5 Michigan teens who threw rock from highway overpass could face life if convicted of 2nd degree mur

Should be 1st degree, they knew what would hqppen.

I tend to agree, but I feel it's more intense stupidity that malicious intent. I'd give them the rough end of 2nd degree though for sure.

Good there's no excuse anyone could come up with at age 17 that would cause me to have any mercy for them. They knew exactly what they were doing and the potential outcomes of it. These aren't people that should be free to cause further damage to society. Would prefer if they got thrown off the overpass themselves but I guess life sentences will have to do.

I know which punishment I want for them. Make it happen Yahweh!!!!
giphy.gif

A small piece of metal came off a truck and flew through the front windshield of my cousins car.
It hit him right in the face. He got fuck up pretty bad. Lucky he was coming into the freeway and wasnt going full speed. He missed work for 1 and half year.

This stuff it's actually more common than people think. Feel bad for the guy and his family.

Fuck em
Second degree murder and maybe let them plead down to something like manslaughter
Years. THey owe years

I dont think 15 years old should be tried as adults, fuck the 17 years old one.

I hope the prosecution can present a good case for intent to kill on the kids part, so they get the murder conviction, but it could be tricky. I don't want them to get off with involuntary manslaughter or some shit.
They probably don't plan to prove intent

In Michigan, second-degree murder is best described by what it is not. It's not a premeditated killing like first-degree murder, nor is felony murder, where a death happens during a very serious and violent felony listed in the statute such as kidnapping or carjacking. Second-degree murder is either:

• An unplanned, intentional killing; or
  • A death caused by a reckless disregard for human life.
I assume they go for 'reckless disregard for human life' which seems almost self-evident.

Part of me feels that parents should get at least half of a minors sentencing.

I assume they go for 'reckless disregard for human life' which seems almost self-evident.

Interesting, that Michigan doesn't require intent to kill for 2nd degree murder. "Reckless disregard for human life" would be easy to argue.

Happened not far from me on a stretch of highway i have traveled hundreds of times.

The sad thing is only 1 bad apple is needed to ruin a bunch. The rationality of a group is then lowered to the least common denominator. Especially with teens.

Who knows. If they have priors that should have a significant impact on their sentencing.

My gunner in Iraq knew to just go ahead and smoke anyone on a bridge that was throwing things. He didn't even need to ask for permission to engage.

Feel so bad for the wife, you could just see the pain in her that the love of her life and father of her child died from something so fucking stupid.

Good. Let Bubba, CJ and Leroy at the state timeshare have 'em.

Back