45 years since the last Moon Mission/Trump signs Space Policy Directive

That's right. The big 50th anniversary is coming up where they have to wheel that billion dollar lie out on center stage again. How many disasters have we had just trying to enter and re-enter from Earth's orbit only 300 miles up the past 30 years but I'm suppose to believe we went 240,000 miles out and back a dozen times with only one hitch (Apollo 13)? That's like flying a plane 5,000 feet up a few times but since then we won't go anymore than 5 inches off the ground.

Then you have the post press conference where the astronauts look like they're on trial for murder. With good reason because they might end up like Thomas Baron or Grissom. It's not 240,000 miles or nothing. The number one reason they say we don't go back is finances. So, go out 50,000 or 10,000 or 5,000..that doesn't happen though. Human exploration has never behaved this way. I don't think we can get man out of Earth's orbit or we would have done so many times since Tricky Dicky was in office.

There is all sort of stuff in near earth space and not much after that until you hit the moon so while harder its not exponentially harder like you are suggesting.

Ok, for those who missed it from the video. It takes $10,000 per pound to put something into Earth's orbit, $100,000 to the Moon and $1,000,000 to Mars.

I agree with previous posts above me, exploring all of earth first should be the priority.

Back