"45 & 55 are the hardest divisions in MMA. Thats how great Conor is. He conquered both"- Chael Sonen

Am I the only one who thinks of this when I hear tony Ferguson?
7Bmw.gif
perhaps I'm dating myself. I'm only 33. A young up and comes.
Norm is the GOAT

"Dana White's mean, USADA's scary" --- Fedor
"JBJ is too big, I stay in my category" --- Anderson Silva
"TEE JAAAY?!!?!?! Chris Cariaso DESERVES his rematch!" --- Mighty Mouse
"Err I'm closer to 155 than 185. What? Bisping's champ? No problem" --- GSP
"I'm waiting for the right opponent to move up to heavyweight" --- Jon Bones Jones

000d29c8-800.jpg

Anderson moved up in weight more than Conor.

Conor started at 155. Dropped to 145 then came back to 155.

Anderson fought at 167. Moved up to 185. Then flatlined the former champ at 205.

Conor's title at 155 is going to be remembered as a novelty; similar to Roy Jones' win over Ruiz or GSP's win over Bisping. Mediocre fighters that had no business holding a title getting beat by a smaller (or in Alvarez's case he did not even have this in his favor) better fighter that only fought them since they were tailored made to beat them.

Conor has conquered 155? LMAO, hilarious stuff

Conor beat the both of both LW and FW. I will always give him props for that.

If anybody conquered LW, it will be Khabib or Ferg after their fight. Conor did conquer FW though.

He didnt conquer LW.

He beat a 5'7 (UFC height stat is wrong)LW Manlet who gets rocked in each fight.

Khabib and ferguson are much better LWs.
Chael knows this. he's a master troll.

Until he beats Khabib, he didn't conquer the LW division. Saying he "conquered" itself is a bit of an exaggeration when he lost and then barely beat Diaz (he's a LW in my book).

Chael would make a much better Dana than Dana. He knows how to sell ice to the eskimos as regards this fight game. WME should be looking to him as their next onscreen promoter figureheadand let Dana off to pursue his boxing endeavours.

@ Chael Sonnen's quote:
The toughest divisions are Lightweight and Welterweight, neither of which McGregor conquered.

@ McGregor and Featherweight run:
He was protected by the UFC through the matchmaking; they only booked Mendes because it was deemed a moderate but necessary risk (short notice for Mendes and they dumped a lot of money into UFC 189).

If you can recall, before Aldo got injured the UFC gave McGregor a title eliminator fight against Siver, who according to FightMatrix' rankings was the number 19th ranked Featherweight in the world at the time (15th if you exclude non-UFC fighters). I elaborated on this subject in another thread:

@ McGregor and Lightweight run:
He went 1-1 with Nate Diaz who was the #10 ranked Lightweight at the beginning of 2016 and was allowed to leapfrog all the contenders (just like he did at Featherweight) and fought Alvarez.

Alvarez got a title shot after going 2-1 in the UFC, with both of his wins being split decisions. RDA was fainting the night before the fight due to his weight cut, so I'd put an asterisk next to Alvarez' title win too.

@ McGregor in general:
He's never defended any title, and one of the reasons I agree with Hughes' often criticized quote that you're not the champion until you've defended it, is because the champion can't be protected by the matchmaking, and in a sport like MMA where styles make fights I can't fault the logic behind Hughes' statement. I'm not trying to suggest that McGregor would have lost decisively against all these contenders he's cut in front of, but the unanswered question of how those fights would've gone will always put his sport-legacy (not to be confused with business-legacy) into question.

Chael also called himself champ after he tapped to Anderson.

It's funny how people always praise Chael when one of his wild claims happens to fall in place with their viewpoint.

You cannot seriously believe he conquered LW. He has one win there. Calling it the hardest division in MMA and then stating someone conquered it with one fight is a contradiction.

Where is the reasoning with that? It's disrespectful to any fighter at LW.

Not true conquered would mean cleaning out both divisions. And Conor did not do that. He had plenty of good fights that he ran from like a chicken.

No I think being champ is better. I' sure Tony agrees.

Losing to gatekeeper Nate, then barely getting a decision in the rematch isn't conquering the division. More like using a cheat code to get to the final boss.

The final boss of gradius

Let's compare our positions.

You made the top 5 wins comment, which is clearly false and anyone who looks at the math will see that. Meanwhile I stated he is ARGUABLY the weakest champ in the last decade. Not bashing him really but let's look at it, the last decade has:

Conor (0 defenses)
Eddie (0 defenses, not even touching on the splits to get his title shot jumping Khabib/Tony then ducking Khabib for the red panty night against the 0-0 LW)
RDA (1 defense)
prime Bendo (3 defenses)
prime Frankie (2.5 defenses)
prime Penn (3 defenses)

What you said is flat out false. What I said is an opinion that you'd be in a tough spot to attack. It is VERY arguable he was the weakest champ of the last decade. Again, no offense to Eddie (155 is monstrous) but it is what it is. Anyway, I'm done. If you're clearly in the anti-reality camp AND the "defend Conor at all costs and call anyone else a hater" camp you clearly aren't going to listen to reason.

Eddie has top 5 wins in his UFC run alone over Pettis, Gilbert, RDA, and Gaethje. Tony’s only ever top 5 win is RDA, and Khabib’s are RDA and Barboza. That’s 4 vs 3.

So actually yes, the math checks out that Eddie has more top 5 wins then they do combined in their entire careers simply in his UFC run.

Eddie also didn’t jump anybody for his title shot seeing as he was ranked higher than both Tony and Khabib. Go back to the rankings and Eddie was ranked #1, not either of them. You know, cause it was Eddie who had the the best wins.

Eddie getting destroyed in his first title defence, by another champion, is a terrible reason to call him a weak champion when he had the best resume in the entire division, and still does. Not to mention calling him weak because the other recent ones happen to be his fellow GOAT LWs is being deliberately misleading.

You hate that Conor won the LW belt and that’s fine, but don’t disrespect Eddie just because Conor put on a flawless performance against a LW GOAT who was coming off 3 top 5 wins in a row.

You are a fucking newb do you think i care what you say? It like listening to advice from a child. Go to bed now kiddo.

No Tony himself, and Khabib have both ranted about being champ. You go to bed son

Back