eddie just because you don't like Conor. And nobody said he was the most dominant Champion or is implying that, but to say that he is constantly rocked as a way to try and demean his skills as a fighter and discredit Conor's victory over him when he only has 5 losses, is kind of funny no? Out of all his 35 fights, he's only been finished twice, and before Conor that wasn't for nearly a decade. That comment only goes to show his heart when you really want to evaluate his skills as a fighter, to get rocked but still have the heart to stay in it, and make it a war and comeback.

Also don't deal with "Thinks" man, I never said Eddie was a dominant Champion, we barely got to see that before Conor sniped him. I never said he was, so don't bother going there, it's a bad assumption on your part.

Chael may have been wrong, I'm not arguing that, but the Eddie bashing is senseless in this scenario when it only serves to try and discredit Conor, but since you have to downplay Eddie in order to do that, no.

Chael may have said something stupid, but that doesn't mean you try and drag Eddie's name through the mud to prove a point.

Hop scotched around 145 picking easy or vulnerable prey to fight didn't fight all the top guys in the class missed Lamas, Edgar, Bermudez, all considered top guys at the time. One f*king fight and win @LW does not conquer a division it don't even dent it. Chael get out in front of his mouth...

45 yeah, realistically Alvarez was a soft champion so idk

He's a manlet.

Yes he beat RDA...but before that he got split decisions over pettis and melendez and lost to cerrone.........In almost every fight he gets rocked.

So no....beating eddie, doesn't mean that Conor Conquered the LW division since eddie was never a dominant champion at all..He was a brand new champ.

I hope life gets better for you. I know it didn't work out the way you intended but you can make the most of it. Chin up.

<DCrying>

Funny how everyone gives Conor shit for "leapfrogging" to the 155 TS. Frankie lost to Benson Henderson twice at LW and got an immediate TS against Aldo at FW..which he lost. GSP retired and came back to fight for the MW Belt.
Champions get perks...just like any top employee gets in most businesses. Conor brought a ton of $$$ to the UFC and a new audience (Ireland). He was an exciting fighter and promoter..never missed weight and fought last minute replacements instead of sitting out.
Conor gets a ton of hate but look at what he did. Knocked people out on the way to the 145lb title..immediately goes after the 155 title..then he took his picture with the 2 belts and FOUGHT FLOYD MAYWEATHER lol. Who the fuck has even come close to doing that? Nobody! Not only did he "leapfrog" the 155 div..he leapfrogged lifelong boxers that wanted that Floyd money.

Aldo should have gotten his rematch. Conor only does rematches when he loses the first fight tho.
aldo is your idol, why would you put yourself through that again?

you're already broken enough, you don't need to see conor stiffening aldo again.

He didnt conquer LW.

He beat a 5'7 (UFC height stat is wrong)LW Manlet who gets rocked in each fight.

Khabib and ferguson are much better LWs.
He also had favorable conditions against mendes and ducked edgar

Eddie in 2016, was not the most skillful or best LW...yes he beat the champ, but LMFAO if you think he was a dominant Champ.

So saying that Conor conquered LW is really stupid, since he only beat manlet eddie....If eddie was a dominant champ, maybe Sonnen would have a point but he wasn't.

I followed eddie's career since DREAM...He has always been entertaining but also he gets rocked really easily.....He resume is good, but he has never been a dominant champ.

I never said Eddie was a dominant champ. But it’s retarded to deride him solely because Conor starched him when he had 3 top 5 wins in a row, and nobody else even had 1 at the time. He had the best resume by far. He still does.

Has zero title defenses in both and fought none of the best guys at 155. Went running when he saw the real competition at 155.

lol yeah. Everyone wants to hate on Conor but the LW champion is the most skilled champion on the roster. Bar none, no ifs ands or buts. He would have fought RDA who has a high energy wrestling attack. He fought Eddie who pretty everyone on here said was going to ground him and destroy him. The fuck outta here if you are saying after the fact that of course he dusted Eddie and Eddie was never any good.

