$5 billion for Border Wall?

The only concessions I've seen is you not realizing Republicans had control of Congress for the last 8 years and illegal immigrants are statistically less likely to commit crimes per population size.

Everything else was just a failed attempt at hiding your ignorance for facts...

I'll also concede that I don't think very highly of you. but you knew that already yes?

Too late.

lol at 5 billion. this will easily balloon 10 fold in no time.

Who here (right and leftwingers and everyone in-between) believes the border wall will only cost $5 billion or thereabouts?

The people hiring the illegals are hoping they dont build the wall. They wont have the cheap Labour. I also bet they voted republican.

Who here (right and leftwingers and everyone in-between) believes the border wall will only cost $5 billion or thereabouts?

I bet if you hire illegals you might bring that cost below $5 billion... or damn near it...

Not sure why anyone would venture to guess what something like that would cost . . . too many variables.

It ain't going to be cheap if it ever happens . . . that's for certain.

When people are ridiculing Trump for the wall proposal, they often sneer at the idea of a 2,000-mile border wall. Have these people ever looked at a map of the US-Mexico border? More than half of its length is the Rio Grande, where we probably wouldn't need a wall/barrier.

Trump himself has stated repeatedly that the ultimate length of the wall would be approximately 700 miles. That's about the distance from San Diego, California to El Paso, Texas, where the Rio Grande crosses into the US.

The Israeli border wall, which appears to have been highly effective, is 440 miles.

Those who doubt the effectiveness of a border wall should ask themselves the following questions:

• Has the 440-mile Israeli border wall been effective?
  • Why does the National Border Patrol Council endorse the construction of the wall?
  • Why have multiple border patrol sector chiefs endorsed the construction of the wall?
  • Why did Hillary Clinton and 25 other Democratic Senators vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized 700 miles of double-layer fencing across the southern border in addition to other border security measures?

Not sure why anyone would venture to guess what something like that would cost . . . too many variables.

It ain't going to be cheap if it ever happens . . . that's for certain.

One doesn't need to put forth a ball-park figure. Wouldn't you say $5 billion sounds too low, for a border wall that covers most of the Southern Border? And keep in mind that defense contractors routinely end up charging the government far more than they originally quoted.

Nobody that ever hired a god damn contractor lmao
I kid, I kid

But just a bit

When people are ridiculing Trump for the wall proposal, they often sneer at the idea of a 2,000-mile border wall. Have these people ever looked at a map of the US-Mexico border? More than half of its length is the Rio Grande, where we probably wouldn't need a wall/barrier.

Trump himself has stated repeatedly that the ultimate length of the wall would be approximately 700 miles. That's about the distance from San Diego, California to El Paso, Texas, where the Rio Grande crosses into the US.

The Israeli border wall, which appears to have been highly effective, is 440 miles.

Those who doubt the effectiveness of a border wall should ask themselves the following questions:

• Why does the National Border Patrol Council endorse the construction of the wall?
  • Why have multiple border patrol sector chiefs endorsed the construction of the wall?
  • Why did Hillary Clinton and 25 other Democratic Senators vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized 700 miles of double-layer fencing across the southern border in addition to other border security measures?
People can cross the Rio Grande by swimming, rafting, using rubber tubes etc..because atleast portions of the waterway are easily accessed and crossed.

@ens189

People can cross the Rio Grande by swimming, rafting, using rubber tubes etc..because atleast portions of the waterway are easily accessed and crossed.
Of course. My point was that the wall is probably not the best approach for most of the Rio Grande stretch of the US-Mexico border. The true length of Trump's wall would probably be in the 700-mile range, as Trump has said repeatedly.

Back