Are Khabib and Tony better than RDA? Yes. Could either of them conceivably beat Eddie too? Yes. Does it change the fact that no one at 45 and 55 is better than Conor until they get in the cage together and prove it? No. If he's smart (and he is) he should never, ever fight in those divisions again and make them bury him with the lineal FW & LW belts. His dickriding fans can call him undefeated at LW or some shit. But no one has beaten a LW champion like that in years. I can only think of Pettis/Benson and BJ/Sherk for such quick destructions. There's a reason it's usually one of the most hotly contested belts in MMA history.

I never said Eddie was a dominant champ. But it’s retarded to deride him solely because Conor starched him when he had 3 top 5 wins in a row, and nobody else even had 1 at the time. He had the best resume by far. He still does.
The thread is about Conor conquering 155...I simply said, no he hasn't and said the truth....Eddie is a manlet, thats a fact...Conor is good against smaller manlets.....Basically a good matchup at LW, doesn't mean you conquered LW...even if you won the belt by beating your perfect matchup.

"Dana White's mean, USADA's scary" --- Fedor
"JBJ is too big, I stay in my category" --- Anderson Silva
"TEE JAAAY?!!?!?! Chris Cariaso DESERVES his rematch!" --- Mighty Mouse
"Err I'm closer to 155 than 185. What? Bisping's champ? No problem" --- GSP
"I'm waiting for the right opponent to move up to heavyweight" --- Jon Bones Jones

000d29c8-800.jpg

...only he didn't.
he didn't fight the top FW's nor the top LW's in his path to the title.
And he runs from defending his belt.

Claiming he climbed the highest mountain does not sound that daunting if you use an helicopter...

It's hard to come up and survive in those divisions

Conor did not conquer 155. He was gifted a very favorable matchup at 155 and it bit the UFC in the fucking ass. Cannot stand conor but fair play to him for long dicking the UFC for such blatant fuckery. That being said, beyond stoked for the true conquerer of 155 to be crowned. Any fighter at LW without a victory over Beeb or El Cucky is not the true champion.

I wasn't talking about Sonnen's comment, I more or less pointing out your senseless bashing of Eddie just because you don't like Conor. And nobody said he was the most dominant Champion or is implying that, but to say that he is constantly rocked as a way to try and demean his skills as a fighter and discredit Conor's victory over him when he only has 5 losses, is kind of funny no? Out of all his 35 fights, he's only been finished twice, and before Conor that wasn't for nearly a decade. That comment only goes to show his heart when you really want to evaluate his skills as a fighter, to get rocked but still have the heart to stay in it, and make it a war and comeback.

Also don't deal with "Thinks" man, I never said Eddie was a dominant Champion, we barely got to see that before Conor sniped him. I never said he was, so don't bother going there, it's a bad assumption on your part.

Chael may have been wrong, I'm not arguing that, but the Eddie bashing is senseless in this scenario when it only serves to try and discredit Conor, but since you have to downplay Eddie in order to do that, no.

Chael may have said something stupid, but that doesn't mean you try and drag Eddie's name through the mud to prove a point.

The reason I brought up dominance...was because, it wasn't like Eddie was a dominant champ and Conor dethroned him...thus in that scenerio, Chael could have a point, about conquering LW.

I mentioned him being rocked because it shows, he is not even dominant in many of his wins...He has great heart but like I said beating eddie, is not a conquering LW moment.

Conor KOing Alvarez was impressive.....but it's also true that alvarez is a manlet...huge manlet compared to Conor....Conor fights great against Manlets...specially in striking range, where he dwarfs em with height and reach......So beating his perfect matchup...a guy who gets rocked/hit often...it's not conquering a division.

mcgregor-alvarez.0.0.png

I like eddie...but when I hear Sonnen say complete bullshit and Conor fans agreeing...I will give the harsh truth.

Sonnen... The guy should be a Fight Promoter when he retires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back